Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Questionable Review Sites?

Over the last couple of weeks I notice that a number of more questionable so called "review" sites keep appearing more so attempting to drag certain fellows into the dirt and create lowendtalk style drama since they cannot create such drama on here without getting banned there springing up review sites using domains with whois protection and hiding behind CloudFlare. Are such sites worth to be trusted?

From your description I'd say no to trustworthy

Can you post an example url?
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    From your description I'd say no to trustworthy

There's several which have appeared on the radar although I won't post links to them yet am just wanting to see what others think of there shady practices of trying to pull people through the mud and create unneeded drama. Does CloudFlare actively allow such abusive sites to honor there protection?

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    That would be good...
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

You'll get more reasoned opinion if you don't leave people in the dark about what you exactly mean.

Quote Originally Posted by httpEasy View Post
    You'll get more reasoned opinion if you don't leave people in the dark about what you exactly mean.
    Sure, Am referring to sites like this: hostingtoday.net

Claiming to be industry investigators and spreading such FUD.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 12-14-2013 at 03:47 AM. Reason: removed hyperlink

They really have the guts to post false information on a **** blog? And aimed at two respectable companies on WHT.. And PMSL using Archive as a way to see if you did open in 2009. God sounds like a bunch of kids. The archive doesn't prove anything except in 2011, the archive bot was took a visit to your site.

They seem to be targeting you and Jonathan, and about the LOGO, god sake that seems like ages ago and what does that have to do with a review? Stupid kids need to grow up and get a life targeting bad companies and not the good ones.

PS: Wonder who else will be added to that site.

According to the cloudflare resolver they are hosted on: 82.145.48.25..

IP Whois:
    person: Steven Mizrahie
    address: IHNetworks LLC
    address: 530 West 6th Street
    address: Suite 504
    address: Los Angeles
    address: 90014
    address: CA
    address: US
    phone: +12136341497
    abuse-mailbox: abuse.eleven2@ihnetworks.com
    abuse-mailbox: abuse@eleven2.com
    Last edited by Atlanical-Mike; 11-19-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    They really have the guts to post false information on a **** blog? And aimed at two respectable companies on WHT.. And PMSL using Archive as a way to see if you did open in 2009. God sounds like a bunch of kids. The archive doesn't prove anything except in 2011, the archive bot was took a visit to your site.

They seem to be targeting you and Jonathan, and about the LOGO, god sake that seems like ages ago and what does that have to do with a review? Stupid kids need to grow up and get a life targeting bad companies and not the good ones.

It's not actually a kid behind it I think he's actually in his 40's.
    He knows who is he and he's a member of this forum so please come forward we would like to use his consulting services to help us become VAT registered.

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    It's not actually a kid behind it I think he's actually in his 40's.
    He knows who is he and he's a member of this forum so please come forward we would like to use his consulting services to help us become VAT registered.
    We've located their host anyway. So much for cloudflare'ing haha. If he's a member of the forum, god help him when people find out.
    @Eleven2 Hosting

If he's a member of the forum, god help him when people find out.
    @Eleven2 Hosting
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=304924
    Last edited by Server Management; 11-19-2013 at 09:32 AM.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=304924 Do we need to get the popcorn out or has someone registered a domain in his name?
    I think I'll have some popcorn too, still don't know who is it. I don't want to accuse the wrong person but maybe Eleven2 will help us

I think I'll have some popcorn too, still don't know who is it. I don't want to accuse the wrong person but maybe Eleven2 will help us
    The IP appears to be one of IO-Mart's down in London.

According to the cloudflare resolver they are hosted on: 82.145.48.25..

IP Whois:
    address: IHNetworks LLC
    address: 530 West 6th Street
    address: Suite 504
    address: Los Angeles
    address: 90014
    address: CA
    address: US
    phone: +12136341497
    abuse-mailbox: abuse.eleven2@ihnetworks.com
    abuse-mailbox: abuse@eleven2.com
    The Whois information published here is that of our IP address, not the domain name. If you were to inquire about any domain that is hosted within our network, those would be the results that are returned.

Also, just a note, we can't release any information on our customers. They have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Eleven2.com does not own or operate any hosting review sites. It is very possible we do host the one in question here, but it doesn't appear any laws or terms of ours are being broken there.
    Big things coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    but it doesn't appear any laws or terms of ours are being broken there.
    Which law you referring to UK law or US law. The IP appears to be UK based?

