creating a vps from dedicated server?

Hello,
    I have been working with shared hosting since a couple of years now and pretty much manage my servers my self. I am trying to read / learn more about setting up VPS from a dedicated server. Referring to openvz, I am a little confused as to where exactly should I start reading.

I am trying to totally understand how to bridge openvz, cpanel, whmcs to make it automated?

Any help or links would be appreciated.

I just hope you are not putting cPanel in the main node.

Are you planning to sell vps? If yes, look at SolusVM.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

creating a vps from dedicated server?

Even proxmox if you want to use KVM or SolusVM if you want to use openVz, Xen & KVM. However you cannot install them and Cpanel on the host node you would need to create a VPS for the cPanel.

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    I just hope you are not putting cPanel in the main node.

Are you planning to sell vps? If yes, look at SolusVM.
    What I am trying to understand is:

Like we usually create packages in WHM and link it to whmcs. So when my client signs up, it automatically creates and account using the same package.

Is it just that for VPS as well? Simply install SolusVM and create packages in it? Put the same info in whmcs and you're done?

you can create packages with solus vm as same as WHM you doing, see this link to understand how whmcs and solusvm work together, http://docs.whmcs.com/SolusVM
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Openvz SolusVm VPS DDOS Protected Canada & Romania
    Dedicated Servers And Satellite Dish Colocation with 1Gbps For IPTV
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

The full installation instructions along with configuration documents are available, so you can just follow those instructions.

If you already use WHMCS and you just want to get your feet wet with VPS hosting, then I'd recommend SolusVM as well. It's easy to get everything setup--there are plenty of auto-installers and tutorials. When you're comfortable enough to start offering VPS hosting plans, integrating SolusVM with your WHMCS is a snap.
    ▄▀▄ Brian Harrison, Lead Engineer - Reprise Hosting (AS62838)
    ▄▀▄ Deals on cheap dedicated server hosting. IPMI included! Unmetered bandwidth.
    ▄▀▄ Website migration, 24/7/365 support, basic server setup, 15 day money back.
    ▄▀▄ Looking for DEALS on self-managed cheap VPS hosting? Visit VPSHostingDEAL.com

Quote Originally Posted by BrianHarrison View Post
    If you already use WHMCS and you just want to get your feet wet with VPS hosting, then I'd recommend SolusVM as well. It's easy to get everything setup--there are plenty of auto-installers and tutorials. When you're comfortable enough to start offering VPS hosting plans, integrating SolusVM with your WHMCS is a snap.
    Again, my confusion is, does SolusVM automatically creates and deploys VPS as per the package created?

Riyaz,

Yes, SolusVM does allow for package creation and autoprovision inside of WHMCS. This works especially well for OpenVZ based virtualization.
    PCLHS | SAS70 Datacenters in New Jersey/Texas
    100TB Dedicated Servers 1U - Full Cab Colocation Complex Hosting Horizontally Scalable Hosting DR/HA Hosting Public and Private Clouds Web Farms Innovative, Reliable, and Responsive
    Contact Us E: mark [at] pclhs.net | W: www.pclhs.net