Thread: Youhosting.com?

* Youhosting.com?

What are your views about youhosting reseller program, they offer free reseller hosting, Is it good a good idea to start a hosting business with them and leave them when you have some clients and move your site and clients and buy yourself a vps??

Its best to head over here:> http://www.freewebhostingtalk.com/

A bit late to ask when you are already using them.

Like NEQ3 - Sam said you are to head over to http://www.freewebhostingtalk.com/
    cPanel, CloudLinux, Softaculous ℵ Off Site Backups, Redundant DNS

Re: Youhosting.com?

The features and resources YouHosting is giving away for free are generous like they say by themselves. The only problem (and a very big one) is their server performance. Websites hosted by YouHosting are down almost every day and it's even hard to install a forum or blog because the website goes down because of too high resource usage.

Other than that YouHosting is good but I would use it only for providing free hosting. If you want to use it you should host free clients on YouHosting and paying customers on other servers.

Performance is one thing, but then you need add in that their network is dirty and their custom panel means that if you did want to use it as a startup then move it will not be very easy to do.

They have a neat control panel for a free host, but it's not that great. Downtime is all too common. You can spend a couple dollars more and get a bit more uptime with their paid host hosting24.com. They're fairly similar with uptime and resources allowed.
    █ █ █

I'd highly advise against it if you want to own a reputable brand.

Quote Originally Posted by GVH-Jon View Post
    For paid hosting I agree. You can sell hosting through your YH account, but it's not a good idea. Best to forward them to a paid brand. Nothing wrong with using them for free hosting though. Most users understand downtime and don't complain.
    █ █ █

If your going to run a business out of it i suggest not, it will be unfair for the clients
    Epidrive Webhosting Solutions - Premium Quality Hosting Made Affordable
    Berry Servers - The Most Affordable VPS Servers

It's really not recommended and it's unfair to the clients you get that will pay you for service that they get where their provider isn't even paying for the server.

Mow would you like to buy hosting from a person who is getting the hosting for free and then at the end of the day the hosting you as the client are paying for isn't even that good and has a lot of downtime. You'll have a lot of mad clients then.

If your going to open a hosting business to sell hosting for a fee then your best bet is to be legit and purchase yourself a server or reseller and go from there but don't offer service that you get for free for a price. It isn't nice and customers will get angry if they find out they are paying for free hosting in the long run. It would be a good idea if you hosting has great uptime what not.

What you should do is offer free hosting if anything and build yourself a newsletter / client do then purchase a decent reseller or server and have the option for your free clients to upgrade to paid hosting with a lot more benefits.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAsPie View Post
    YouHosting is good but I would use it only for providing free hosting. If you want to use it you should host free clients on YouHosting and paying customers on other servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by rits View Post
    You can sell hosting through your YH account, but it's not a good idea. Best to forward them to a paid brand. Nothing wrong with using them for free hosting though. Most users understand downtime and don't complain.
    That's what I am using it for; Free hosting.
    Quote Originally Posted by GVH-Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FrapHost View Post
    If your going to run a business out of it i suggest not, it will be unfair for the clients.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    It's really not recommended and it's unfair to the clients you get that will pay you for service that they get where their provider isn't even paying for the server.

Mow would you like to buy hosting from a person who is getting the hosting for free and then at the end of the day the hosting you as the client are paying for isn't even that good and has a lot of downtime. You'll have a lot of mad clients then.

If your going to open a hosting business to sell hosting for a fee then your best bet is to be legit and purchase yourself a server or reseller and go from there but don't offer service that you get for free for a price. It isn't nice and customers will get angry if they find out they are paying for free hosting in the long run. It would be a good idea if you hosting has great uptime what not.
    I have not planned to sell hosting from youhosting and I will never run a business out of Youhosting because I haven't purchased hosting from them, how can I sell it

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    What you should do is offer free hosting if anything and build yourself a newsletter / client do then purchase a decent reseller or server and have the option for your free clients to upgrade to paid hosting with a lot more benefits.
    This is Exactly What I have planned
    Last edited by Wali Dahot; 11-12-2013 at 11:36 AM.

I joined them and without even sharing my site, users started to join my site. I then shared my site on social media, I was getting 2 to 3 signups a day. After almost a month, I googled my site and found one of my subdomain(created by a user) was listed in blacklist in cleantalk.org with lot of people reporting it as spam. I then searched site:mysite.tld on google and found that almost every subdomain was involved in spamming. I then signed into my youhosting to see who uses my website and found that leaving two all were spam bots. I have cancelled my account with them almost three months ago, but whenever I start a forum on forum.mysite.tld(just to test), before I can even complete setup of forum, dozens of spambots register on forum and post dozens of spam posts.
    So my advice to all persons who are thinking to open an account with, STAY away from them. Either they have very simple captcha(it is) that spambots easily manage to register or they have a lot of spambots, so when someone registers they send all the spambots to register on that site. As they say you get what you pay for but they are not even worth it to spend even a minute with them.