Need Help in Deciding which VPS should i choose..

Hello Guys,
    I have always been of Shared Hosting and enjoyed a lot...

Now am planning to Opt for a VPS..

So just want some suggestions...2 company what am thinking for...specially on thanks giving day...50% off Nothing Better than that.

interserver.net/vps/home. php slice 2 or
    hostgator.com/vps-hosting/ level 3

or any trusted VPS provider in Budget of 22$.
    Interserver Slice 2 cost 22$ including Cpanel...

So should i go for Interserver in coming thanks giving day, or any other trusted provider here at WHT.

tmzvps.com seems good but a bit expensive for me..28$ plan.
    Ramnode plan is good specially of cpu core 4, but 15$ is with or without cpanel, and is t managed.

Actually am a bit lazy in changing host providers again and again, so its better to go with some trusted one... so no need to cry after words...

So guys and experts share your advice..
    Budget around 20$,
    need managed and cpanel...

at present my site on blogger gets 10000+ page views daily.

Thats it, hope now you can help me out...

You'll be hard pressed to find a managed provider along with cPanel and the specs you want for $20. Mainly because cPanel licenses cost $15/month on average; that leaves just $5 for the specs you want + management. Not going to happen under most circumstances, not with a quality provider at least.

Your budget is too tight for what you want. just Cpanel license alone is like around $15 as the above reply said. You might need to get a CP like DirectAdmin or increase your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetalk View Post
    You'll be hard pressed to find a managed provider along with cPanel and the specs you want for $20. Mainly because cPanel licenses cost $15/month on average; that leaves just $5 for the specs you want + management. Not going to happen under most circumstances, not with a quality provider at least.
    Hi, as i had already mention about interserver . net, they are providing
    50 Gb space, 1 GB Ram, 2 TB Transfer for 12$ and 10$ Cpanel total 22$.

so considering this one, but thought to ask for more suggestions, in a hope to find something more better...

As well is their any problem of having cpu core 1 ?

True, their cost is $22 with cPanel licensing at $10. They do state that their slices are managed, although I've never experienced them firsthand so I cannot make a recommendation.

But, if you're looking for a range of providers, you'll find that range very limited in your budget. You won't find, at least, the top quality ones in that range by far.

1 CPU core can be fine or not enough, depending entirely on what you'll be putting on the server. You mentioned your blogger blog has 10,000+ visits a day. What's the content? Is it a mix of images/posts or just posts? I also haven't experienced an independent install of Blogger (only Wordpress) so I cannot make a recommendation on that end either since I don't know what kind of resource footprint it has.

Generally, for most low end tasks, a single core will suffice. But from your post, it appears you want the most and the best for the least possible pricing. If you're looking to choose from a range for that, you'll find that the range is very limited. Basically, you get what you pay for.

Hi,

You might encounter more problem after you move to VPS with this tight budget. Instead of upgrade it to VPS, might as well you just stay in your shared hosting plan and upgrade it to max?

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetalk View Post
    True, their cost is $22 with cPanel licensing at $10. They do state that their slices are managed, although I've never experienced them firsthand so I cannot make a recommendation.

But, if you're looking for a range of providers, you'll find that range very limited in your budget. You won't find, at least, the top quality ones in that range by far.

1 CPU core can be fine or not enough, depending entirely on what you'll be putting on the server. You mentioned your blogger blog has 10,000+ visits a day. What's the content? Is it a mix of images/posts or just posts? I also haven't experienced an independent install of Blogger (only Wordpress) so I cannot make a recommendation on that end either since I don't know what kind of resource footprint it has.

Generally, for most low end tasks, a single core will suffice. But from your post, it appears you want the most and the best for the least possible pricing. If you're looking to choose from a range for that, you'll find that the range is very limited. Basically, you get what you pay for.
    Hey Life Talk, really appreciate for your response..here are some more thoughts to get clear ideas...

1) My blogs are on WordPress, and each post containg average 1 or two images,,,, its like normal what you find on other blogs.

2) Blogger bog i mention as there are no hosting charges, even my last festival blog got 2 lakh visit plus in 3 days and no issue with blogger site was up. ( it was just a example do not consider this)

3) Interserver is Pretty Good, specially their customer care and all. some of my friends have shared hosting with them for past 1 year and they are happy without any downtime... so i doubt very less on their service.

4) Nov 28, is the Thanks Giving Day if am correct or correct me if am wrong. will have a lot of Hosting offers from almost all of the host providers, specially the famous offer 50% off...

So i think this might be the best time to purchase it... instead of getting confused at the last movement opting for this company or that, i was just making up my mind so on the offer day i just need to make a payment and finish...

Back to you Bro.

Wordpress blogs, I see.

The plan you're looking at, at interserver, is 1GB RAM. A cPanel install recommends at least 512MB RAM on the VPS it will be installed on. With 1GB RAM, you should be fine but that depends entirely on how much traffic your blog(s) get. Because you need to consider the fact that you will also be hosting a database on this VPS. While this shouldn't be a problem for low traffic sites, Wordpress is considered a resource hog of sorts (although it can be optimized to perform much better than it does out of the box).

Essentially, you need to keep in mind that if you do go with a 1GB RAM plan and have a cPanel install on it, alongside hosting WP blogs that have, say, average to high traffic, you won't have a lot of room to grow. You'll find yourself needing a RAM upgrade soon enough. So if you do go with, say, 2GB RAM (a few months later) that's $24 + $10 for cPanel for a total of $34/month.

My point being, that in your CURRENT budget, you'll maybe find a short term solution, true. But if you do get a solution right now for your budget, you'll find yourself in a situation where you won't be able to grow until you invest in better specs. And those, even with interserver, will break your $20 barrier

I'm not very well versed on the kind of offers that come up on thanksgiving, here. But they should start popping up a week or two before the actual thanksgiving so keep an eye out on the offers forum. Even with a 50% off, you'll be hard pressed to find a solution that's long term, fits your $20 budget, and has great specs, control panel, management, etc.

My recommendation here, is that you hit the offers forum (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104) and go through some providers/threads. Look around if they currently have the specs you want, at the price you want (or close to the price you want) and then check to see if they have a history of giving away discount codes. If they do, you can get an idea of the fact that they'll likely have discounts coming up for this thanksgiving.

Then, you can research the providers on this forum, check for reviews they have if any, and make a decision. Or you could come back with those providers, post them here, and see if someone who's used them in the past has anything to say about them or such.

Hey Thanks for the kind suggestions...going through the offers section.

Up your budget and look at FutureHosting or KnownHost!