Using stripexs with WHMCS? Careful. They're secretly stealing from you.

Just a heads up, if you've updated to version 4.xx of StripeXS (the software from Tekstorm / James Stewart) that while the software may appear free, they've changed things so that it's now taking 2% of every transaction you process from you in addition to stripe's charge instead of the prior $5 monthly charge.

I asked James Stewart of Tekstorm about it and he hasn't responded in days (and closed my ticket).
    I still can't find any mention of the pricing changes *anywhere* on their site, readmes or in the changelog.

Seems a bit fraudulent.. luckily, we noticed the fees after only a few days & swapped to another module altogether (an open source one). Oddly enough, James Stewart also works at WHMCS.
    Last edited by David; 11-11-2013 at 02:41 AM.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused — For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

It seems they've updated the pricing at https://tekstorm.ca/cart.php?gid=6082#pricing

I'm curious how they accomplish charging a merchant-style fee structure, and if Stripe is aware they're doing this...
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

Re: Using stripexs with WHMCS? Careful. They're secretly stealing from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    It seems they've updated the pricing at https://tekstorm.ca/cart.php?gid=6082#pricing

I'm curious how they accomplish charging a merchant-style fee structure, and if Stripe is aware they're doing this...
    Haha love that they have a stripe for Blesta, even though Blesta ships with it for free.
    Licensecart - We only sell High Quality licenses
    Visit us @ Licensecart.com ~ sales(➾)licensecart.com ~ webhostbundle.com
    WHT isn't what it used to be… power changes people :]

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post

Stripe has a feature titled 'Stripe connect' which allows you to charge your users a per transaction fee. It'd be a handy feature for someone running an ebay-like system, or, in this case stripexs. Again, I'm not opposed to stripexs increasing their fees, or, them making money. It's the way they made the change (without anyone knowing) that is shady.

I'm glad to see they've added a pricing structure on their website, now, hopefully they'll email all their users about it as well.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused — For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Why didn't you mention this in his community add-ons thread so that users who are sent there from the add-ons marketplace can be sure to understand the true extent of the cost of this add-on?
    * GeekStorage.com, LLC - Offering awesome website hosting for over 9 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Pure SSD VPS * Managed Dedicated
    * Powered by Geeks... and SSD's! - You're in good hands, geek hands.
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

@StripeXS stole money from us

How quick was that made! Phew!

StripeXS has finally responded... sadly, via a lawyer:
    http://stripexsfraud.com/stripexs.jpg

Our two tickets were closed manually, and we've yet to hear from them via any other mediums.
    David

Thumbs down

Interesting... sure glad I found this thread. Was about to switch to StripeXS. Sure as hell not anymore, what a mistake that would have been!

I had ordered their 24 hour install and the ticket wen't unanswered for almost 3 days (and still unanswered as of this posting). Attempting to get a refund. Very disappointing, will never use Tekstorm and/or James Stewart again.

Hi and good evening, i have checked into the issue your have referred to in your post. You did order a 24hr installation, however if you refer to the terms of service. It states, the actual installation/upgrade is generally performed within 24 hours of having received accurate and complete information from you.

• The ticket requesting access information was initially opened on 27 Feb 2014 @ 1328.
    • You'd replied on 27 Feb 2014 @ 1333 with some access information.
    • You'd replied on 27 Feb 2014 @ 1815 with further information.
    • We'd replied to your ticket 28 Feb 2014 @ 0821 requesting further information required. While ionCube Loader installation/upgrades aren't a standard part of our StripeXS installation/upgrade, we'd offered to do it for you at no additional cost. The service you orderd was, specifically, for the installation/upgrade of StripeXS; ensuring that your server meets the requirements is your responsibility. However, as said, we'd offered and were willing to do the ionCube Loader upgrade for you at no additional cost.
    • You'd replied on 28 Feb 2014 @ 1029 with the requested access information.
    • You'd then replied on 28 Feb 2014 @ 1649, a mere 06h 20m from your previous reply wherein you'd provided the access information that we needed, requesting a refund for not having completed the service. Take note, this refund request was made a mere 6 hours and 20 minutes after provided the information that we needed to perform the service.

