suggest host pls

i am going for a new wordpress site. i have visitors to drive in that site. i will have approximately 20k-25k pageviews daily 5k unique. i will not use so many plugins. what host should i choose? normal shared host or vps? pls suggest. i really dont know much about wordpress.

My suggestion would be get a vps server. You may be able to use a shared host but they may limit you on your bandwidth usage/throttle the site. there are many offers for vps servers in the offers section.

If you are not using too many plugins, you might consider shared hosting, but as your 20k-25k pageviews and 5k unique visitor, try VPS with 1 GB RAM, of course not forgetting the bandwidth, which may consume larger if your web content somewhat large files.
    GIGEhoster - Web Hosting Indonesia Murah
    cPanel Shared Hosting with Softaculous

VPS or Small dedicated will need to run your site smooth
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

I would suggest a vps for this amount of traffic or an unlimited shared host plan.

VPS sir. Or if u have expertise... go for cloud.

It is always better to get a high end VPS Server or a low-end Dedicated Servers.
    You may run in to troubles on shared hosting or small VPS Server.
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Quote Originally Posted by gigehoster View Post
    If you are not using too many plugins, you might consider shared hosting, but as your 20k-25k pageviews and 5k unique visitor, try VPS with 1 GB RAM, of course not forgetting the bandwidth, which may consume larger if your web content somewhat large files.
    With 20k - 25k pageviews i'd go with a bit more than 1gb of ram.

There is no such thing as an "unlimited" shared host plan. They will all limit either your bandwidth or your CPU/memory usage. You need at the very least a VPS with that kind of traffic. With such a successful site, you shouldn't have issues paying the monthly fee for a VPS. Some of them are as cheap as "Enterprise" standard reseller hosting.

thanks everyone. then i will go with a vps. thanks a lot. now looking for offers in offers section.

VPS is going to be a better choice for you as you don't really know what the cpu/memory limitations may be on certain shared hosting providers. I am sure there are ones out there who would be able to support a wordpress site with your traffic levels, but unless you want to run into unexpected suspensions it is probably better to go with a VPS. You can always scale up in resources for when your site receives more traffic anyway.

A VPS would be the best option for you right now. It'll save you work in the long run instead of getting shared hosting and then having to worry about doing a migration and upgrade in the future you should just get a VPS. There are many providers that will be able to provide decent services to you. You can go with an unmanaged server if you do not know how to manage a served then go with a semi or fully managed server but if you go with the right provider then you won't have to worry about anything other than just the content in your site.

Quote Originally Posted by reldegart View Post
    i am going for a new wordpress site. i have visitors to drive in that site. i will have approximately 20k-25k pageviews daily 5k unique. i will not use so many plugins. what host should i choose? normal shared host or vps? pls suggest. i really dont know much about wordpress.
    With that visitors, this can max the power of a vps especially since it is still considered as shared hosting.

If you think your site traffic will grow, I would consider a dedicated server.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Go for VPS. Almost all shared hosting providers has set a certain CPU and memory limit. Sooner or later you will be in trouble with that much traffic on shared hosting.

You should use a VPS for a site with 5K users. Wordpress makes a lot of database queries, so make sure the server where your VPS is located uses an SSD drive.

Depending on the web server configuration on your vps, we suggest at least 2GB of RAM for regular LAMP configuration. Also double check the connection speed on a VPS, it should be at least 3-5MB/s.

If you use image and video conversion scripts, caching and seo addons, you should make sure your VPS has at least 1,5Ghz of CPU power.
    Hosting24.com Web Hosting - First class web hosting services.
    Boxbilling - Complete billing, invoicing and client management system.

VPS will be my choice.Normal shared host will probably have too much limitations for you.And I think that WordPress site will have higher vulnerability on shared host.
    WebuzoHosting.com
    █ INSTANT Managed XEN VPS and Dedicated Servers with Webuzo Premium Control Panel
    █ Brand name servers HP and DELL | DDoS protection | 99.9% Uptime | CloudStats monitoring | 24x7x365 Managed Support | Satisfaction Guarantee

suggest host pls

VPS is your best choice and check the offers section for some great deals on VPS. If you aren't too good with back end server work you should look into managed.
    HostClearly.com
    HostClearly Web Hosting
    #WeAreYourBussinessPartner
    Shared, Reseller, and VPS Hosting since 2010!

That is considered quite high and especially if you plan to run a lot of resources, your option is a dedicated server. A Good, Fast and Reliable Shared or VPS hosting might be OK but if you plan on running a lot of resources like plugins, extra updates, software, traffic, etc, etc then your likely to go a head with the Dedicated Server option with an E7 CPU ideally. At least 2GB RAM also.

A shared or VPS would be enough to get it up and running for starters. Careful when choosing providers. 24/7 'real' customer service is good especially if you are not good at word press.

I currently use a dedicated server with 25k+ hits per month and works perfect every time.
    Last edited by skybridgedomains; 11-16-2013 at 09:30 PM.

You may consider using Cloud VPS, the allocated resources should be able to cater more than 20k to 25k daily pageviews.