Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    I was skimming, and when it started to "review" the logo of GVH, I just stopped.

I think intelligent people will see this as the BS it is.

The owner of "hosting-reviews-exposed" tried to pick a fight with us earlier in the year, and he was handed his @ss on plate in public responses. (As per WHT rules, I can't link to it, so you'll just have to Google for it yourself.) That's another guy that rambles on about weird crap, attacking a number of good hosts (and other sites, products, and services) in the process. The funny part is his site loads so slow. Like worse than Hostgator and Godaddy combined slow!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same crank.

There's plenty of crappy hosts to pick on out there. Not sure why they choose to do this instead.

People are weird.
    That Ben is another idiot targeting you :@ so many immature adults acting like kids, why does it have to be in our industry..

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    That Ben is another idiot targeting you :@ so many immature adults acting like kids, why does it have to be in our industry..
    We've sent an email to the email address displayed on the site asking for details of there legal representation no doubt we'll either be ignored or sent incorrect phony details. We'll await there response so sadly at this time am no longer able to comment about anything displayed on said site. I guess they want to call our bluff by previous attempts but sadly we're sick to death of these individuals we'll see how smug they are shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    We've sent an email to the email address displayed on the site asking for details of there legal representation no doubt we'll either be ignored or sent incorrect phony details. We'll await there response so sadly at this time am no longer able to comment about anything displayed on said site. I guess they want to call our bluff by previous attempts but sadly we're sick to death of these individuals we'll see how smug they are shortly.
    Probably ignored since they posted a sarcastic message above it.

Probably ignored since they posted a sarcastic message above it.
    In some parts of the world it's illegal to practice as a private investigator without some form of license. So we need to ensure this person is a fully accredited investigator otherwise they could be practicing illegally.

It's everywhere there are people. You notice it in this industry because you are in this industry and therefore pay attention to it.
    Skeptic Hosting
    Promoting a reality-based lifestyle choice
    Hosting by invitation only, nothing for sale

Quote Originally Posted by srider View Post
    It's everywhere there are people. You notice it in this industry because you are in this industry and therefore pay attention to it.
    We now have strong information that the person behind this site is indeed the one we had in mind. He happens to live in the UK and unfortunately for him the email header he replied from has all his information contained even information to another hosting provider he operates. Maybe he should come here and explain him self first?

That was very stupid of him.

I'm rather disgusted by fake "review" sites, especially ones that are set up by other hosts with the sole goal to defame competition. With bogus information and misleading information, it's a legal liability, and UK has stronger laws than the USA does on this.

Why is it that the UK hosting market is so childish? Shenanigans has happened there many times this year. I don't get it.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I agree, pretty sad behaviour for an adult!

That was very stupid of him.

I'm rather disgusted by fake "review" sites, especially ones that are set up by other hosts with the sole goal to defame competition. With bogus information and misleading information, it's a legal liability, and UK has stronger laws than the USA does on this.

Why is it that the UK hosting market is so childish? Shenanigans has happened there many times this year. I don't get it.
    It does seem his intentions are actually abusive not only mentally but also harassing in nature and happens to like hiding behind Namecheap privacy protection in a hope of covering up unfortunately for him the email header contained every piece of information to link back to him and his home address so we will no longer need to accept his rubbish excuses am quite shocked that someone who focuses on the ability of others he actually undertakes "licensable investigation activities" which is quite alarming and his latest site doesn't appear to hide the fact he does investigations for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by gingir View Post
    I agree, pretty sad behaviour for an adult
    I believe this guy is at least 40 years old.

It was clearly an ad hominem attack, there is no reason for any web hosting review to discuss the personal or family life of a hosting provider.

Any person that does this should be ignored, ridiculed or both.
    Skeptic Hosting
    Promoting a reality-based lifestyle choice
    Hosting by invitation only, nothing for sale

Quote Originally Posted by srider View Post
    It was clearly an ad hominem attack, there is no reason for any web hosting review to discuss the personal or family life of a hosting provider.

Any person that does this should be ignored, ridiculed or both.
    Absolutely, This is clear that it's a personal attack and shall be dealt with accordingly to the fullest extent of the law.

