Serverloft RootServers. Are they good?

Hi all,

I have saw the serverloft.eu rootservers offer at: http://www.serverloft.eu/rootservers/ and this seems to perfect feet my needs.. but before i buy and because i have never worked with Serverloft before, i wanted to know if there are here on the forum some users who have already experience serverloft root servers?

If yes, can you share your experience? Are they any good in terms of network, reliability, support, etc..?

Thanks

Thumbs down do not go to serverloft

i have a rootserver with them:
    the hardware and resources are ok, but very late replies on support and ussually with no solutions

chat is totally useless and dont give any support too
    +but the worst part is the LIE about upgrade:

you cant upgrade from a server to another, you have to buy a new one then MIGRATE everything, with all related re-setup and downtime

i open a a complaints for this and , after 9 days i received today an email like this from server4you (not serverloft)

at this time we have no eta on when that specific feature will be functional. you would need to order a new vserver and migrate at this time.

i replied them telling this
    1-i dont understand why server4you reply to me when i am customer of another company
    2-i purchase root server at serverloft where is stated:
    http://www.serverloft.com/rootservers/features.php
    Upgrades
    Increased performance with a few clicks of your mouse. Upgrade your RootServer quickly and easily in your customer panel. No cancellation or reorder necessary.

or here www.serverloft.com/rootservers/

Maximum flexibility: Your RootServer is available to you within minutes after your order, and with no setup fee. In addition, with a few clicks in your customer panel, you can upgrade to a different RootServer at any time. Also, thanks to the short minimum contract term of only one month, as well as a traffic flat rate, you are always in control of your costs.

ALL THESE ARE JUST "FALSE WORDS", NO SUPPORT AT ALL IN THIS CASE, NO "IDEA" when AND IF YOU'LL PROVIDE A SERVICE WICH SHOULD BE "INCLUDED" IN MY PAY SERVICE. BIG SHAME AND REALLY VERY DISAPPOINTEDAND SO ON?

so, finally, if you are sue to not have to do any upgrade AND you have your support service (like i have)

do not go to serverloft IF:

-you plain to do an upgrade
    -you dont have a suport team or you're enough skiplled to amnage the server yourself (if full unmanaged and support is not exisstent)

Hi "mfstaff",

Thanks for your feedback. If tru i agree with you regarding the upgrade of a root server should be just like they describe on their website.

I was looking for Serverloft Root Servers because they seem to be in a setup related with cloud hosting, because of the easy of upgrade as they say on their website.

But if what you are telling is true, its just false advertising by their end.

Does anyone else has an opinion about this?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1303887

Unfortunately, I have not seen a ahndful of good reviews about them lately, so I would advise to stay away from them.If you are looking for good cloud services in EU try gandi.net or iwstack.net

Quote Originally Posted by mfstaff View Post
    i have a rootserver with them:
    the hardware and resources are ok, but very late replies on support and ussually with no solutions

chat is totally useless and dont give any support too
    +but the worst part is the LIE about upgrade:

you cant upgrade from a server to another, you have to buy a new one then MIGRATE everything, with all related re-setup and downtime

i open a a complaints for this and , after 9 days i received today an email like this from server4you (not serverloft)

at this time we have no eta on when that specific feature will be functional. you would need to order a new vserver and migrate at this time.

i replied them telling this
    1-i dont understand why server4you reply to me when i am customer of another company
    2-i purchase root server at serverloft where is stated:
    http://www.serverloft.com/rootservers/features.php
    Upgrades
    Increased performance with a few clicks of your mouse. Upgrade your RootServer quickly and easily in your customer panel. No cancellation or reorder necessary.

or here www.serverloft.com/rootservers/

Maximum flexibility: Your RootServer is available to you within minutes after your order, and with no setup fee. In addition, with a few clicks in your customer panel, you can upgrade to a different RootServer at any time. Also, thanks to the short minimum contract term of only one month, as well as a traffic flat rate, you are always in control of your costs.

ALL THESE ARE JUST "FALSE WORDS", NO SUPPORT AT ALL IN THIS CASE, NO "IDEA" when AND IF YOU'LL PROVIDE A SERVICE WICH SHOULD BE "INCLUDED" IN MY PAY SERVICE. BIG SHAME AND REALLY VERY DISAPPOINTEDAND SO ON?

so, finally, if you are sue to not have to do any upgrade AND you have your support service (like i have)

do not go to serverloft IF:

-you plain to do an upgrade
    -you dont have a suport team or you're enough skiplled to amnage the server yourself (if full unmanaged and support is not exisstent)
    1.I am sorry to hear about your experience but its all your fault as they provide unmanaged services at budget prices.Their responsibility is to provide hardware/network support only.If you dont know how to manage your server, get a server from a managed provider

2.server4you & serverloft both are sister companies owned by Intergenia AG and same employees work for both so I dont think there is anything wrong if someone from server4you responded to your ticket.And both of these companies have been accused many teams of false advertising beyond limits

to Sledger: sorry for you, but it's not my fault and you're wrong.
    (re-READ carefully my post..)

i'm not a newsbie or a private customer, we are a web agency in business since 1999.

i have my own skilled staff that support all our servers (5 ded - 4 vps):
    this is NOT a technical problem, but a Marketing Lie and Contract problem.

i subscribed a service that must permit to upgrade with 1 click from Control panel, (like we do at liquidweb server's...just to be more clear)
    this option IT IS NOT AVAILABLE AT ALL.

for these reasons your reply(1) is totally off topic

Very bad experience with serverloft
    The server and the network aren't so bad but the support is very terrible.
    No answer from more than two days, and the request was very simple: how to trasfer one domain from an internal account to another account.
    Called it by phone, the answer was: "we will take care of your request soon"
    In fact, a coulpe of hours after I get an answer to my ticket.
    They illustrated me how to to the transfer.
    Unfortunately the procedure that they showed me doesn't work due to technical issue.
    Another ticket for that issue, still not solved.
    To be short: more than one week for starting transferring a domain. This time isn't acceptable by anyone.
    Other than that, the web interface used by managed the server goes in error lot of time during the login phase, with the message "An error has occurred. Please try again later or contact our technical support team."

In my opinion this company is totally unreliable.