As per our service agreement, hours indicated are business hours. Given that, as per our contact page, Saturday/Sunday/holidays are off-days (exception being, technical support), 24 hours from the time you'd provided the information we needed to complete the service would be 03 Mar 2014.

I hope this answers all your questions and concerns, and we will fulfill the order as per the service agreement, thank you and have a good evening.

Quote Originally Posted by TekStorm - Walter View Post
    Hi and good evening, i have checked into the issue your have referred to in your post. You did order a 24hr installation, however if you refer to the terms of service. It states, the actual installation/upgrade is generally performed within 24 hours of having received accurate and complete information from you.

• The ticket requesting access information was initially opened on 27 Feb 2014 @ 1328.
    • You'd replied on 27 Feb 2014 @ 1333 with some access information.
    • You'd replied on 27 Feb 2014 @ 1815 with further information.
    • We'd replied to your ticket 28 Feb 2014 @ 0821 requesting further information required. While ionCube Loader installation/upgrades aren't a standard part of our StripeXS installation/upgrade, we'd offered to do it for you at no additional cost. The service you orderd was, specifically, for the installation/upgrade of StripeXS; ensuring that your server meets the requirements is your responsibility. However, as said, we'd offered and were willing to do the ionCube Loader upgrade for you at no additional cost.
    • You'd replied on 28 Feb 2014 @ 1029 with the requested access information.
    • You'd then replied on 28 Feb 2014 @ 1649, a mere 06h 20m from your previous reply wherein you'd provided the access information that we needed, requesting a refund for not having completed the service. Take note, this refund request was made a mere 6 hours and 20 minutes after provided the information that we needed to perform the service.

As per our service agreement, hours indicated are business hours. Given that, as per our contact page, Saturday/Sunday/holidays are off-days (exception being, technical support), 24 hours from the time you'd provided the information we needed to complete the service would be 03 Mar 2014.

I hope this answers all your questions and concerns, and we will fulfill the order as per the service agreement, thank you and have a good evening.
    TekStorm,

I see you found my post on WHT and posted a more detailed post on there than you did here with me. How rude. So I guess we should fight this out on WHT instead of here in the ticket?

Also, not sure what you're talking about. The ticket clearly shows the following timeline:

27th February 2014 (13:28) - Order/Ticket Opened
    27th February 2014 (13:33) - Accurate and Complete information provided
    28th February 2014 (08:21) - First response from TekStorm, additional information requested
    28th February 2014 (10:29) - Additional information supplied.
    --- 24hr SLA FAILED ---
    1st March 2014 (23:40) - First request for refund (no response from TekStorm aka James Stewart)
    2nd March 2014 (11:57) - Second request for refund
    3rd March 2014 (08:45) - Second response from TekStorm

Your website clearly states: " we're available 24/7 as-needed for consultations, repairs, support, etc." and it is under my judgement that this was a support issue which would classify under your "24/7" support.

Also you're stating 24 hours from 28 Feb 2014 would be today (03 Mar 2014), yes thats correct but the order was placed and information was provided on 27th February 2014 (13:28), meaning this should have been completed on 28 Feb 2014, and NOT 03 Mar 2014.

As the service has not been delivered in the appropriate time we are requesting a full refund so that we can both part ways. Just click the refund button James, its not that hard. There is no way you're getting access to our servers after I found http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1321074 and http://www.stripexsfraud.com.

-Karl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TekStorm-TSI-2014-IUI081.jpg   TekStorm-TSI-2014-TBA827.jpg  

@Eased,

Hi, first off Eased, i want to make it perfectly clear and stress the fact, i am not James, my name is Walter VP of networking. I am not here to fight, i seen your post and took it upon myself to see what was going on, and from my understanding and from what i have found out in looking into the issue, this is what it comes down too and i just want to make it clear.

