Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Blesta anyone?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,054

    Blesta anyone?

    How is Blesta? I just downloaded trial installing it now. Wondering how this will go and if its better than WHMcs..

    I will like to hear feedback from you guys on how you think blesta is and do you prefer it over WHMcs.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    89

    Blesta

    Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    How is Blesta? I just downloaded trial installing it now. Wondering how this will go and if its better than WHMcs..

    I will like to hear feedback from you guys on how you think blesta is and do you prefer it over WHMcs.
    We recently made the switch.

    It's VERY far behind WHMCS but this may change in the future. Many features are lacking and the ones it does have are fairly hard to find .

    Better to have no exploits than be able to add a KB.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,054
    So is it much more secured than WHMcs?

    I don't think I'll have any problems, I didn't use to much features WHMcs had to offer hopefully this i just basic for me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    5,387
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    So is it much more secured than WHMcs?

    I don't think I'll have any problems, I didn't use to much features WHMcs had to offer hopefully this i just basic for me.
    According to two security experts it is, and the guys work so hard on making it secure, better and more.

    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...&postcount=183
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...2&postcount=14

    I personally love Blesta myself and switched during the Beta patch 7, and wouldn't look back.

  5. #5

    Re: Blesta anyone?

    Regarding feature, you can add it by customizing code. Just three files are encoded. But in whmcs they encoded all core files. Thats another advantage of blesta. As a programmer I like blesta over whmcs.
    The coder.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Top Secret
    Posts
    11,686
    Do you already have a WHMCS intall? Then don't bother with Blesta, since they can't be bothered to do a proper importer.

    If you're looking at a fresh install, it might work

    From the admin side, it's drastically different (and this is not good). They focus on confusion, as opposed to straight out placing things where they should be.
    A perfect example of this is plugins and modules. There's no need for them to be separate, there's no real clear definition of which is which, but they choose confusion, as opposed to placing things together for ease of access.

    Example #2 of this? Domain purchases, especially via logicboxes. Talk about a complete mess.

    If you want to have to dig for things, with no documentation, and fanboys that want to attack simply because you have an opinion about their software, then by all means, Blesta is for you, but be prepared for a steep learning curve, with zero support or documentation
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Portugal - My Paradise
    Posts
    224
    WHMCS: vulnerable, easy, powerful, popular, cheap,
    BLESTA: poor, lack of resources, strange, confused, cheap, heavy

    Maybe you can try:
    Clientexec: easy, powerful, cheap, not many resources, v5 expected
    Hostbill: easy, powerful, expensive, buged, no support, unstable company
    ▄▀▄ Offshore Dedicated Servers
    ▄▀▄ Keep your privacy!
    ▄▀▄ Europe Servers with DDoS Protection
    ▄▀▄ www.evoluso.com / [email protected] / SKYPE: evoluso.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Top Secret
    Posts
    11,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualter View Post
    Clientexec: easy, powerful, cheap, not many resources, v5 expected
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to CE v5. We'll see if it resolves the issues I had with logicboxes/reseller . I'm told it should.

    Right now, the industry is in dire need of something to come in and topple the current reigning client. None of the alternatives (as of now) have that capability, but there's at least one that's in development that might. We'll just have to wait and see, hoping the sloppiness of WHMCS holds out just a bit longer
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    California, USA, Earth
    Posts
    1,049
    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    Do you already have a WHMCS intall? Then don't bother with Blesta, since they can't be bothered to do a proper importer.
    Your experience with the importer is the exception, not the norm and it's a work in progress released on our forums as a beta. We spent a lot of time on the importer, and it's more complete than any other out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    From the admin side, it's drastically different (and this is not good). They focus on confusion, as opposed to straight out placing things where they should be.
    A perfect example of this is plugins and modules. There's no need for them to be separate, there's no real clear definition of which is which, but they choose confusion, as opposed to placing things together for ease of access.
    It is different, and it takes some time to get use to. We think it's actually less confusing, and more straight forward

    Plugins and modules do very different things. Modules are for provisioning, and service management. Plugins create new pages, or widgets, and add to the core functionality.

