Question Best way to watch video on remote server?

Hi there,

I want to offer a solution to my clients. They need to watch videos on websites in the UK while outside the UK and we have tried VPN's but some websites are getting smart and know you are using a VPN.

I tried connecting to a Rackspace cloud server using RDP and even Ericom Blaze but they are too slow to watch any video at any decent framerate. I have also tried Citrix but they are too expensive for me.

Any other ideas please?

I think the most I could pay per instance of the solution is about 25 but really about 15 would be better.

If you can help me with this I would love you long time. lol.

Thanks in advance.

~Gary.

What kind of VPN solution did you try? Did you buy a VPN account from a known VPN provider? Or did you create your own VPN on your own server (eg, a VPS)?

A VPN on a small VPS is going to be your best option. Any type of screen share/remote desktop solution won't have the refresh rate needed for fluid video.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial

I don't see why something as simple as PPTP wouldn't work. A breeze to setup and should do the trick. Most platforms have native PPTP capabilities as well.

Get a cheap dedicated server somewhere in the UK with decent bandwidth and install a basic PPTP server.

Setup your own VPN on a linux VPS.. problem solved Since your machine will have a dedicated IP address that only you are using (not thousands of requests) websites won't mark the IP address are a VPN and it will continue to work.