The per-requisites and system requirements are your responsibility, not ours. It is your responsibility for ensuring that your system meets the minimum requirements. If it doesn't, it should be quite clear to anybody that we're unable to complete the installation until your system meets the requirements.

However, even though we didn't need to and could have simply told you that we couldn't do anything until you upgraded your system yourself, we'd offered to upgrade your ionCube Loader for you; outside of the service you'd ordered, at no additional cost.

With that said, WHT isn't our support system, i happened across your post and it seemed you wanted answers, which was not an invitation to battle. This reply is to clear things up for you and for anybody that reads it, Feel free to contact us directly, during our business hours. However, we have no intention to continue this conversation with you here, due to the simple fact that i am not in technical support.

Thank you, and have a good day.
    Last edited by TekStorm - Walter; 03-03-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Thumbs down

@TekStorm - Walter

The per-requisites and system requirements are your responsibility, not ours. It is your responsibility for ensuring that your system meets the minimum requirements. If it doesn't, it should be quite clear to anybody that we're unable to complete the installation until your system meets the requirements.
    No where on your website (at the time of this posting) are there any listed prerequisites and system requirements of StripeXS, so how I was magically supposed to know what these are is baffling. Secondly we do have ionCube installed and up to the latest version compatible with cPanel. So your argument is invalid. It was a nice gesture to offer the upgrade for free.

I am not here to fight, i seen your post and took it upon myself to see what was going on, and from my understanding and from what i have found out in looking into the issue, this is what it comes down too and i just want to make it clear.
    i happened across your post and it seemed you wanted answers, which was not an invitation to battle. This reply is to clear things up for you and for anybody that reads it
    Walter, I was looking for answers and the way you posted was an invitation to battle as you were clearly defending your side of the story including referencing your service agreement. Not sure how you expected me to respond to your post other than how I did, look at this situation from my point of view and try and tell me I am in the wrong. Your claim of "I am not here to fight" is just pathetic especially given the other content in this thread and both your replies it is clear that you are here to fight.

If WHT is not your support platform then how come you replied to my post here first and I saw nothing of this in my tickets? I was responding to the ticket and decide to check this post first and saw your detailed response. It seemed like my post here got more attention than my actual support tickets.

However, we have no intention to continue this conversation with you here, due to the simple fact that i am not in technical support.
    You just stated that you were the Vice President of Network Operations which would indicate you are in technical support.

Just refund the payment please. Just put an end to it. Why try and carry this on?

Thanks...

TekStorm Inc / James Stewart SCAM

Well some new developments. I went ahead and did a chargeback since these guy's obviously were not going to refund my payment since the service was not delivered and they feel they are in the right somehow. I also found they left a FraudRecord report on me. Now isn't that funny. The amount of hassle these guys will go through just to scam you of $30 is ridiculous!

Furthermore I found that they modified my tickets in their favor! Glad I posted the screencaps of the ticket earlier, as they decided to modify it and remove and edit certain bits.

All I can say is stay clear of anything to do with James Stewart / www.stew721.ca and TekStorm Inc AT ALL COSTS. Very shady company! Should be considered scammers.

@TekStorm - Walter

Quote Originally Posted by Eased View Post
    Well some new developments. I went ahead and did a chargeback since these guy's obviously were not going to refund my payment since the service was not delivered and they feel they are in the right somehow. I also found they left a FraudRecord report on me. Now isn't that funny. The amount of hassle these guys will go through just to scam you of $30 is ridiculous!

Furthermore I found that they modified my tickets in their favor! Glad I posted the screencaps of the ticket earlier, as they decided to modify it and remove and edit certain bits.

All I can say is stay clear of anything to do with James Stewart / www.stew721.ca and TekStorm Inc AT ALL COSTS. Very shady company! Should be considered scammers.

@TekStorm - Walter
    If that happened, that's pretty ridiculous. If I were you I would contact Stripe and alert them to these practices and provide them proof, they'll likely have something in place to deal with these types of associated vendors.

