Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tired of downtime with photovps - please recommend a reliable host

PhotonVPS must be the worst VPS provider of all time. I gave them so many chances

1) Cpanel license expires on a monthly basis
    2) I have 5-10 visitors per DAY and it's down 50% of the time! No server load! but server is down!
    3) Support takes ages to reply and gives me stupid answers. Like "it's back up" but takes 10 hours to reply!

Please recommend me a reliable host!

Thanks

I don't want a mum and dad shop. I want a proper provider who is not going to do any of the above!

Also looking for a Drupal friendly host

Do you have a ticket number I can look at?
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

Quote Originally Posted by Profuse-Jimmy View Post
    Do you have a ticket number I can look at?
    You can see #363351 - server down

I have given you guys so many chances. Even I upgraded in good faith that this won't happen.... and it happens. The live chat support guy RON just says he has notified the tech guys.

Why does he need to notify support? The server is down for 5 hours! I raised a ticket hours ago!

This is seriously the most ridiculous and worst experience I have. I cannot express my frustration.

** I would fire the entire support team. Garbage is a nice word to describe them.

Deep breaths Gigaron -
    I do wonder why so many negative reviews are coming in lately.

Tired of downtime

Milan,

I am sorry to heard that you are having problems with your VPS machine. This is not how we operate, we take pride in providing the best support we can offer.

I understand you have experience problems with your VM, but like any server the issue could be isolated to an internal problem, or a parent node overload. Id like to do whatever I can to help with your issue, I will send you a reply via the open support ticket that you gave us.

Thank you

There are so many reliable provider.
    Cheap managed / semi-managed / un-managed:
    RamNode
    DigitalOcean
    Linode

Fully managed:
    WiredTree
    KnownHost
    vps.net (almost-fully managed with cPanel)
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

FutureHosting or KnownHost!

Would you specify your requirements?

I was using a windows vps with photonvps about two months ago and even tho it's performance was really good, my vps had a lot of downtime and also i noticed that everyday i had to start the services again because it was restarted....

anyway, here are my personal recommendations for linux vps:

intovps.com - I've been with them for 2 years now. Everything with them it's excellent.
    hudsonvalleyhost.com - I used them like an year ago and recently I have purchased 2 of their yearly 128mb vps's, it's a great host.

I always recommend people to go with XEN or KVM when they are having stability issues and want to get back on track. Generally speaking hosts that use either two visualizations tend to be more reliable as other customers on their nodes cant directly effect each other as easily.
    SolaDrive - Enterprise Managed Server Solutions
    Specializing in Managed NVMe VPS & Dedicated Servers in US & UK
    Visit us at SolaDrive.com

Also if the server is not oversold each client should have the resources he has paid for guaranteed and dedicated for him.
    Only a server-wide issue is acceptable to influence a client's VPS node, not another client's node overload on the same server.

Quote Originally Posted by SolaDrive - John View Post
    I always recommend people to go with XEN or KVM when they are having stability issues and want to get back on track. Generally speaking hosts that use either two visualizations tend to be more reliable as other customers on their nodes cant directly effect each other as easily.
    I have the same perception too.

Controlvm is another host that you can give a try, overall support I can say they are quite good.

I've used RamNode and Castlegem, both are very great!
    -none-

I've been having similar problems. I bought my VPS last month and have had a couple of days downtime due to their network outage and now a further day due to cPanel licensing issues.

I moved some sites off my main server for testing but think I'll have to move them back and cancel the service as it is appauling for a provider who supposedly offers a "100% uptime guarantee" to have this much downtime.

Its down again right now!!!! This is crazy unstable!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigaron View Post
    Its down again right now!!!! This is crazy unstable!
    Do you not have backups to where you can just move to another provider? What are the specs on your VPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post
    Do you not have backups to where you can just move to another provider? What are the specs on your VPS?

NO - I told Jimmy who is the CEO my internet connection is too slow to download the site. Their backup system doesn't even work! He said he will upgrade my host but I'll lose all my data. GOOD WORK?? Upgrade and lose data.... I might as well just not have a site at all!

I dunno... the 2GB ram server and 20gb space. Cannot believe it's down again! I must have like 10% uptime in the last few months and the support is so not proactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigaron View Post
    NO - I told Jimmy who is the CEO my internet connection is too slow to download the site. Their backup system doesn't even work! He said he will upgrade my host but I'll lose all my data. GOOD WORK?? Upgrade and lose data.... I might as well just not have a site at all!

I dunno... the 2GB ram server and 20gb space. Cannot believe it's down again! I must have like 10% uptime in the last few months and the support is so not proactive.
    So get another storage VPS with someone like Backupsy and copy your data over when it comes back up. Have they given you any explanation on what the problem is? What virtualization technology is it? OpenVZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post
    So get another storage VPS with someone like Backupsy and copy your data over when it comes back up. Have they given you any explanation on what the problem is? What virtualization technology is it? OpenVZ?

Yeah... good if it actually went online again

Jimmy -

Why can't you just reply to my ticket?
    Why is my server down NOW????
    Why can't you bring it up NOW????
    Where's the customer service???

None of this is instilling confidence in your service.

I have no idea what their technology is. I think onapp or something like that.
    Last edited by Gigaron; 11-16-2013 at 09:50 PM.

It might be a good idea to get yourself a server with a new provider now and set up that way when it does come back online you can jump right into attempting to xfer the data. How much data do you have on it?

For future reference, its always a good idea to keep some sort of local backup just for events like this.

@Profuse-Jimmy:

It has been more than 3 hours downtime. Your support person Sabi gives a reply "I'll check and get back soon", and you know what she does??? She CLOSES the ticket!!!!

C'mon - what's the deal with this? Is this a joke or a game?

Where's the admin to fix this? The first time you had downtime for me it was 3-4 days of downtime!!!!

No normal person would continue with your service after the total downtime of what... 10 days of the last few months! It's outrageous!

AND NO!!!! IT IS NOT A DUPLICATE TICKET FOR WHY YOU CLOSED IT.... I HAVE 3 DOWNTIME TICKETS ALL RELATED TO DIFFERENT INCIDENTS. THE SO CALLED DUPLICATE IS FOR TODAY AND THE ONE YOU SAID I DUPLICATED IS FROM LAST WEEK!

Please wait for a response instead of opening new tickets which just clutters our support desk.

This isn't our support desk so do not expect a support reply here.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

If you're having so many issues simply buy a new vps and ask your new host to transfer when it comes online. It shouldn't take long to transfer if the amount of data is not huge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast