sendmail: can't determine username

My email are not working from wordpress blog

When I try to send emails from wordpress blog then apache logs shows the error " sendmail: can't determine username ".

I am unable to reset the password because the email is not working.

Please provide me the exact solution on this issue, I want to solve this issue on server side. I do not want to use any external plugin.

Some googling got me this

If you need to change your password there are 6 or 7 ways there. Not just email password change

For sendmail to throw that error means it can't figure out what Unix user the web server process is running as. This likely means the user is not in /etc/passwd - perhaps this is a chrooted installation?

If you can't/don't want to figure out the sendmail problem, once you have reset your Wordpress password you could install a plugin to have Wordpress send mails using SMTP instead of by running the sendmail binary. I use a plugin called WP-Mail-SMTP for this.

Manchester VPS ║ UK KVM Virtualisation
    Run your own kernel ║

Choose a plugin then setup your smtp account to send mail, do not use the default smtp.

Is your website hosted on shared hosting server? If default PHP mail() does not work, you can use SMTP authentication plugin for your WordPress.
    || Web Hosting Blog - Web Hosting security & latest web hosting industry Announcements
    || Web Hosting Discussion - A Web Hosting community