Unlucky with Virpus.com Technical Support

This is the 2nd time in 2 months that my VPS has had network problems over the weekend and I am not getting any support from my service provider.

I am a bit confused, to be honest. They claim to offer 24/7 Technical Support on the web site but it seems like I don't get any on the weekend. Is this normal? Are they talking about a different kind of support? Am I missing something?
    Last edited by JdS; 11-11-2013 at 01:08 PM.
    J de Silva
    GIDBlog.com

did you contact there support via chat or support ticket?
    VMakerHOST » Providing Amazing Services since 2010
    Three Datacenter Locations: Chicago, Netherlands & Singapore
    █ Reseller Hosting with WHMCS | End User Support | Premium Network | 24x7-365 Support
    ShoutCAST, Web Hosting, Virtual Servers & Dedicated Servers. Managed options available

I'm sure @VN-Ken would be happy to look into this for you. Would be helpful for their representative if you post a ticket ID here so he can find your account

Sorry to hear about your experience, though
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Both times I contacted them via their own support ticket system at myvirpus.com. One month ago, I didn't even get a single reply the whole weekend, until the following Monday.

Last Saturday, somebody actually replied but all he said was that they were looking into it and then silence... until now!

I'm just amazed, actually. All these years I've dealt with all kinds of hosts but this is a different level of service and support. I'm seated here dumbfounded wondering if I'm just especially unlucky or something

sorry to hear that @VN-Ken is active here i am sure he will give you reply

Best Of luck
    VMakerHOST » Providing Amazing Services since 2010
    Three Datacenter Locations: Chicago, Netherlands & Singapore
    █ Reseller Hosting with WHMCS | End User Support | Premium Network | 24x7-365 Support
    ShoutCAST, Web Hosting, Virtual Servers & Dedicated Servers. Managed options available

Thanks for your comforting words but I'm pretty sure my issue is only going to be resolved on Tuesday. It's a long weekend over there, isn't it?

It sucks to sign up with a host who says they offer 24/7 support on the site but when you urgently need support you can't get it. Post a ticket id here I am sure a rep from that company will come and help you with your needs.

Is their support the only issue your having with them or are you also having issues with their services like constantly down time or slow responses?

Trust me, this is the first (FIRST) time that I have come across this level of support from a hosting company.

I've had my VPS with them maybe for nearly 2 years now. My first issue with the network was last month and the second time was the day before yesterday.

They actually had a scheduled maintenance on Saturday and I'm sure I'm not the only one affected by the changes made. It's like they did their scheduled maintenance work, messed up some of our connections and proceeded to take their long weekend off!

What's the status of your tickets? maybe has been closed?
    Cloudzy
    Cheap Windows VPS | Linux VPS | Bitcoin VPS | Forex VPS
    Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, PerfectMoney, CryotoCurrency and Bitcoin
    In business for more than 14 years - Since 2008

I follow up on my support ticket, so it is certainly not closed. When they began to ignore my ticket I even sent an email to their ticket escalation email address, but that was also in vain.

Virpus can be pita when something breaks. I had a problm once and it took about a week to solve it. But they are budget and imo one just can't expect fast support with such low prices.

I still own two VPS' from them for my satellite sites network as when nothing breaks they are somewhat better than other budget providers. Almost no reboots and less overselling.

Quote Originally Posted by JdS View Post
    This is the 2nd time in 2 months that my VPS has had network problems over the weekend and I am not getting any support from my service provider.

I am a bit confused, to be honest. They claim to offer 24/7 Technical Support on the web site but it seems like I don't get any on the weekend. Is this normal? Are they talking about a different kind of support? Am I missing something?

I try to avoid bad mouthing hosts since it's not professional, but since they are not professional, that rule doesn't count.

Vripus...too many negative things to say...and if you search the reviews, it gets worse.

I'm still questioning HOW or WHY this host is allowed to advertise. Why is a host that achieves 48 negative reviews out of every 50 reviews still allowed to advertise. Search the reviews...all there in black and white.

Just an honest assessment. Your guaranteed to not get support 24/7.

Don't worry, it's not just you, I can't connect to my vps over ssh, and it won't resolve the mirrors. It's not showing up in my reseller control panel with them like its suppose to as well. Ordered on Friday, and no reply from them since Saturday. To be fair, I even tryed to email @VN-Ken, but he didn't respond.

Quote Originally Posted by 48-14 View Post
    I try to avoid bad mouthing hosts since it's not professional, but since they are not professional, that rule doesn't count.

Vripus...too many negative things to say...and if you search the reviews, it gets worse.

I'm still questioning HOW or WHY this host is allowed to advertise. Why is a host that achieves 48 negative reviews out of every 50 reviews still allowed to advertise. Search the reviews...all there in black and white.

Just an honest assessment. Your guaranteed to not get support 24/7.
    Agreed, seeing a lot of Virpus threads lately and it doesn't look good at all.
    I don't even get nights off, never mind weekends. :/

To not offer live chat on weekends I can understand, but for tickets that's not good. In one of the DC's I manage if we get any downtime ticket the on-call engineers are calling an early wake up call, but the difference is this DC doesn't host low end VPS (or any VPS, yet) - when you have Three, Vodafone, Virgin Media and the government as clients you don't really have a choice but to remain online always.

This this is an image of you get what you pay for. If you guys know how to choose a host and set a budget then you prob won't be having this issue. In the future now you know check for reviews on the company before signing up and don't fall for low price high end services at all from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    This this is an image of you get what you pay for.
    Please don't say that. This is not the only server I have and there are many providers who offer similar products at similar prices and handle their customers wonderfully. Like I said, I've dealt with many web hosting companies in my life and believe me when I tell you that this company is quite something else.
    Last edited by JdS; 11-12-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JdS View Post
    Please don't say that. This is not the only server I have and there are many providers who offer similar products at similar prices and handle their customers wonderfully. Like I said, I've dealt with many web hosting companies in my life and believe me when I tell you that this company is quite something else.
    I would agree with that too. Quick comparison of a host I use for some projects;

Virpus:

Price = low cost, but might as well be cheap or free or pay customers to use their service

Support = none

Ethics = none

Service = extreme hit or miss, and will even argue with you if the service fails from the moment of sign-up

RamNode:

Price = same range as virpus

Support = excellent

Ethics = yes

Service = excellent

Virpus can tarnish their image for a lifetime with a new customer within 2 hours or less.

RamNode....setup...do what you need to do....never worry. Look them up. Even in dark situations (which every host encounters at some point in time) Nick is right there will all the customers almost hand holding them back to the level of service people expect from a host.

If you have any files with Virpus, back them up and run. They are an embarrassment to the industry and to other's on this forum.

Thank you very much for your kind words and support 48-14!
    RamNode - High Performance Cloud VPS
    SSD Cloud and Shared Hosting
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Deploy on our SSD cloud today! - www.ramnode.com

Yeah, I'm just going to cancel at end of month, not even worth my time talking to their billing department. My vps still won't let me ssh in, and they are in no rush to fix it. On the other hand, my experience with Crissic.net is 100% good.

Crissic.net
    price/deals = better than Virpus
    stability = no downtime yet
    support = friendly, and fast
    ethics = yes
    service = exelent

Virpus
    support = little to none
    price = you get what you pay for
    service quality = none
    ssh ability = none, they just tell you "The vps is online" when clearly mobile interface says offline, and you can't ssh
    Last edited by fhnllc-eric; 11-12-2013 at 08:52 PM.

What a coincidence! I have also bookmarked crissic.net recently. :-)