    Since they serve different purposes, it makes sense for them to be separate.

    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    If you want to have to dig for things, with no documentation, and fanboys that want to attack simply because you have an opinion about their software, then by all means, Blesta is for you, but be prepared for a steep learning curve, with zero support or documentation
    I don't know why you keep saying this, it couldn't be further from the truth. There is support and there is documentation, saying there is zero documentation, and zero support is patently false.

    I can understand if Blesta isn't for you, but you have an obligation to be honest about what you post here.
    Blesta - Professional Billing Software
    Innovation that benefits the user experience
    Trial - Demo | 866.478.7567 | Twitter @blesta

  10. #10

    Re: Blesta anyone?

    As a developer, I was able to get quick reply from blesta team via forum. Also my client, who use blesta gets quick replies. I hope it will be so for othets too.
    The coder.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Top Secret
    Posts
    11,686
    Quote Originally Posted by pphillips View Post
    Your experience with the importer is the exception
    Not so much.
    There are others that have said the same thing, with the amount of time it takes, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by pphillips View Post
    We think it's actually less confusing, and more straight forward
    Riiiight, because having to go dozens of different places to get something done is 'less confusing'.
    Quote Originally Posted by pphillips View Post
    you have an obligation to be honest about what you post here.
    And, you don't get to call someone a liar just because they post unfavorable reviews of your product. By the same token, you don't get to post your opinion as 'honest' just because you feel it is.

    The facts
    Blesta lacks documentation for it's current implementation (by your own admission)

    Blesta takes forever and a day to actually migrate data (20+ minutes for my own install is far too much), due to the way data is spread across multiple tables, instead of kept together.

    Spreading things across multiple areas (ie: plugins, modules) only serves to confuse the masses. Requiring individuals to guess where their registrar module is (ie: logicboxes), again, further confusing issues.

    I understand you think it's not confusing, and you think it's easier, but when it comes down to it, you're just as biased as I am here. Your product, as a whole, from back to front is confusing, frustrating, and lacks documentation. I'm not the only one that's said this in this thread, you might want to look to someone other than regular users for feedback.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Portugal - My Paradise
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    Not so much.
    There are others that have said the same thing, with the amount of time it takes, etc.


    Riiiight, because having to go dozens of different places to get something done is 'less confusing'.

    And, you don't get to call someone a liar just because they post unfavorable reviews of your product. By the same token, you don't get to post your opinion as 'honest' just because you feel it is.

    The facts
    Blesta lacks documentation for it's current implementation (by your own admission)

    Blesta takes forever and a day to actually migrate data (20+ minutes for my own install is far too much), due to the way data is spread across multiple tables, instead of kept together.

    Spreading things across multiple areas (ie: plugins, modules) only serves to confuse the masses. Requiring individuals to guess where their registrar module is (ie: logicboxes), again, further confusing issues.

    I understand you think it's not confusing, and you think it's easier, but when it comes down to it, you're just as biased as I am here. Your product, as a whole, from back to front is confusing, frustrating, and lacks documentation. I'm not the only one that's said this in this thread, you might want to look to someone other than regular users for feedback.
    We have the same opinion.
    We also went by feedback from fanboys, one month later, after all the tests on Blesta, we find that the best option would be to sell the license, since it was not useful to us. A system as confusing, orderpages so confused. When a customer going to orderpage to make the purchase of a product, it would have to take a training course. I will not even comment on the configuration orderpage is also necessary to take an intensive training..

    My Opinion.
    ▄▀▄ Offshore Dedicated Servers
    ▄▀▄ Keep your privacy!
    ▄▀▄ Europe Servers with DDoS Protection
    ▄▀▄ www.evoluso.com / [email protected] / SKYPE: evoluso.com

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    California, USA, Earth
    Posts
    1,049
    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    And, you don't get to call someone a liar just because they post unfavorable reviews of your product. By the same token, you don't get to post your opinion as 'honest' just because you feel it is.
    We both have opinions, sure.. but when you say something that is completely false, it's no longer an opinion. That's what you did when you said there is zero documentation, zero support.

