Cabinet colocation in Austin/Dallas/Houston

Hello,

I'm looking for a colocation solution in the Dallas/Austin/Houston, TX corridor. Austin would be the preferred location.

What I need:
    Full cabinet (42u min), with scaling abilities (more cabinets/private suite later)
    100 mbps to start, 2-5 gbps within six months
    IP availability
    Remote hands support
    Physical access
    1 20 amp circuit to start, with option to add more

Any recommendations? Companies to stay away from?

Thanks in advance!

I highly recommend GIPNetworks in Plano, just outside of Dallas!

An alternative would be ColoUnlimited, which is located in Dallas itself.

For Houston, you may want to check out Oplink.net. I don't know of any solutions in Austin, sorry.
    Jason Canady
    Unlimited Net, LLC AS11990
    Responsive, Reliable, Secure
    Dedicated Server Hosting

Another vote for GIPNetworks! Outstanding service.
    Joman Sierra
    http://www.dominet.net

try CyrusOne in Austin, they are top notch
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - colocation, dedicated and cloud quotes

Check out ColoUnlimited they do a great job and we've been rather happy with everything so far.
    Sales/Support - sales @ purevoltage.com / 1-855-787-8658
    PureVoltage.com Premium Colocation, Dedicated & VPS Hosting, along with Remote Hands NY
    Enterprise Hardware with 6 Global Locations - Seattle | Dallas | Chicago | Los Angeles | New York | Amsterdam

There is Incero

Gordon runs some incredibly aggressive pricing, especially on bandwidth.

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    There is Incero

Francisco
    It looks like their office is in Austin, but data center is in Dallas. Can you confirm?

I've checked in with a few of the data centers in Austin and their bandwidth prices seemed much higher than Dallas, Houston, even the Northeast. It's possible I'm just having bad luck in my search, but I found that strange.

You are right though, great prices, as a Dallas option.
    Last edited by ATX2011; 11-18-2013 at 11:05 PM.

There's not much in Austin unfortunately (we're headquartered in Houston/Austin).

There's CyrusOne, Zayo, etc, but prices will be higher than what you may be looking at.
    Charles W. @ Nexeon Technologies, Inc. - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    Dedicated servers, colocation, cloud, game servers, on-site & remote DDoS protection, and more! Managed options available.
    Data Centers in Chicago, New York, & more! IPv4 and IPv6 available! Contact us for data center buildout & network consultation.
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and Dallas.

I believe that Gordon lives in Austin, when I was at ColoUnlimited last time I asked a question about it and I'm pretty sure they have office space there with staff on site.
    Sales/Support - sales @ purevoltage.com / 1-855-787-8658
    PureVoltage.com Premium Colocation, Dedicated & VPS Hosting, along with Remote Hands NY
    Enterprise Hardware with 6 Global Locations - Seattle | Dallas | Chicago | Los Angeles | New York | Amsterdam

Right now, bandwidth is just too expensive in Austin to be competitive. Houston has a few options but still could do with more providers with a focus on the general colo market.
    Charles W. @ Nexeon Technologies, Inc. - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    Dedicated servers, colocation, cloud, game servers, on-site & remote DDoS protection, and more! Managed options available.
    Data Centers in Chicago, New York, & more! IPv4 and IPv6 available! Contact us for data center buildout & network consultation.
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    There is Incero

Francisco
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ATX2011 View Post
    It looks like their office is in Austin, but data center is in Dallas. Can you confirm?
    We operate sales and development out of Austin. We are the only provider at the datacenter in Dallas to have our own on-site office and own staff (they knocked down some of their build area for us and turned it into a nice private suite about a year ago).

Quote Originally Posted by ATX2011 View Post
    I've checked in with a few of the data centers in Austin and their bandwidth prices seemed much higher than Dallas, Houston, even the Northeast. It's possible I'm just having bad luck in my search, but I found that strange.
    Don't waste your time in Austin. I don't know of a SINGLE datacenter in Austin that serves connections directly to Austin based ISPs, that is if you're in Austin and trying to connect to your Austin datacenter you will most likely (i've never seen anything else) connect up to Dallas and then back to Austin. So hosting in Austin if you live in Austin will actually result in about double the latency as if you host in Dallas and live in Austin. There is almost zero competition in the Austin market, so you wont get any good pricing compared to Dallas or Houston (lived in Houston for five years and always wonder why people host in such a hurricane hotspot).

Quote Originally Posted by Purevoltage View Post
    I believe that Gordon lives in Austin, when I was at ColoUnlimited last time I asked a question about it and I'm pretty sure they have office space there with staff on site.
    Yes, that's right.
    Dallas Colocation by Incero, 8 years and counting!
    e: sales(at)incero(dot)com 855.217.COLO (2656)
    Colocation & Enterprise Servers, SATA/SAS/SSD, secure IPMI/KVM remote control, 100% U.S.A. Based Staff
    SSAE 16, SAS70, Redundant Power & Network, Fully Diverse Fiber

Another vote for GIPNetworks - can't go wrong - will save you loads on hands-on tech (they do lots of stuff for free). Facility is top notch
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

Another vote for GIPNetworks! you will have access as well as great hands to help you out with a lot of free stuff. Their network guy is great and knows a ton about networks as well as servers. It is a great place. They offer a 2(N+1) power as well. You can have A and B utility power connection setup with a full cab as well. Just one of the awesome features they offer.

One + for COLOUNLIMITED. If you need much remote hands then they are not the best but god enough.

Their network is the best so far .Price is also the best out there

You might want to check out the deal Digital Realty is offering in Austin - $675/cabinet:

http://demand.digitalrealty.com/mm-b-austin

Thanks for all of the help, guys. I have three or four places from this thread that I will be checking into.

Quote Originally Posted by gordonrp View Post
    lived in Houston for five years and always wonder why people host in such a hurricane hotspot.

That's like saying why people host in Florida, JP, HK, SG? Even though those are hurricane/typhoon and earthquake hot spots.

Solution for that is backups and a quality facility. This is for those who might get a bad impression. Houston is a much better option than those areas mentioned.

I haven't seen any reputable Houston DC's go down here through the past few hurricanes.

By far, Austin will be more expensive than Houston and Dallas. Dallas is the most cost-effective.
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - colocation, dedicated and cloud quotes