Boxbilling & Enkompass - Will it work?

I have wanted to add webhosting to my company for a while, so I have been doing research and could not find anything about boxbilling & Enkompass. Anyone know if it can be purchased then setup automatically.
    █ Micah | Optic-Hosting CEO | Great Active Support | Little/no Downtime
    Shared Hosting | Cheap | Expandable | Low Latency
    Reseller Hosting

Avoid Boxbilling like it's herpes. As soon as you grow a bit all hell breaks loose. IF it manages to even bill your clients, good luck getting it to record it. If you need help, you'll have to figure it out for yourself. Best bet is to get in on the early discount with blesta or clientexec. I am loving clientexec.

You can usually find inexpensive licenses on this forum.
    Last edited by @Jesse; 11-12-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    █ █ █

Quote Originally Posted by rits View Post
    Avoid Boxbilling like it's herpes. As soon as you grow a bit all hell breaks loose. IF it manages to even bill your clients, good luck getting it to record it. If you need help, you'll have to figure it out for yourself. Best bet is to get in on the early discount with blesta or clientexec. I am loving clientexec.

You can usually find inexpensive licenses on this forum.
    Ok,well then could I setup Enkompass with whmcs and get it it setup an account and all right after payment?

Is there any reason why you need Enkompass? cPanel is better for Linux server but Enkompass is not good and as far I know the development is almost dead now. You can go for WebsitePanel (free) or Plesk (paid).
    || Web Hosting Blog - Web Hosting security & latest web hosting industry Announcements
    || Web Hosting Discussion - A Web Hosting community

Quote Originally Posted by Kailash12 View Post
    Is there any reason why you need Enkompass? cPanel is better for Linux server but Enkompass is not good and as far I know the development is almost dead now. You can go for WebsitePanel (free) or Plesk (paid).
    I think I'll do website panel, I can use that for vps and webhosting right?

Quote Originally Posted by youyoyo27 View Post
    I think I'll do website panel, I can use that for vps and webhosting right?
    If I understand correctly.

As far as I know Encompass is not a hypervisor management platform. I think it is the Windows version of cPanel (shared/panel) hosting.

To my knowledge there is very minimum support or current improvements for the product. I would say that you may want to consider other options if you wish to provision Windows based hosting accounts. For hypervisor management you will need to first pick a visualization and then a platform to manage and provision that, which at this type cPanel does not offer.
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix

I pretty much had the same issue with box billing as the first guy had. It didn't send some bills, it double charged people, and others just could not pay. I would avoid it.

As someone else mentioned, Enkompass is pretty much dead at this point. You would be crazy to use it, especially in a paid environment where security will be paramount. A dead product is no longer supported, which means no new security updates which translates into a bad day.
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    As someone else mentioned, Enkompass is pretty much dead at this point. You would be crazy to use it, especially in a paid environment where security will be paramount. A dead product is no longer supported, which means no new security updates which translates into a bad day.

Ya AGREE! It's dead like a zombie ! Use others instead!