Looking for Reliable Shared or VPS Host ~$20 - Moving from Hostgator[constantly down]

Hi,

I've been using Hostgator for quite some time now because they're cheap. Obviously, it's an easy way to get started, but now i'm looking for a more reliable host.

I run a couple of wordpress sites and vbulletin forums with very little traffic. The forums have 0 members, so they're just empty until I intend to move them to a dedi and put them to use.

However, my wordpress sites function as blogs and the server seems to go down several times per month.

I'm not sure if this is reasonable, but I'm looking for a host that won't go down several times per month. I'm willing to pay $20-30 (cpanel included) for shared or VPS plans.

Any recommendations that offer free migration as well?

Thanks in advanced

Yeah, ever since the EIG takeover things have been going downhill for HostGator, a lot of customers complaining about downtime and what not.

Do you have any location preference for your websites?

Yeah, i usually don't complain, but it seems like there are plenty of other services that offer way better services in comparison.

What is Ur Configeration

i currently have a shared hosting cpanel package. as standard as it gets with hostgator. I actually only need a few sites moved, since I don't mind paying hostgator to host my other sites for the time being.

sent stablehost a sales message. maybe they'll offer a solution

Quote Originally Posted by gingir View Post
    EIG

I had been with them for quite some time now. possibly before EIG took over. but yes, the server feels grossly overpopulated

While you wait for Stablehost, I recommend FreshRoastedHosting and CrocWeb I've used both before and you can't go wrong with them. Good luck.
    Licensecart - We only sell High Quality licenses
    Visit us @ Licensecart.com ~ sales(➾)licensecart.com ~ webhostbundle.com
    WHT isn't what it used to be… power changes people :]

Do you need any specific location?

I will also suggest you checking at www.lowendbox.com
    LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

I'd recommend zFast or SimplexWebs! Both are very good.

I recommend Hostdime or Surpasshosting. I have many hosting accounts on their different servers. Uptime of all servers is good and support is fast. But your budget is very low for VPS.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

It's amazing the amount of downtime on hostgator, if you don't have some kind of monitoring on your site, you would never know...

Quote Originally Posted by yellowhuman View Post
    Hi,

I've been using Hostgator for quite some time now because they're cheap. Obviously, it's an easy way to get started, but now i'm looking for a more reliable host.

I run a couple of wordpress sites and vbulletin forums with very little traffic. The forums have 0 members, so they're just empty until I intend to move them to a dedi and put them to use.

However, my wordpress sites function as blogs and the server seems to go down several times per month.

I'm not sure if this is reasonable, but I'm looking for a host that won't go down several times per month. I'm willing to pay $20-30 (cpanel included) for shared or VPS plans.

Thanks in advanced

20-30 USD per month you can get managed vps with cpane with free migration.
    You can check forums for reputed host with good reviews

Re: Looking for Reliable Shared or VPS Host ~$20 - Moving from Hostgator[constantly d

You can get the VPS for your price range with support and uptime guaranteed at a data center in India, if location of the server isn't an issue for you.

You're not going to find a good managed VPS for $20-30.

Instead look at Stablehost enterprise or MDD Hosting semi-dedicated plans. Better resources than shared (like a VPS), but without management responsibilities (like shared).

That's what I'd do here.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

you could get a cpanel managed vps from tmzvps if you extend your budget a bit.

Lightbulb Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by yellowhuman View Post
    Hi,

Thanks in advanced
    Well, the answer to your question is affirmative. Well your requirements are fair enough for the given budget. Well you can opt for a vps and I am sure there are many hosts to offer you free migration as well.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

I think a VPS w/cPanel that's managed is a stretch for 30 bucks. I think you'd be better off finding yourself a reseller account and splitting each site into their own accounts as well. It would help with both performance & security.

You mentioned "east coast" a few posts back - do you have a preference on where on the east coast?
    █| VEEROTECH.NET - Shared, Reseller & VPS Hosting
    █| High Performance *Pure SSD* CloudLinux & LiteSpeed Powered Web Hosting
    █| cPanel & WHM - Softaculous - Website Builder - R1Soft - SpamExperts - Let's Encrypt

Quote Originally Posted by swatkats View Post
    you could get a cpanel managed vps from tmzvps if you extend your budget a bit.
    Thank you for the mention .

- Daniel