I never trusted those *review* websites. they are mostly get affiliate percentage or owned by the hosting company
    Cloudzy
    Cheap Windows VPS | Linux VPS | Bitcoin VPS | Forex VPS
    Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, PerfectMoney, CryotoCurrency and Bitcoin
    In business for more than 14 years - Since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Hannan View Post
    I never trusted those *review* websites. they are mostly get affiliate percentage or owned by the hosting company
    This individual happens to own and maintain a number of different hosting type setups located within the UK and happen so his "hate" sites are actually just on dedicated IP's of the cPanel servers/reseller accounts he's providing hosting from not exactly needing to have a degree in rocket science to see this in the email headers he's kindly giving us.
    Last edited by Server Management; 11-21-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Sadly you find these morons in life who spread b/s about companies, goods or services without being able to give proof of their complaint.

I've seen it on Trip Advisor as an example, a restaurant has 100 reviews averaging 4 or 5 stars then suddenly they get 4 or 5 reviews giving 1 star, from people who are leaving feedback for the first time and happen to live all in the same area as each other.

Sometimes take these with a pinch of salt and ignore them.
    If in this case the reviews are damaging hosting companies business and reputation then the best advice is to seek legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by hosting-buyer View Post
    Sadly you find these morons in life who spread b/s about companies, goods or services without being able to give proof of their complaint.

I've seen it on Trip Advisor as an example, a restaurant has 100 reviews averaging 4 or 5 stars then suddenly they get 4 or 5 reviews giving 1 star, from people who are leaving feedback for the first time and happen to live all in the same area as each other.

Sometimes take these with a pinch of salt and ignore them.
    If in this case the reviews are damaging hosting companies business and reputation then the best advice is to seek legal advice.
    It's quite a shame really because this individual is actually associated with a whole boat load of hosting providers most of them use the same dedicated IP's so linking between isn't an issue really. It seems he puts client sites on the same IP's as too for distributing his abuse. He's also known for copyright theft and seems to enjoy war type things. I presume his liking for war is causing him to start wars with others on a immature level.

Am still slightly baffled what the motives are behind this individual he certainly seems to have some type of problem towards us in some kind of shape or size which appears to be unhealthy and has an unnecessary fixation towards searching for us on Google and compiling information which has various forms of inaccuracy in them. To be fair I am tired of this individual and his motives are becoming questionable to the point he appears to be an nuisance. We’ve had the harassing phone calls. Phoney reviews made against us and several disturbing emails. A majority of the time most of this point’s back to the UK in some way simply so the disturbing emails was actually being relayed through Leeds.

I find it disturbing this individual claims to be a professional hosting provider and practices within the UK banking industry while causing this kind of disturbance towards a competitor and yes I say competitor because he is behind several UK hosting providers. I don’t have time to create drama or start compiling information on one’s business or life because quite frankly I find it extremely sad.

Some might find this doing more damage than good so be it but we don’t have to be remain silent while this abusive individual try’s to tarnish our reputation. The reputation we have built up for being reliable, honest and let’s say not leaving people in the dark because that’s not what we do or have ever done.

So without any doubt I would like to say the person behind hostingtoday.net is indeed Mr Lee Wisener who happens to be associated with several UK hosting brands, war forums and many other things that I simply have no interest in but I do have an interest to protect our rights and prevent ourselves from his continued harassing libellous actions and theft of our intellectual property.

I guess he will simply create more hate towards us now but I can say without doubt he will only be advertising our service and making us known to the wider community which we greatly appreciated as the market is very big.

He does seem to have an issue with playing nicely with fellow UK hosting providers as demonstrated with the chargeback he did here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1180226

I will let the community decide what they think of his actions!

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Server Management; 12-05-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Am still slightly baffled what the motives are behind this individual he certainly seems to have some type of problem towards us in some kind of shape or size which appears to be unhealthy and has an unnecessary fixation towards searching for us on Google and compiling information which has various forms of inaccuracy in them. To be fair I am tired of this individual and his motives are becoming questionable to the point he appears to be an nuisance. We’ve had the harassing phone calls. Phoney reviews made against us and several disturbing emails. A majority of the time most of this point’s back to the UK in some way simply so the disturbing emails was actually being relayed through Leeds.

I find it disturbing this individual claims to be a professional hosting provider and practices within the UK banking industry while causing this kind of disturbance towards a competitor and yes I say competitor because he is behind several UK hosting providers. I don’t have time to create drama or start compiling information on one’s business or life because quite frankly I find it extremely sad.

Some might find this doing more damage than good so be it but we don’t have to be remain silent while this abusive individual try’s to tarnish our reputation. The reputation we have built up for being reliable, honest and let’s say not leaving people in the dark because that’s not what we do or have ever done.