    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    The facts
    Blesta lacks documentation for it's current implementation (by your own admission)
    Yep, it's a work in progress, but there is documentation. Does this mean you're going to stop telling people there is zero documentation, zero support?

    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    Blesta takes forever and a day to actually migrate data (20+ minutes for my own install is far too much), due to the way data is spread across multiple tables, instead of kept together.
    Having a normalized database is a good thing, that's how it's suppose to be.. and it doesn't contribute to the "slowness" of the importer.

    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    I understand you think it's not confusing, and you think it's easier, but when it comes down to it, you're just as biased as I am here. Your product, as a whole, from back to front is confusing, frustrating, and lacks documentation. I'm not the only one that's said this in this thread, you might want to look to someone other than regular users for feedback.
    You are entitled to your opinions, just as I am, and everyone else here. People's opinions help us improve, and we welcome that. I just hope you can see the difference between something that is completely, verifiably wrong, and an opinion.
    Blesta - Professional Billing Software
    Innovation that benefits the user experience
    Trial - Demo | 866.478.7567 | Twitter @blesta

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    5,387
    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    Not so much.
    There are others that have said the same thing, with the amount of time it takes, etc.

    Riiiight, because having to go dozens of different places to get something done is 'less confusing'.
    Well if someone has issues using Blesta they need to go back to school. Why? It's easier to use, oh you need a module to make a product like a VPS / Hosting you'd go to the modules because it's a Extention to do something. Oh you need a order system, you go to a plugin because it's a option extra.

    To make a order form, comeon you make Packages, what do they need a group? Why to put all the same type or products in the same section... What is needed next? Oh yeah a order form to ORDER it. Ah in the same section the Packages. Now if that's rocket science, I must be officially a genius.

    Oh yeah you need a support system? Right let's go to the modules, install it, because not everyone needs it... now we need the departments for people to post the tickets to. Support > Departments, that was easy. Now they need some staff, because not all our staff are support staff, Support > Staff > Add user.. How the hell is that hard?

    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    And, you don't get to call someone a liar just because they post unfavorable reviews of your product. By the same token, you don't get to post your opinion as 'honest' just because you feel it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    The facts
    Blesta lacks documentation for it's current implementation (by your own admission)
    You are lying though, they've done their best on the forum to help you, even though it was a few issues on your end, oh no that's not your fault, it has to be the developers of Blesta. They have documentation it's on their website: http://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Overview Yes it's not completed but that's there the (Support) forums come in, people help others on there and the developers are on there daily.

    They also have video tutorials on their site (Blog) if you know where to look: http://videos.blesta.com/ If that doesn't make lifer easier I don't know what can.


    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    Blesta takes forever and a day to actually migrate data (20+ minutes for my own install is far too much), due to the way data is spread across multiple tables, instead of kept together.
    Did Blesta make WHMCS? No so how the hell is that their fault? And if it's that slow, give your server some more RAM as it could be that issue. No probably not, it has to be Blesta!

    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    Spreading things across multiple areas (ie: plugins, modules) only serves to confuse the masses. Requiring individuals to guess where their registrar module is (ie: logicboxes), again, further confusing issues.
    Logicboxes, people who use the system would know it was Logicboxes by the style, and documentation they have at the registrar, only 3 known registrar's use it: ResellerClub, ResellBiz and NetEarthOne. Sorry WHMCS has one for each one doesn't it, even though you can enter ResellerClub information in the ResellBiz one and it works. Let's have more clutter.

