Hybrid View

Review of Green Value Host Reseller Hosting

I have been with GVH for about 6 months now. I was extremely lucky to catch a large recurring discount on their service so I could start offering a few clients light hosting.

I am on a shared reseller hosting plan - at the time of signing up, their most valuable reseller offering.

I will look at a few aspects of my experience:
    1. Reliability
    2. Support
    3. Overall Value

1. Reliability

GVH is new - they opened in October 2012. I was concerned they would up and vanish on me - I gambled on a great deal and friendly staff here on WHT. I am glad I did.

Uptime
    So far, my uptime has been nearly spotless. There was on one occasion I remember a DDoS attack on the shared server, which was a bit scary - however, I was informed regularly throughout the event, and I never felt once like GVH wasn't doing everything they could until it was over. The sites were back up before any of my clients even knew there was a problem.

Speed
    At the time, mine was the most expensive/best shared reseller hosting available at GVH. Since then, my plan had been replaced with different ones, on average a bit pricier but including some really nice licenses that thankfully I don't really need (All those plans are now gone, replaced with Cloud Reseller plans that are quite different, and much cheaper). Even so, clients do complain about speed consistently, and I've taken the position that my little hosting company is for low cost, low speed sites - suitable for blogs, brochures, and CV sites, but not great for ecommerce or anything else that needs more heavy lifting.

I fairly exclusively use WordPress with Headway theme, which I'll be the first to admit is not the most optimized software on the internet. However, I run the same stack on client sites on hosting such as hostmonster, and there the sites - with many more plugins - run much faster. The speed has been bad enough at times that the WHM back-end just times out, forcing me to log in over and over. For the vast majority of the time it works well, if a bit sluggishly.

Right now, GVH is shifting away from all shared hosting to cloud based hosting, and I am being moved to different servers that (I believe - perhaps GVH can clarify) are run by a different hosting company. I can only hope that the service will be no slower. Either way, my discount is generous, and I feel like I'm very lucky with what I have.

2. Support

The team at GVH has never treated me differently for being on a discounted (and now discontinued) plan. Both phone and help desk support has been superb, and especially in the beginning when I was muddling through what I wanted and how I wanted it set up Jon and the team was immensely helpful and supportive. Kudos.

The client area is clear and easy to use. Billing has always gone smoothly. With the upcoming transfer away from shared hosting GVH has stated that though I will be on a different company's servers, they will continue to support me, which I am grateful for. I did ask about moving my plan to their cloud, and they said I would need to take out a new plan with them to do that. I can't afford to give up my discounted plan or I would, but they were clear and fair - even if I am a little disappointed

3. Overall Value

As I mentioned, I gambled on GVH because of an excellent recurring discount that was up right when I was searching for a host. I am pleased with my choice. Their support and service has been reliable, and administration such as billing has been a breeze. Being able to get domain names through them has been convenient on occasion, and for me the price was absolutely right.

Speed is a bit of an issue, but to be fair I use a fairly sluggish stack (WP/Headway theme), and I am sure their cloud offerings are vastly superior to the speed of my shared reseller hosting plan. Based on the speed I can see why they are transitioning away from plans like mine to cloud hosting, and wish I could afford to participate. I almost exclusively serve artists and non-profit entrepreneurs, but if I ever make an actually profitable web business I might try it out.

As for the move, I was at first terrified that I would have to move all my clients to some new hosting because GVH announced they were no longer offering shared hosting. But in the next sentence of their email they announced they'd continue to support us and place our data with another hosting company. I've felt very taken care of and communicated with throughout this process, and I have seen no breaks in service. The help desk has been right there for me to reassure me that my clients won't feel a thing. I'm a little confused on whether I have to do anything at all, since so far it seems to be all totally automatic - it's almost too simple, if that's possible.

Overall I am extremely pleased and feel that everything has been a good value.. Even if I was paying full price I think I'd be satisfied, though I might complain more then about the speed - but the reliability, professionalism, and personal and timely support is top notch.

The new cloud reseller options are extremely affordable (Actually much less expensive then the old shared accounts), and look great - if I wasn't attached to my low price tag for high storage capacity, I would surely move over, and I still may see if I can talk with them about moving since I'd rather not be on someone else's servers. I feel like the company has been consistently maturing and will be around for a good long while. If anyone here has tried their cloud offerings and can comment on the speed, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Thanks to GVH for all the great support and reliable service, kudos on a great new hosting company! And of course, I can answer other questions if my review has left anything important out.

digiacom,

Thank You very much for sharing your experiences with us, and for the very kind words; we highly appreciate it!

It was definitely a pleasure working with you and I do wish you all the best with HVH, we're very close in terms of relationship with them and I'm more than certain that you'll have a great experience there.