So without any doubt I would like to say the person behind hostingtoday.net is indeed Mr Lee Wisener who happens to be associated with several UK hosting brands, war forums and many other things that I simply have no interest in but I do have an interest to protect our rights and prevent ourselves from his continued harassing libellous actions and theft of our intellectual property.

I guess he will simply create more hate towards us now but I can say without doubt he will only be advertising our service and making us known to the wider community which we greatly appreciated as the market is very big.

He does seem to have an issue with playing nicely with fellow UK hosting providers as demonstrated with the chargeback he did here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1180226

I will let the community decide what they think of his actions!

Thanks for reading.
    Now what on earth did you do to the poor guy, did you steal his lunch money or something? Seriously, seems a bit extreme for someone to go to those types of lengths to run someones name through the mud. Sounds like a very miserable way to live.

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Now what on earth did you do to the poor guy, did you steal his lunch money or something? Seriously, seems a bit extreme for someone to go to those types of lengths to run someones name through the mud. Sounds like a very miserable way to live.
    Am not exactly sure. I've never spoken with him personally or ever done anything with him to do with business. But his continuous fixation with causing us harm is starting to look unhealthy from where I am sitting. I wouldn't exactly call him a "guy" in a few years he will be 50 years old...

Am not exactly sure. I've never spoken with him personally or ever done anything with him to do with business. But his continuous fixation with causing us harm is starting to look unhealthy from where I am sitting. I wouldn't exactly call him a "guy" in a few years he will be 50 years old...
    Most definitely, I think anyone who goes to those type of lengths to spread negativity has some serious underlying issues. Somewhat concerning when you really think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Most definitely, I think anyone who goes to those type of lengths to spread negativity has some serious underlying issues. Somewhat concerning when you really think about it.
    I wouldn't know but it doesn't seem very good specially when he's a competitor while claiming on his very site he doesn't do anything hosting related. Considering his age I would expect better.

An associate did find this: http://www.diabetes-support.org.uk/f...?m-1216500556/

It seems to me that hosting companies launch these sites as part of their marketing toolbox.

Which hosting "companies" (amateur operations) is this person tied to?
    That needs to be left here as well.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

If I understand what you mean by "which hosting companies" mate, so far it's LeapHost and GreenValueHosting, unless he dislikes other providers, I'm sure he'll find a way to slate us off too.

If I understand what you mean by "which hosting companies" mate, so far it's LeapHost and GreenValueHosting, unless he dislikes other providers, I'm sure he'll find a way to slate us off too.
    It would appear that he’s tied to around 10 different hosting operations all kind of providing the same service just a mixture of shared/reseller hosting. The IP’s these sites are running from seem to just be simple reseller hosting accounts just with different dedicated IP addresses attached to them meaning there’s no real infrastructure or degree of separation behind it well at least from the IP’s point of view there isn’t anyway. It would seem he went to reasonable lengths to try stopping us tracing it back to him such as using private domain, Cloudflare name servers, using a Gmail address although for him the email headers he sent went straight back to one of his hosting sites. It would seem the review site is hosted on the same IP he’s using for one of his hosting provider sites at least that is displayed from the email headers we received.

Maybe it was his intention to show us he was behind the “review site” or simply didn’t have the required knowledge to make the email headers harder to trace but to add strength to our claim he is trying to cause harm in such an unhealthy way like claiming he has “loads of information” that would suggest he has spent a considerable amount of time to compile this information and come to his own stewed conclusions like the cost of the site which is far from accurate. It’s rumoured we need to provide evidence for him so he can amend his claims which only shows he seriously doubts the information published.

We have no intention to provide “evidence” to such an individual who only wants to know more about our internal structure. I guess if people want to disbelieve everything you say there welcome but it only makes them look stupid in the long term such as when he doubted we had gotten a design from Harzem he required “proof” of this design which of course we didn’t need to provide “proof” because we felt our claims was factually correct with no reason to lie. Maybe such individuals seem to lie so being doubtful of other people is only a natural occurrence to them.

We have no pleasure to drag him through the mud and it’s unprofessional to say the least. For someone who preaches the rights and wrongs he certainly makes the perfect example of someone not to do business with.
    Last edited by Server Management; 12-08-2013 at 03:56 PM.

You've got it backwards.
    What "companies" does this person have? The one with the fake "review" site.
    || Need a good host?
    ||

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast