Looking for unmanaged dedicated servers in the UK

Hi everyone.

We're looking to diversify our network and we want to have several unmanaged dedicated servers in a range of datacenters, rather than putting all our eggs in just a few baskets.

There are a lot of providers out there, but we're rather picky when it comes to requirements, so was hoping to perhaps get some feedback about providers you may have used << snipped >>.

I'm aware that some of these often normally come at an additional cost, and that's no problem, provided we know what those costs are we can budget for them.

Here's my must-haves list:
    • Must be located in the UK
    • Must have KVMoIP/DRAC/iLO/IPMI/similar remote console and reboot controls
    • Must have at least 8 cores
    • Must have at least 16GB RAM
    • Must have at least 2x500GB storage w/hardware RAID 1
    • Must have at least 100mbps port
    • Must have at least 5TB/month transfer allowance
    • Must not have any silly traffic restrictions (eg Redstation's port 25 block)
    • Must be able to provide multiple IPv4 addresses to each server (some existing hosts in our network have 16-32 IPs each)
    • Must provide IPv6 connectivity (and sensible IPv6 range, not just 1 address) in addition to IPv4 connectivity
    • Must respond to support tickets within a reasonable amount of time (ie hours -- not days, weeks, months)
    Last edited by net; 11-16-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Check out ukservers.com I find there service excellent and their network is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofiber View Post
    Check out ukservers.com I find there service excellent and their network is very good.
    I assume you have an account with them?

What is your domain hosted in the server you have with them?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Did you check the offers section here?
    HostClearly.com
    HostClearly Web Hosting
    #WeAreYourBussinessPartner
    Shared, Reseller, and VPS Hosting since 2010!

fasthosts
    Heart internet
    uk2
    1&1
    Go and check their plans.

UKServers.com seems like it may be a good match.

Had problems with UK2 in the past so going to give them a miss, and almost every other result Google returns on Fasthosts says it's best to avoid them (including many posts here on WHT).

Will spend some time checking out Heart, 1&1, and the offers forums.

You can take a look at this http://www.redstation.com/ i did not test it but it sounds to be good for some reviews with my friends

Hello,

What is the reason of that amount of IPs?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason-Sm View Post
    You can take a look at this (Redstation link was here -- removed from this quote by arussell as I don't have a high enough post count to post URLs yet) i did not test it but it sounds to be good for some reviews with my friends
    Thanks for the suggestion Jason! Unfortunately as I mentioned in the original post, Redstation's port 25 blockade means they're a no-go for me. Our servers need unfettered access to all ports.

Quote Originally Posted by M247-Paul View Post
    Hello,

What is the reason of that amount of IPs?
    Hi Paul, we need lots of IPs because these servers are going to be virtualisation hosts so we need to give each VM at least one unique IP. Some of the VMs we host run multiple SSL websites, complicating things further as they'll need one IP for each SSL website.

Looking forward to the day that IPv4 goes away and no-one has to worry about address space shortages anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by arussell View Post
    Hi Paul, we need lots of IPs because these servers are going to be virtualisation hosts so we need to give each VM at least one unique IP. Some of the VMs we host run multiple SSL websites, complicating things further as they'll need one IP for each SSL website.

Looking forward to the day that IPv4 goes away and no-one has to worry about address space shortages anymore!
    Should be a fair justification, prepare to pay around 1-1.5£ per IP in UK

Re: Looking for unmanaged dedicated servers in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by M247-Paul View Post
    Should be a fair justification, prepare to pay around 1-1.5£ per IP in UK

I agree that seems to be the going rate fir ipv4
    Black Fox Limited
    Dedicated, VPS and Colocation services.

Best way forward would be to contact a number of potential providers and outline your expected specifications and IP requirements. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to get everything you asked for and also prices for the extras going forward, such as extra IPs. That way you won't get bitten in the long run and probably a better than advertised deal!
    GURU Cloud Hosting providing UK Based True Cloud Hosting.
    SimplyHosting Dedicated Servers Based at RG1, Reading. UK. All supported by our own 24/7 onsite team.

Ended up giving UKServers a try, they seemed to be the best fit for this box and had a pretty good offer in the offers section here on WHT which was a nice bonus. Discovered quite a few new providers too, so have a pretty good pool of providers on my hitlist for future servers.

Thanks to everyone for the great input!