Should you be interested in taking up any of our cloud shared or reseller offers in the future as you stated in your post or if you need anything, just give us a shout

Great to hear a thorough review.

Please make sure to report your domain to the WHT moderators
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

I'm also sailing in the same boat and feeling happy with GVH.

I have been with them over 9 months. Their support and care is extremely super.

I learnt meaning for "Affordable and Quality" @ GVH.

Their slogan is 100% true ("True Web Hosting at Great Value")

Especially Jon is great person and i like his way of response.

Thank you for caring us like your child. As i stated in previous tickets,Always i'm with you.

GVH is highly recommended to all my friends.

Gosh.. *** (bit too sharp)..
    I am sorry , but I am still affected from my horrible experience with Green Value Host..
    Still waiting GVH to answer some of the questions I have asked here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...9&postcount=24
    I know it just a mere dream that I will get answers.. but still..
    Dont really care anymore since we moved away.. but people , stay away from them !!!
    Last edited by vladinc; 11-19-2013 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vladinc View Post
    Gosh.. *** (bit too sharp)..
    I am sorry , but I am still affected from my horrible experience with Green Value Host..
    Still waiting GVH to answer some of the questions I have asked here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...9&postcount=24
    I know it just a mere dream that I will get answers.. but still..
    Dont really care anymore since we moved away.. but people , stay away from them !!!
    I apologize for the inconveniences that you've experienced on srv1 and srv2, however WHT is not our helpdesk. If you'd like you're more than welcome to a ticket to our management department to request compensation for the srv1 and srv2 downtime. The issues that you've raised in your post have already been addressed multiple times in my previous posts in the thread.

@vladinc - Don't speak rubbish word like this.Without any proof, you can't open your mouth and blaming others(this is against WHT rules).

Who ever helped me at my bad time, i will do the same. they accepted and they provided solution.

Yea.. Sorry , it was bit too sharp .. I have edited my post..
    But as I said , still quite affected with the horrible experience I had with them from the past 5+ months..
    Find it hard to believe that someone had positive experience with them ..

An update as to the move: Hudson Valley Host has been very helpful in the move. A few hours of downtime during the transition, and all my client's sites are back up - and the servers do seem fast. Thanks to GVH and HVH for making the transition work as painlessly as possible!

digiacom keep us updated with your experience with them.After migration to HVH is everything is working well?
    Failure is success if we learn from it.

So far so good, like I said it feels faster, but it hasn't been long enough to really judge. Maybe in a few weeks/a couple months I'll post a little review of the HVH service.

Just ordered a reseller hosting account and got refunded.
    This was the asnwer from the president of operations:

I absolutely do not mean any offense to you with this statement, however we do wish for our clients to have a basic understanding of web hosting and the English language. At this time we feel that the communication barrier between us would not be suitable and thus cannot serve you at this time.

Apologies for the inconvenience

Kind Regards,

Jonathan Nguyen
    President of Operations
    GreenValueHost Management
    What the hell you are Jonathan? Do you belong to any Nazi organisation? I have lost my time uploading, changing nameservers etc.. and in the end you close my account?

I don't recommand Greenvaluehosting to noone.
    And what will happend to someone that is 6 months with you and he create a ticket after 6 months and he don't speak "basic english"?

Kids.

Quote Originally Posted by WH-M View Post
    Just ordered a reseller hosting account and got refunded.
    This was the asnwer from the president of operations:

What the hell you are Jonathan? Do you belong to any Nazi organisation? I have lost my time uploading, changing nameservers etc.. and in the end you close my account?

I don't recommand Greenvaluehosting to noone.
    And what will happend to someone that is 6 months with you and he create a ticket after 6 months and he don't speak "basic english"?

Kids.
    I cancelled and refunded your account less than one hour from when your order was accepted. You opened a ticket requesting support for your reseller plan and I found that it was very hard to understand what you were trying to request really, as you titled your ticket "wget enable".

We reserve the right as per our Terms of Service to deny ANY individuals or person(s) of service and unfortunately as I did not believe that we were the suitable hosting provider for you, I had to cancel and refund your order. You requested for the reason for why I did this, and gave you a response as politely, honestly, and bluntly as possible and in turn, you called us Nazi's and basically told us that you were going to trash us all over the internet.

I truly and honestly did not mean any offense to you at all, I swear it. It's just that I do not believe that we're the right hosting provider for you at this time.

Am sorry for the title of the ticket lol
    Did you read the ticket iniside?
    If you don't want to have customers from the other coutries that don't speak english why you dont write it in the hosting or reseller plan's?
    Over 10 years I was with more then 30 hosting providers and my english was the same. This is my first time that someone cacel my account becouse of my hosting knowlage and my english language.
    Am sorry that i called you a Nazi! You are just a Fundamentalist!