Which law you referring to UK law or US law. The IP appears to be UK based?
    I am not very familiar with UK law, but looking at the site, it appears they're reviewing services they've used or reporting information that is otherwise publicly available. If anything on that site were to be untrue, it would be a civil matter between the owner of that website and the person it was posted about - hosts are not responsible for policing such content.
    Big things coming soon

I am not very familiar with UK law, but looking at the site, it appears they're reviewing services they've used or reporting information that is otherwise publicly available. If anything on that site were to be untrue, it would be a civil matter between the owner of that website and the person it was posted about - hosts are not responsible for policing such content.
    What use do such sites create other than try to cause distress. Don't people have anything better to do with there life or are they simply jealous?

What use do such sites create other than try to cause distress.
    The same could be easily applied to any hosting review site - WHT included
    Big things coming soon

The same could be easily applied to any hosting review site - WHT included
    It's quite amusing they claim to have all this information but they hide all there own information.

So I guess this is a public speak out for the administrator of the said site and any other site to come forward and voice his concerns directly with us. Actually I will arrange a meeting at a heated office so we can go through everything they should have concerns about in person. If said person doesn't wish to take the kind gesture of settling his issue towards us we'll be kind to accept the meeting Via phone conference or even a video chat on Skype. The possibilities to chat direct with us in the correct manner are virtually unlimited but while you proceed to hide behind WhoIS, CloudFlare which provide such anonymity your simply a coward with your testicles between your legs.

So kindly step forward and we'll be sure to answer everything you need to know.

-snip- already posted on first page

It's quite amusing they claim to have all this information but they hide all there own information.

So I guess this is a public speak out for the administrator of the said site and any other site to come forward and voice his concerns directly with us. Actually I will arrange a meeting at a heated office so we can go through everything they should have concerns about in person. If said person doesn't wish to take the kind gesture of settling his issue towards us we'll be kind to accept the meeting Via phone conference or even a video chat on Skype. The possibilities to chat direct with us in the correct manner are virtually unlimited but while you proceed to hide behind WhoIS, CloudFlare which provide such anonymity your simply a coward with your testicles between your legs.

So kindly step forward and we'll be sure to answer everything you need to know.
    They just wasn't hiding good enough since we found out they are hosting with Eleven2 lol.

Sure, Am referring to sites like this: hostingtoday.net

Claiming to be industry investigators and spreading such FUD.
    It's clear the intent of the "investigations" is to smear the target. Honestly, if you look hard enough, even the biggest hosts on WHT have made a fool of themselves at some point. Cherry picking WHT posts is hardly a credible investigation. It's just something to be ignored, hopefully most readers can read between the lines of these "investigations".
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 12-14-2013 at 03:48 AM. Reason: removed hyperlink

Website seems to be offline anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by gingir View Post
    Website seems to be offline anyway...
    I guess jerks will be jerks. But I do know they have looked at this thead so I give them 48 hour before I release the names of the people behind this then we'll let the community decide on there investigation worthiness considering one of them is a company director.

I was skimming, and when it started to "review" the logo of GVH, I just stopped.

I think intelligent people will see this as the BS it is.

The owner of "hosting-reviews-exposed" tried to pick a fight with us earlier in the year, and he was handed his @ss on plate in public responses. (As per WHT rules, I can't link to it, so you'll just have to Google for it yourself.) That's another guy that rambles on about weird crap, attacking a number of good hosts (and other sites, products, and services) in the process. The funny part is his site loads so slow. Like worse than Hostgator and Godaddy combined slow!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same crank.

There's plenty of crappy hosts to pick on out there. Not sure why they choose to do this instead.

People are weird.
    Last edited by kpmedia; 11-20-2013 at 04:05 AM.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    I was skimming, and when it started to "review" the logo of GVH, I just stopped.

I think intelligent people will see this as the BS it is.

The owner of "hosting-reviews-exposed" tried to pick a fight with us earlier in the year, and he was handed his @ss on plate in public responses. (As per WHT rules, I can't link to it, so you'll just have to Google for it yourself.) That's another guy that rambles on about weird crap, attacking a number of good hosts (and other sites, products, and services) in the process. The funny part is his site loads so slow. Like worse than Hostgator and Godaddy combined slow!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same crank.

There's plenty of crappy hosts to pick on out there. Not sure why they choose to do this instead.

People are weird.
    It's just a couple of butt hurt providers who clearly love to pull people down to there level I assume there own businesses are in tatters this is why they take so much interest in others. It becomes a laughing stock when they question the ability of said providers when they hide there own details because they know it'd back fire on them being providers them self's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast