Thread: Facebook newbie

Facebook newbie

Hi,

I would like to better understand the facebook concepts , so I've started checking and here are my first questions if you could help me out.

If I understand correctly you can have a business page and then a personal page.

Let's assume that you are running a site that does reviews, let's call it www.bestreviews.com (fictive name).

Then you can have a business page for this website such as facebook.com/bestreviews

However for an article on this website, e.g. bestreviews.com/bestphone.html you can have the facebook like button.

1) When other facebook users are clicking on the like button on this article(bestreviews.com/bestphone.html), these likes are they linked to the business page of the company facebook.com/bestreviews

2) If you do not have a business page such as facebook.com/bestreviews can you still have a like button on your website for your particular articles (e.g. bestreviews.com/bestphone.html)?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by learnro View Post

2) If you do not have a business page such as facebook.com/bestreviews can you still have a like button on your website for your particular articles (e.g. bestreviews.com/bestphone.html)?
    Do you mean without any FB acc?
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Openvz SolusVm VPS DDOS Protected Canada & Romania
    Dedicated Servers And Satellite Dish Colocation with 1Gbps For IPTV
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

Quote Originally Posted by LankapartnerHost View Post
    Do you mean without any FB acc?
    Yes I mean without a FB account for the website (e.g. bestreviews.com), but of course with a FB account for the person that clicks on the Like button.

Yes still it can do with any acc, but dont know how much effective it..
    https://developers.facebook.com/docs...box-for-pages/
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Openvz SolusVm VPS DDOS Protected Canada & Romania
    Dedicated Servers And Satellite Dish Colocation with 1Gbps For IPTV
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

Yes I mean without a FB account for the website (e.g. bestreviews.com), but of course with a FB account for the person that clicks on the Like button.
    yes it is simple, following is the code:

Code:
    <iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http://www.mywebsite.com"
            scrolling="no" frameborder="0"
            style="border:none; width:450px; height:80px"></iframe>
    replace (mywebsite.com) with your site.

Quote Originally Posted by vtechpk View Post
    yes it is simple, following is the code:

Code:
    <iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http://www.mywebsite.com"
            scrolling="no" frameborder="0"
            style="border:none; width:450px; height:80px"></iframe>
    replace (mywebsite.com) with your site.
    Hi vtechpk,

This is what I was searching for, in this case, what happens? when a user clicks on the Like button, since there is no dedicated facebook page of the "mywebsite.com" then I guess that these likes do not bring you that much benefit isn't it?

I tried such a like, with a test facebook account, but then I couldn't even find it on my wall, I had to search in the history of my likes. If the only effect is to increase that counter next to the Like button, then that's not that much, knowing that the real added value of using facebook, is that people can share the information very easily.

I do not really understand the added value of this way of implementing it. (I'm now on the learning curve, and I'm happy that my initial assertion was correct, this is why I'm taking it a step forward, to understand the added value of one implementation over another).

Many thanks for your contributions

Hi vtechpk,

This is what I was searching for, in this case, what happens? when a user clicks on the Like button, since there is no dedicated facebook page of the "mywebsite.com" then I guess that these likes do not bring you that much benefit isn't it?

I tried such a like, with a test facebook account, but then I couldn't even find it on my wall, I had to search in the history of my likes. If the only effect is to increase that counter next to the Like button, then that's not that much, knowing that the real added value of using facebook, is that people can share the information very easily.

I do not really understand the added value of this way of implementing it. (I'm now on the learning curve, and I'm happy that my initial assertion was correct, this is why I'm taking it a step forward, to understand the added value of one implementation over another).

Many thanks for your contributions
    Anybody, somebody, please!

I've done my research and found that you can have the like button with a pop-up dialog to add a comment and (I assume) tht you will also share the link on your timeline.

the other option is the very bare simple like button, that just adds one to the counter.

I guess that the version of the like button that also allows you to add a comment is better.

What do you think?
    I'll try to post both HTML versions of the like button.

I think it would be beneficial to simply create the Facebook page for the site. It's an easy process that makes no sense to avoid in this situation. Your missing out on a lot if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrollDog View Post
    I think it would be beneficial to simply create the Facebook page for the site. It's an easy process that makes no sense to avoid in this situation. Your missing out on a lot if you don't.
    +1 that!

Why even bother considering it, when it is so easy to get your FB page up and going. And the likes is the least thing you'll find it helpful for - sharing your content, engaging with your followers, offering different activities and discounts, basically building your company image in the social media. And this goes for all the socials you can get into - Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest - its so wonderful that they are VERY different and yet they can help you with the same cause in diverse ways.
    www.WebHostFace.com where Service always comes with a smiling face!
    Contact us for Shared, VPS, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions.