What I have hated the most about accepting orders is how people are able to defraud you. And I'm not just talking about the fraudsters themselves, but also how the other companies seem to all work in the fraudsters defense. I have lost my account with 2CO because of fraudulent activity and now also a domain name from eNom as well as the $10 to pay for the domain name. They always seem to just put the blame on me and treat me like I'm the criminal.
As for the domain name, I guess I lost the domain and $10 but the one thing I did get was the reasoning behind why companies (like HostGator, OVH) require government identification. It might not sound right, but being defrauded is not right as well. I hope other people read this and learn something from what I have learned about online fraud.
Unfortunately it's not only a part of the hosting world, but the business world in general.
You just have to be 2 steps ahead of the bad guy.....who's already 8 steps ahead of you.
Perfect scenario in the offline world which is no different;
- Store has $2000 item
- Customer buys item and slips in $1000 or more with fake money
- Store owner goes to the bank
- Bank tell owner some of the money is fake
- Owner takes the loss of all the fake money, and also takes the loss of the "sold" item which is pretty much stolen
- Bank now looks at store suspicious even though they were the victim
That's just one of the millions of stories...and that' just offline....shared hosting...countless scams out there.
The reason they're treating you negatively is because they're dealing with you directly, not the scam artist, so they now see you as the "bad guy" until you can prove them wrong.
Well, I have also decided to not register/transfer domain names anymore. To tell the truth, only about 5% of the domain names already registered were paid for and the other 95% I was left on the hook to pay for myself and resulted in lost profit. So if anybody wants to register a domain name, they can do it directly with a registrar cause I'm done with being the middle man.