Which VPS provide SSD accelerated drive?

I know http://www.vps-node.com/openvz-vps-xen-vps-servers

Then there is wiredtree.com which I have used.

Anything else?

Which one will you recommend. I do need huge space though. I wonder why space is so scarce on VPS given that it's only SSD accelerated rather than true SSD
    Last edited by hardjoko; 11-11-2013 at 01:20 AM.

If you go to Webhostingtalk.com then look for the offers section towards the bottom of the page. You'll see "VPS hosting offers". That's where you then search for SSD VPS's.

Cheers,

Thomas

How much is "huge" roughly?

Try RamNode.

SSD caching and pure SSD storage is becoming more and more common these days, but beware that this does not automatically mean better performance. For the provider, it can be merely a selling point and a tool for them to be able to support more customers per node. So even with pure SSD storage or SSD cached storage, your disk performance may be the same as it would be using a provider without such a feature.

RamNode's disks are fast, so that's worth looking into as someone mentioned above.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

Quote Originally Posted by MannDude View Post
    SSD caching and pure SSD storage is becoming more and more common these days, but beware that this does not automatically mean better performance. For the provider, it can be merely a selling point and a tool for them to be able to support more customers per node. So even with pure SSD storage or SSD cached storage, your disk performance may be the same as it would be using a provider without such a feature.

I agree on this. So, it will still depend on how the providers offer this and if they do oversell or not.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Thanks for the mentions, guys. I would just add that type of RAID really matters with pure SSD hosting as well. You'll see anything from software RAID, to HW RAID1, to 5, to 10. Maybe even RAID 0, but that seems like a gamble on the host's end
    RamNode - #1 SSD VPS
    High Performance SSD and SSD-Cached VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - 1Gbps - IPv6 - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Get your super fast VPS today! - www.ramnode.com

SSD-cached is common method of setup now a day while waiting the price drop of SSD in coming future.
    Any host with such setup should have no problem to offer you with more space, depends on your actual requirements.
    ControlVM.com :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

I should have also added that SSD-caching can come in many forms and sizes. Multiple RAID options and cache capacities.
    RamNode - #1 SSD VPS

Ramnode is literally the best type of boxes I've ever purchased. I would try them out OP.

If you are open to suggestion I would say check out Ubiquity's cloud servers which all offer SSD drives and great. Something to think about if its an option. Best of luck in your search OP.

With RamNode you can also check DigitalOcean.com
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Seems that SSD-cache or auto hybrid is definitely your best option.
    Certainly if you need huge space.

Both Pure SSD and SSD Acceleration/Caching can be abused by the host. I today's time you do not know what you are getting until you try the provider.

Make sure who ever you choose has some type of money back guarantee and is a reputable provider here on WHT.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

I currently uses dedicated server. Let's just say disk speed is a key. Without SSD my server would hit 100% CPU usage at no time (and crash) latter.

SSD is awefully expensive even on fdcservers.net. They don't even provide higher SSD size by default and we need to order. Otherwise they're good though.
    I would need something along 250 GB -500GB space at say $50-$100 a month. Ramnode provide full SSD for much not much more.

Correction: Ramnode provides okay SSD, they do provide generous SSD space. Let me take a look.

Ramnode seems to have limited bandwidth issue. Actually if bandwidth overcharge is reasonable I do not care. How do I know how much they charge extra for bandwidth?
    Last edited by hardjoko; 11-12-2013 at 12:38 AM.

How about you contact them, maybe they can give special deal to you.

Quote Originally Posted by hardjoko View Post
    Ramnode seems to have limited bandwidth issue. Actually if bandwidth overcharge is reasonable I do not care. How do I know how much they charge extra for bandwidth?
    We offer additional 1000GB allocations for $4/mo. I personally think our bandwidth allocations are already large at the price point (coupons factored in), but I'm biased
    RamNode - #1 SSD VPS

Ramnode seems awesome. 250 GB space for $60.

The issue is do they come with cpanel?

Quote Originally Posted by hardjoko View Post
    Ramnode seems awesome. 250 GB space for $60.

The issue is do they come with cpanel?
    I do not believe they do, however most VPS providers offer cPanel at an additional cost or you can use your own license key if you order one from a 3rd party.

There are also a handful of decent free control panels out there that aren't too bad.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

In my opinion there are 3 factors which are responsible for great performance
    1) CPU
    2) Hard Disk Speed
    3) Network Connectivity.

Nowdays network connectivity of 1gbps has become very common and if you site is equipped with lots of js ( Javascript) so then most of the processing would be done at the clients end.

On the other hand, if you site has lots of sql queries going on where then ssd would come into the picture where lots of read and writes needs to be done.

And in case you using vps for zip, archiving or converting something from txt to csv or excel to json. You probably need bigger cpus.

So think before you buy, you need to understand the backround of the application which you going to host on vps. How big is sql size or what kind of people or application you going to run.

All the best !
    CFG Web Hosting Company, Haryana, India
    Premium CDN Based cPanel Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Follow Twitter:@cfghosting - www.cfg.co.in - +91.8988113379

Quote Originally Posted by cfgguy View Post
    In my opinion there are 3 factors which are responsible for great performance
    1) CPU
    2) Hard Disk Speed
    3) Network Connectivity.
    Where is memory / RAM
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by ravi_9793 View Post
    Where is memory / RAM
    Yes Ram as well! Thanks
    CFG Web Hosting Company, Haryana, India
    Premium CDN Based cPanel Hosting & Dedicated Servers
    Follow Twitter:@cfghosting - www.cfg.co.in - +91.8988113379