You should shut down this company. I will report your act everywhere to warn the ppl from your fundamentalism.

Am sorry for the title of the ticket lol
    Did you read the ticket iniside?
    If you don't want to have customers from the other coutries that don't speak english why you dont write it in the hosting or reseller plan's?
    Over 10 years I was with more then 30 hosting providers and my english was the same. This is my first time that someone cacel my account becouse of my hosting knowlage and my english language.
    Am sorry that i called you a Nazi! You are just a Fundamentalist!

You should shut down this company. I will report your act everywhere to warn the ppl from your fundamentalism.
    We have nothing against people from other countries. In fact, I'm a 1st generation American in my family and my parents/grandparents/aunts/uncles aren't native in speaking English.

I found it difficult to understand what you were trying to say and there were communication issues as well, and unfortunately that led to me concluding that we were not the right host for you. I meant absolutely no offense to you and I deeply apologize if you were offended, however I was trying to do what was best for both parties in this matter.

greenvaluehost is very bad, they offer 100% uptime guarantee but they server is down everyday,
    the uptime only 90%

Quote Originally Posted by mendya View Post
    greenvaluehost is very bad, they offer 100% uptime guarantee but they server is down everyday,
    the uptime only 90%
    When? What server? Do you have a ticket ID # I can take a look at? I am not currently aware of any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenValueHost View Post
    When? What server? Do you have a ticket ID # I can take a look at? I am not currently aware of any issues.
    last 2 weeks, in server srv4
    this is my ticket ID #775017

greenvaluehost.com - Review - Not recommanded - Fundamenalist Staff

Still diden't answer my question.
    What will be if someone after 6 months open a support ticket and his english is worst then mine? You will provide backup or you will delete the files as you did with my files?

Still diden't answer my question.
    What will be if someone after 6 months open a support ticket and his english is worst than mine? You will provide backup or you will delete the files as you did with my files?
    6 months is a lot different than 1 hour. I wouldn't force the client to move if they've been with us for a fair amount of time, however I would request for him to make useful of the tools that are available to him to better communicate with us, otherwise our techs wouldn't be able to assist to their potential.

Green Value Host - Review - Not recommanded - Fundamenalist Staff

What about to add in your hosting and reseller hosting plans "Only for native english speakers".

Am very sure that you don't know how to enable wget and that's why you deleted my account.

What about to add in your hosting and reseller hosting plans "Only for native english speakers".

Am very sure that you don't know how to enable wget and that's why you deleted my account.
    No.

You purchased a reseller account not a server.

You opened a ticket telling us
    Hello.
    Just purchased a promotion master reseller hosting and trying to install my script but there must be enabled wget.
    and then you gave us a link to something that didn't work.

In turn I responded to you asking if you wanted Jailed SSH access (You can use wget in the command line for your account), and in response you said that you didn't know what Jailed SSH was.

You can't type in the wget command without SSH.

Overall I was very confused with what you were trying to request and I just don't believe that we're the right hosting provider for you. Sorry.

We welcome anyone to purchase our services as long as when they request support, they are able to effectively communicate with us. This does not mean that they have to have native english speaking abilities.
    Last edited by GreenValueHostGM; 11-23-2013 at 02:04 PM.

I can understand your fellings, but you should not feel bad. The GVH was just trying to be honest with you. They found that they won't be able to understand your requirements and so won't be able to provide you good service and support. So, instead of ignoring your support request and keep you in trouble they refunded your payment.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

GreenValueHosting Review - Removed files - Terminated my account - Not recommanded.

Who said that i have ordered a server?
    wget should be enabled thru php like the other hosting providers did it and not to use wget thru ssh. I dont want to download from link but the script need it to download openx.
    You are just a newbie with a hosting comapany and maybe not registered.

We welcome anyone to purchase our services as long as when they request support, they are able to effectively communicate with us
    You need to be a pro in hosting and to speak perfect english - If not take care lol.

GREEN VALUE HOSTING - NOT RECOMMANDED!!!

Who said that i have ordered a server?
    wget should be enabled thru php like the other hosting providers did it and not to use wget thru ssh. I dont want to download from link but the script need it to download openx.
    You are just a newbie with a hosting comapany and maybe not registered.

You need to be a pro in hosting and to speak perfect english - If not take care lol.

GREEN VALUE HOSTING - NOT RECOMMANDED!!!
    You were not clear at all in your ticket and gave us a broken link to what you said was supposed to be your script. In all respects, you did not specify what you exactly needed, but gave us what seemed to be gibberish. Even now in your post unfortunately, I still am having trouble understanding what you're trying to say.

I had a very hard time trying to communicate and understand you, and so as I've said previously, I cancelled your hosting plan and gave you a full refund because I don't think that we are the right host for you.