Thumbs down TekStorm Inc / James Stewart / StripeXS / Stew721.ca - Modified Support Tickets

@Jay H, oh it happened. Checkout the attached screenshot and compare to the one I uploaded in my earlier post. You can see a number of changes to the ticket (which I have annotated) which they did at an unknown date, probably once they got notified of the chargeback. So in an attempt to win the chargeback they changed the situation and responses in their favor. If that's not criminal, I don't know what is.

They are now just closing my tickets without responses, James Stewart / TekStorm is clearly uninterested in any type of satisfactory resolution.

I have notified the bank of what has been going on. I've also had FraudRecord remove the falsified fraud report they left for me. I want to send a shout out to the guys over at FraudRecord for being so helpful in this situation.

At this point I'm just glad that I didn't switch to StripeXS/TekStorm, and it wasn't for more than $30! I hope others who are considering the road I went, consider thinking twice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MODIFIED-TICKET.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Eased View Post
    @Jay H, oh it happened. Checkout the attached screenshot and compare to the one I uploaded in my earlier post. You can see a number of changes to the ticket (which I have annotated) which they did at an unknown date, probably once they got notified of the chargeback. So in an attempt to win the chargeback they changed the situation and responses in their favor. If that's not criminal, I don't know what is.

They are now just closing my tickets without responses, James Stewart / TekStorm is clearly uninterested in any type of satisfactory resolution.

I have notified the bank of what has been going on. I've also had FraudRecord remove the falsified fraud report they left for me. I want to send a shout out to the guys over at FraudRecord for being so helpful in this situation.

At this point I'm just glad that I didn't switch to StripeXS/TekStorm, and it wasn't for more than $30! I hope others who are considering the road I went, consider thinking twice.
    I'm glad to hear that you were able to get things sorted by going around them. I'd still recommend contacting Stripe and let them know what happened, they probably can help prevent this from happening to someone else.

We used StripeXS module by James until they moved to the new pricing structure of which I got emails about, not sure if others did but I clearly did.

James happily refunded us for the time left (I think it was semi-annual) that was unused when we said we were unhappy with the changes and ask for pro-rata refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivid View Post
    We used StripeXS module by James until they moved to the new pricing structure of which I got emails about, not sure if others did but I clearly did.

James happily refunded us for the time left (I think it was semi-annual) that was unused when we said we were unhappy with the changes and ask for pro-rata refund.
    Curious, mind letting me know the date it was received, and what the content of the email contained (you can paste it here)?
    I had never received any email with pricing in it, or, any reference to it being billed per transaction.
    David

Hi, which module did you replace this with?

im dead in the water, tekstorm.ca is down, stripexs license won't validate. cant reach james.

As per suggestions I did contact Stripe regarding this issue. Here is their official response:

Thanks very much for your patience here. One of our highest priorities is ensuring a simple pricing structure is clear to all of our users before and during their time with Stripe. I'm sorry you've had a negative experience here and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

The Stripe Connect application was designed to allow marketplaces like StripeXS to charge users in this way — by taking a fee from each transaction rather than a monthly fee — though it's clear that StripeXS could have better handled a change in their pricing structure. I want to be clear that this is not what Stripe expects of its marketplace users, but unfortunately StripeXS is acting within the bounds of the Connect application.

We've removed all references to Tekstorm on our website, and thus won't be recommending StripeXS to future users. While there isn't much we can do about StripeXS's previous behavior, we would like to ensure that future Stripe users don't have the same experience you did.

I'm very sorry you've run into this issue with StripeXS and I'd encourage you to reach out to WHMCS to develop an official Stripe payment module. I see there are other add-ons available, but I can understand any hesitation in utilizing one of those.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.

Best,
    Emerson
    We are using the open source / free Stripe payment gateway from ServerPing. http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/962/St...t-Gateway.html

Although if WHMCS had an official stripe module this situation could have been avoided altogether... UPVOTE IT!

I cant believe how easy that was to switch modules. Thanks!