    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    I understand you think it's not confusing, and you think it's easier, but when it comes down to it, you're just as biased as I am here. Your product, as a whole, from back to front is confusing, frustrating, and lacks documentation. I'm not the only one that's said this in this thread, you might want to look to someone other than regular users for feedback.
    You only used their trial, and you complain about every billing system out there...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Past North
    Posts
    728
    I have to agree that Blesta is very confusing. Just to get it setup and working was a pain. I was really looking forward to using it, but ended up selling it off.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Top Secret
    Posts
    11,686
    Quote Originally Posted by pphillips View Post
    We both have opinions, sure.. but when you say something that is completely false, it's no longer an opinion. That's what you did when you said there is zero documentation, zero support.
    In my case, there is and was. Again, just because you want to say it's false doesn't make it so. Again, as well, you're biased. Let's look at how things went down, shall we?

    #1: Posts made in importer thread
    #2: Waited
    #3: Posts after mine answered by your team and addressed
    #4: Waited more
    #5: Posts still got answered by your team and addressed.
    #6: Finally gave up, posted that I was doing so (1-2 days after post with results)
    #7: Got attacked because I pointed out that your team wasn't responding.

    Yeah, that's the way you want to keep (or in my case, obtain) customers, right? Just ignore them




    Quote Originally Posted by pphillips View Post
    Having a normalized database is a good thing, that's how it's suppose to be.. and it doesn't contribute to the "slowness" of the importer.
    This is not a 'normalized database' by any means. This is you, spreading out data across multiple tables, instead of condensing it in one , where it should be. That you claim "this doesn't contribute to slowness of the importer" just proves the point that you guys really have no clue. I'm sorry, but that's just reality here.

    Looking at the vast differences between tables (customers, invoices, products), the massive increase in overhead from WHMCS to Blesta, that's exactly where the slowdown is coming from. Like I've said in the past, I know exactly what I'm doing when it comes to this. I study this stuff and make importers all the time. Just because you don't want to admit the flaw doesn't mean it doesn't exist


    Quote Originally Posted by pphillips View Post
    we welcome that.
    Actually, not so much. Your statements in this thread have pretty much shown that you not only reject change, or someone with an opinion other than your own, but you inject your own opinion as truth.

    I did a very quick (as in 10 minute) comparison here. You may claim that your 'normalized database' is good, but you're talking massive changes, spreading data across massive tables, and yes, that's where your overhead is coming from. I'm not going to say I haven't seen worse (magento is absolutely HORRIBLE for imports), but you're at the bottom of the list there for condensing data, for minimizing impact on users, and for actually getting the job done faster and better.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    State of Disbelief
    Posts
    22,951
    Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    you need a module to make a product like a VPS / Hosting you'd go to the modules because it's a Extention to do something. Oh you need a order system, you go to a plugin because it's a option extra.
    And yet every other product doesn't need that additional effort. WHMCS: Setup->product->setup form. You create the product, fill out the tabs and it's done. No special module, no separate order form and so on.
    If you think Blesta is simpler based on that comparison, I don't know what to think.
    Now if that's rocket science, I must be officially a genius.
    Just because you like it and find it easy doesn't mean everyone else does. It takes getting used to. Lots of it.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Parañaque
    Posts
    121
    I too am confused with the way blesta is supposed to work. Good thing is that the source code is not encoded so im now customizing it like crazy to make it more user friendly for my customers. But on the other hand the reason why i bought a license (though through someone here at wht not directly at blesta) is so that i could just pay for what i need and not be bothered with coding my own system.

    I still havent put it into production yet as im still tinkering with it. It is fun, yes. But i know i still have much better use of my time :-s
    Awesome signature

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    10,039
    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    In my case, there is and was. Again, just because you want to say it's false doesn't make it so. Again, as well, you're biased. Let's look at how things went down, shall we?

    #1: Posts made in importer thread
    #2: Waited
    #3: Posts after mine answered by your team and addressed
    #4: Waited more
    #5: Posts still got answered by your team and addressed.
    #6: Finally gave up, posted that I was doing so (1-2 days after post with results)
    #7: Got attacked because I pointed out that your team wasn't responding.

    Yeah, that's the way you want to keep (or in my case, obtain) customers, right? Just ignore them





    This is not a 'normalized database' by any means. This is you, spreading out data across multiple tables, instead of condensing it in one , where it should be. That you claim "this doesn't contribute to slowness of the importer" just proves the point that you guys really have no clue. I'm sorry, but that's just reality here.

