Domains With Hosting Plan Advice

I'm still learning about web hosting and being a reseller.

The of the things I'm facing is that I want to be able to sell domains, that allow the customer to use as a custom domain on a blogging application like Blogger, Tumblr, SquareSpace, etc, just to name a few.

When I purchased my domain from Arvixe years ago, I HAD to purchase a hosting plan, so that I could map my domain to my blogspot. So I had to pay for resources I never used, only just to get access to cPanel with Advanced Zone Editor so I could setup my A records. I asked Arvixe if this was possible without purchasing a plan, but they said no, because their needed to be a nameserver for the domain, which kinda makes sense.

So I'm wanting to provide a hosting plan that provides zero resources, but gives cpanel/zone editor access for about $1/mo or $10/yr.

Does this sound like a good idea? I haven't seen anyone else do this, so I figure I missing something.

So you are looking to just have dns access? Why not just get a domain directly from registrar since some has free dns already?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Most registrars are already provide free services like DNS management. For example; we have a reseller account on Resellerclub. They provide control panel for our users, DNS management, 2xPOP3 email, email & domain forwarding, hiding whois with every domains for free.

If you open a domain reseller account when you will no need to create hosting to provide these services.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

Depending on how much you want to charge your customers, I agree, most registrars give you DNS management already. I haven't looked around at too many reseller accounts for this but it's definitely possible, in our case for example, resellers can purchase and manage domains without having to order hosting. There are few solutions out there for you..

I did not realize this.

I have a netearthone domain reseller account. I reckon through them I can setup DNS for my clients after they buy a domain? Or should I add a promo code to get access to free hosting with no resources available, just so they can access DNS Zone editor via cPanel?

I'm thinking on this, but I'm still not seeing how this would work without a hosting account.

If I bought a domain name at enom, just so I could to map it to my Blogger blogspot domain so that www.mydomain.blogspot.com becomes www.mydomain.com, what would I put as the nameserver when the DNS is managed? For example, ns1.WHATDOIPUT.com, ns2.WHATDOIPUT.com; If I don't have a hosting account with anyone?

If your domain registrar offers DNS, they will put THEIR DNS servers in the "whatdoiput".

For netearthone see http://manage.netearthone.com/kb/ser...et/faq580.html

For blogspot you then need to create A hosts as https://support.google.com/blogger/t...=en#ts=1734115

Quote Originally Posted by nicktc View Post
    If your domain registrar offers DNS, they will put THEIR DNS servers in the "whatdoiput".

For netearthone see http://manage.netearthone.com/kb/ser...et/faq580.html

For blogspot you then need to create A hosts as https://support.google.com/blogger/t...=en#ts=1734115
    You mean an A Record? Yeah, I've done this quite a few times.

I found the information to what I needed here as a reseller: http://manage.netearthone.com/kb/ser...et/faq471.html

I do not need to offer a zero hosting plan to those that purchase a domain from me. They can actually manage their nameservers, A records, and CNAME's through my domain reseller account at netearthone.

Thanks every for your help, I did not realize that registrar's offer DNS management or allow you to setup your nameserver(like use the registrar's nameserver) without purchasing a hosting plan.

That sux, because I paid for a $9 a month plan for over a year, just so I could map my domain to my Blogger. I never used any resources or had need for it.

I have one last question though. As a domain reseller for netearthone, if a client purchases a domain from me, they can use my domain as the nameserver correct? Or do they have to use netearthone?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarcell View Post

I have one last question though. As a domain reseller for netearthone, if a client purchases a domain from me, they can use my domain as the nameserver correct? Or do they have to use netearthone?
    It's can be done however you prefer, either using the default NS values or setting up branded NS values.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Xarcell View Post
    As a domain reseller for netearthone, if a client purchases a domain from me, they can use my domain as the nameserver correct? Or do they have to use netearthone?
    As DWS2006 pointed out, it can be done. Just create on the nameserver that you are using for your primary domain the NS and A records pointing to the IP addresses of your NEO name servers. You will also need to register them on your domain registrar.

http://manage.resellerclub.com/kb/se...html#heading_1