Craigslist for Advertising - What do you think?

I'm having a bit of trouble advertising locally. It seems like no matter how hard I push my local community, they're uninterested. Is craigslist a viable option to post advertisements on? It seems like it could work, but has anyone done it here? If so, what has been the result?

Quote Originally Posted by Calmon View Post
    I'm having a bit of trouble advertising locally. It seems like no matter how hard I push my local community, they're uninterested. Is craigslist a viable option to post advertisements on? It seems like it could work, but has anyone done it here? If so, what has been the result?

Not worth it. Hosts on Craigs list are either trying to sell the world for nothing, or throw up really bad ads.

Not a good association.

I really do not think it will bring in any sales. It may bring in a lot of spam / people that try to offer you cash for cash in return like trying to pay with checks etc.. I really don't think its a good idea just a waist of time maybe.

Re: Craigslist for Advertising - What do you think?

I used to add in CL what i got wasn't sales but spam emails (tons of spams) then i delete that e-mail account.
    :thumbdown:
    Hosting for Wordpress Lovers
    Host with loves.

why you dont move to online ads ineated local, use WHT. it is 100% perfect.

Thanks for the input. Also, I do use WHT, I just don't see any benefit unless it's the day-of, or the day after I post. I am just looking for alternative ways to get into the eyes of the consumer.

best place is where webmasters go. scripts websites, webmaster forums.

Which is where I'm already advertising. Thanks.

We did not have much success with Craigslist. We found it is nearly impossible to stand out.

Does anyone else have any other techniques that they find better than craigslist and the obvious posting this forum?
    Faust Internet Services - Shared Web Hosting Solutions
    -Relaxed and reliable web hosting services with an emphasis on freedom of expression
    -Small and effective support team with a small-host atmosphere

I've also advertise in CL before, not so successful. Received a lot of spam emails instead and brings in less traffic.

I dont think so ,
    Because it is good selling/buying website .
    I dont think that you get web hosting customers from there

What is your marketing budget? Linkedin PPC ads are very affordable compared to Google Adwords. I would also highly recommend Facebook, if you're selling consumer-end hosting like shared hosting.

We have a separate business for shared hosting and it does well using only Google Adwords and word of mouth (it's been around a long time, and is established though).

I've also found a lot of success using traditional web presence/SEO, so integrating all of your media with your website. If you'd like more advice on web presence, PM me, I can probably offer a little insight.
    InfoRelay Online Systems, Inc.
    Colocation | Cloud | Data Centers | Bandwidth | Managed Services
    New York / Northern Virginia / Chicago / Dallas / Miami / Los Angeles / San Jose
    www.InfoRelay.com/Services/Data-Centers