Looking for a quick filehosting service for a game redirect

Hello Everybody,

I've come here to ask for some help with finding a file hosting service for a games server redirect.

Basically I'm running a 64 player custom maps server, and whenever a map changes those 64 players need to download a ~200mb custom map file at exactly the same time, if the download does not happen quickly enough to their tastes they will likely disconnect.

Although I have webhosting that I use at the moment, which is pretty quick when I test it with myself. Once a full server starts downloading at the same time the download speeds get a lot slower. Every minute it takes longer for a player to download a custom map the higher the chance that he'll cancel his download and play somewhere else.

So I was wondering if you guys could point me in the correct direction for finding a good webhosting company.

So a list of my desires:
    - File capacity of about 5GB
    - Most users are from Europe mainland but speeds would ideally be as high as possible both EU and US players.
    - Bandwidth ability to handle peaks of suddenly having 64 players hammering the line.
    - Incase the server would be full 24/7 about 5000GB of bandwidth a month would be needed. Although (at least) initially far less bandwidth would be necessary. So it would be nice to be able to scale up once demand increases.
    - I need an ftp to upload files to, and a http address to add for the redirect.

I would like the costs to stay under 40€ a month at least initially, it can scale up to say 100€ max if I manage to keep the server full 24/7.

Primarily due to the peaky bandwidth utilization of 64 players pulling a map down at the same time. And the incredible importance of people getting the maps asap so they won't leave the server, I would like to know if you guys know of some host services that would be able to fit well to my requirements?

I know that in general requests for filehosting are inappropriate around here, but I simply have no idea where to start.

Thank you all for your time,

Last edited by Zetsumei; 11-12-2013 at 08:32 AM.

4,788 + S3 storage might be a workable solution. Sounds like you need a good cdn, but minimum pricing at most providers exceeds your budget by a good margin. - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial

Thank you for your response. I've looked around a bit and the cheapest cdn I could find ended up being cdn77 .com. Do any of you have experiences with them.

Its still quite expensive for me, but I've set one up using the free trial to see how it goes.