    Looking at the vast differences between tables (customers, invoices, products), the massive increase in overhead from WHMCS to Blesta, that's exactly where the slowdown is coming from. Like I've said in the past, I know exactly what I'm doing when it comes to this. I study this stuff and make importers all the time. Just because you don't want to admit the flaw doesn't mean it doesn't exist



    Actually, not so much. Your statements in this thread have pretty much shown that you not only reject change, or someone with an opinion other than your own, but you inject your own opinion as truth.

    I did a very quick (as in 10 minute) comparison here. You may claim that your 'normalized database' is good, but you're talking massive changes, spreading data across massive tables, and yes, that's where your overhead is coming from. I'm not going to say I haven't seen worse (magento is absolutely HORRIBLE for imports), but you're at the bottom of the list there for condensing data, for minimizing impact on users, and for actually getting the job done faster and better.
    Let's be honest instead of posting complete rubbish or are you forgetting the language and attitude you used on the Blesta forums. Your now starting to become a troll based on what your saying because most of it is far from the truth. Blesta is simply a script the server environment as you previously noticed takes into consideration here.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    5,387
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    And yet every other product doesn't need that additional effort. WHMCS: Setup->product->setup form. You create the product, fill out the tabs and it's done. No special module, no separate order form and so on.
    If you think Blesta is simpler based on that comparison, I don't know what to think.
    Just because you like it and find it easy doesn't mean everyone else does. It takes getting used to. Lots of it.
    Ok mate, it might not be easier for some people, but if you go to a supermarket for your shopping, the first thing you do is look at the signs for the aisle to walk down. Same with Blesta.

    Shop look for the sign which says tea / coffee.

    Blesta you look for the section it is in too.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Top Secret
    Posts
    11,686
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    It takes getting used to. Lots of it.
    Exactly.
    To add to this, one of my larger clients right now, I do billing for. With thousands of invoices and clients in their system, there's just no way this would ever work for them. Hell, they can't be bothered to figure out WHMCS, nor can their clients. 'Too hard' they say. This would be like rocket science to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    Let's be honest instead of posting complete rubbish or are you forgetting the language and attitude you used on the Blesta forums.
    Yes, let's take a look at that shall we. Waiting 1-2 days, patiently, posting only the problems experienced. Yeah, that's really 'language' and 'attitude'. The 'language' and 'attitude' came only after the frustration of sitting there with zero real support from Blesta on a critical issue. Zero real world support.


    Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    Your now starting to become a troll based on what your saying because most of it is far from the truth.
    Heaven forbid someone post real world experience then. Wait? I'm a troll because I posted the truth? Clearly, another fanboy in disguise here.


    My install experience has nothing to do with server setup, it just doesn't.. The slowness of their importer is all on the poor design of the software. See last post. I did a pretty quick comparison between blesta and WHMCS as far as tables used, and data ported over. It's NOT pretty at all.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    10,039
    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    Heaven forbid someone post real world experience then. Wait? I'm a troll because I posted the truth? Clearly, another fanboy in disguise here.
    Am actually referring to these links:

    You was already being problematic prior to importing any data maybe this is the reason why so many users was not inclined to help you but rather let you wait for the developers to address your issues which of course does take a couple of days at least since your not the only one they need to address and active development both of Blesta and the migrator is still proceeding.

    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    I did a pretty quick comparison between blesta and WHMCS as far as tables used, and data ported over. It's NOT pretty at all.
    WHMCS has a strange way of handling things such as "refunding an invoice" what exactly is a refunded invoice or a cancelled invoice? the correct way to handle this is either "edit, delete, void" there isn't a such thing of refunding an invoice even if it's refunded, void, cancelled or whatever else it still needs to be addressed within a double entry system for accounting. No matter how good your coding skills are you'll never get a clean 100% table up table match as both products are different, both use completely different terminology with WHMCS being fussy.
    Last edited by Server Management; 11-11-2013 at 06:39 PM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Top Secret
    Posts
    11,686
    Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    You was already being problematic
    If telling someone to stop, pointing out that I know how to install software, and that I had solved my own problem is being problematic, then you need a thicker skin.

