Looking for a quick filehosting service for a game redirect
I've come here to ask for some help with finding a file hosting service for a games server redirect.
Basically I'm running a 64 player custom maps server, and whenever a map changes those 64 players need to download a ~200mb custom map file at exactly the same time, if the download does not happen quickly enough to their tastes they will likely disconnect.
Although I have webhosting that I use at the moment, which is pretty quick when I test it with myself. Once a full server starts downloading at the same time the download speeds get a lot slower. Every minute it takes longer for a player to download a custom map the higher the chance that he'll cancel his download and play somewhere else.
So I was wondering if you guys could point me in the correct direction for finding a good webhosting company.
So a list of my desires:
- File capacity of about 5GB
- Most users are from Europe mainland but speeds would ideally be as high as possible both EU and US players.
- Bandwidth ability to handle peaks of suddenly having 64 players hammering the line.
- Incase the server would be full 24/7 about 5000GB of bandwidth a month would be needed. Although (at least) initially far less bandwidth would be necessary. So it would be nice to be able to scale up once demand increases.
- I need an ftp to upload files to, and a http address to add for the redirect.
I would like the costs to stay under 40€ a month at least initially, it can scale up to say 100€ max if I manage to keep the server full 24/7.
Primarily due to the peaky bandwidth utilization of 64 players pulling a map down at the same time. And the incredible importance of people getting the maps asap so they won't leave the server, I would like to know if you guys know of some host services that would be able to fit well to my requirements?
I know that in general requests for filehosting are inappropriate around here, but I simply have no idea where to start.