    This only goes to prove the point though, not take away from it. If someone can't even get a trial version of software installed without headaches, there's a problem. While, yes, this was an issue with suhosin, guess what works perfectly with suhosin? Again, another flaw in the Blesta design. If you can't install something, then tell people why, rather than give vague references to garbage. What, you think people are going to have the knowledge (or capability) to go through each and every module, manually uninstalling them? Not so much. Luckily, I had the ability to simply deselect modules, and on a whim, threw out the one that could have been (was) the issue without having to recompile certain things

    Blesta does a module check before install. If this really was that much of a problem, it's not that hard to pull up the version of php and suhosin, then throw out a stop. Instead, the user is left to go on without a clue as to what the problem could actually be.

    Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    WHMCS being fussy.
    Yes, I guess everything else is 'fussy' too. I mean, CE, no problems, except for a few noted domain/cc plugin issues. Importing, however, nothing. I don't recall the exact time, but definitely under 20 minutes.
    Creating massive, multiple tables where not needed is design overhead.

    Looking through, there's 3-5 tables just per user, way more for a single invoice, about the same (3-5) per product/service .

    By comparison, WHMCS has 1 table for users, 2-3 for invoices, 1-2 for products and services.

    You can't say 'more is good' here, because it's not. 'More' adds to overhead. 'More' causes 20+ minute integrations, when it should take, tops 5-10 with a small install. 'More' is the issue
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    10,039
    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    If telling someone to stop, pointing out that I know how to install software, and that I had solved my own problem is being problematic, then you need a thicker skin.

    This only goes to prove the point though, not take away from it. If someone can't even get a trial version of software installed without headaches, there's a problem. While, yes, this was an issue with suhosin, guess what works perfectly with suhosin? Again, another flaw in the Blesta design. If you can't install something, then tell people why, rather than give vague references to garbage. What, you think people are going to have the knowledge (or capability) to go through each and every module, manually uninstalling them? Not so much. Luckily, I had the ability to simply deselect modules, and on a whim, threw out the one that could have been (was) the issue without having to recompile certain things
    Suhosin doesn't truly support anything greater than PHP 5.3 using it on anything greater is muchly a waste of time regardless if "other" scripts work with it or not. how much does it take for you to understand that?

    When people attempt to help you start using capital letters, telling them to basically piss off. This is not the type of attitude someone gives when there seeking help.

    Please just stop. if you don't have anything useful to add, just stop. You're not being 'helpful', you're being antagonistic and aggravating . Blaming 'the server' for a simple form problem is ridiculous.
    Then you solved the issue with:

    Solved my own problem. Suhosin was stopping this, though that shouldn't ever be stopping a valid script from installing or submitting data
    But if you was actually willing to take advice previously you would of known this was a server issue as mentioned before.

    Hence a user posted this:

    You left no alternatives when you incorrectly made assumptions and ignored help. Did you bother to look through your logs as suggested? Suhosin does what it is configured to do, it doesn't know what's valid or not. I would ask for you to post your rules to help future customers who use Suhosin.
    Last edited by Server Management; 11-11-2013 at 07:15 PM.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    5,387
    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    If someone can't even get a trial version of software installed without headaches, there's a problem. While, yes, this was an issue with suhosin, guess what works perfectly with suhosin? Again, another flaw in the Blesta design. If you can't install something, then tell people why, rather than give vague references to garbage.
    My parent's have always told me "You don't care to listen, try or anything unless it jumps out in front of your face and says "Hey I'm over here, or Hey this is the issue". But then all you seem to do is blame the product itself.
    Last edited by Licensecart-Mike; 11-11-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 08:59 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 04:35 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 02:59 PM
  4. blesta
    By selbach in forum Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 09:16 AM
  5. Any one using Blesta?
    By leanfarrell in forum Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 10:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •