Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by youser View Post
    Can you be more specific?
    He's asking why you think the threat of litigation isn't a threat

And by asking I mean it was a rhetorical question. Did you really expect to still receive service after beginning litigation? Even a first year law student could tell you the first thing you do during litigation is shut down all other communication (including forum posts about it...)
    Last edited by Afterburst-Jack; 11-09-2013 at 12:00 PM.
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Flapadar View Post
    He's asking why you think the threat of litigation isn't a threat

And by asking I mean it was a rhetorical question. Did you really expect to still receive service after beginning litigation? Even a first year law student could tell you the first thing you do during litigation is shut down all other communication (including forum posts about it...)
    I am not a laywer.

To answer your question, I haven't start using the account when I spoke about the legal action. Never logged into the account after the purchase though(that's related to the issue what I had). I clearly told the service provider that I won't use the service until I get answer to my request which I mentioned in the original post. And 9 days of their last reply, they suddenly came up with this termination thing.

I don't mind about the termination, but I am angry about violating my rights. I am loosing the money which I paid.

The real question is about the violation of my rights and the money I paid. Why would they keep my money and cancel the account?
      0 Not allowed!

I am not a laywer.

To answer your question, I haven't start using the account when I spoke about the legal action. Never logged into the account after the purchase though. I clearly told the service provider that I won't use the service until I get answer to my request which I mentioned in the original post. And 9 days of their last reply, they suddenly came up with this termination thing.

I don't mind about the termination, but I am angry about violating my rights. I am loosing the money which I paid. Is this okay not to pay the amount which they don't want to provide the service for?
    What was your request?
      0 Not allowed!

What was your request?
    My straight question- What would you do knowing that?
      0 Not allowed!

My straight question- What would you do knowing that?
    Everyone reading this thread would know why you made a legal threat. Right now all anyone sees is that you did and were surprised your host cut you off.

Why you made the threat is key to whether or not you should be surprised things went the way they did.
      0 Not allowed!

Everyone reading this thread would know why you made a legal threat. Right now all anyone sees is that you did and were surprised your host cut you off.

Why you made the threat is key to whether or not you should be surprised things went the way they did.
    Well! Why would you think that publicizing all the details is necessary? Do you know why did I hide the company name?

I went on answering all your questions and you expect more. Any reason for that?

I wonder you are pretty excited and started making your own assumptions. Pipe down!!!
      0 Not allowed!

good job, do not answer the question.

Better to keep your self quiet and let people assume you to be a fool. The first 2 pages you spoke up and proved it.
      0 Not allowed!

No ones saying "fool" people just want to know why the person is taking a legal advice etc to help more

Quote Originally Posted by AHFBWEB View Post
    good job, do not answer the question.

Better to keep your self quiet and let people assume you to be a fool. The first 2 pages you spoke up and proved it.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HosteUK View Post
    No ones saying "fool" people just want to know why the person is taking a legal advice etc to help more
    I am saying it. His entire posting history is revolved around little games. Every post he makes shows nothing but pure foolishness.

It is time to close the thread and protect the kid from himself.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

The whole thread is a mistake. The thought process behind it is a mistake.
    I am saying it. His entire posting history is revolved around little games. Every post he makes shows nothing but pure foolishness.

It is time to close the thread and protect the kid from himself.
    You make your own assumptions and play the little games Kid. Go play out side.

I don't see any games in my posts. BTW,what history are you referring to?
    Last edited by youser; 11-09-2013 at 11:15 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

You threaten legal action against a company and end up with an administrative cancellation notice, and you're surprised?

It's acceptable for any business to decline service to anyone. It's a right that every business should have.
      0 Not allowed!

You make your own assumptions and play the little games Kid. Go play out side.

I don't see any games in my posts. BTW,what history are you referring to?
    OK lets not get personal, you are trying to pick a fight. Hosts will boot you off if you stick with this attitude.

A company can terminate a service at any time if they have that in their terms and conditions. Litigation is NOT something hosting companies have the budget for or are interested in, especially smaller/budget VPS companies. They can give you the boot, and they are in their right to do so. In the past I have refused service/terminated service for similar reasons, it's a much more easier way to deal with clients who behave like you.

You should count your blessings as they have given a termination date in advance, and not cut you off entirely. You can try and work this out with them. Tell them this was the heat of the moment, under a lot of stress, apologize even! They will most probably work it out if you can convince them. If I was in their position, and judging my your responses in this thread, any sort of threats would result in IMMEDIATE suspensions/termination. I am not sure what kind of service you have, enterprise/business level services will try to work with you to resolve the issue, as you are paying more and it is something they are equipped to deal with.. Mid/low end services will just dump you in the gutter. 7 days notice, contract terminated. Brush the dust off.

You can chargeback on your card/PayPal if you really believe YOU are being ripped off, or if this is just your ego playing up. They cannot win with PayPal's "customer guarantee" and policy on digital services, credit card companies will charge anything back, bit longer with a debit card, but I would think properly about the situation. Don't give them grief, no more threats, just drop it, cool off. As you said you haven't even used the VPS properly, what could possibly have gone wrong? You might even get the to refund you if you ask nicely!

Also, you're well within your right not disclosing any specific details of hosts/legal matters, they should be kept private at this stage, although if you did, I would bet you a fiver you'd have the WHT army backing up this host for their actions.
    Last edited by codu; 11-09-2013 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Typos, EVERYWHERE!
    - Colin Dunn | Systems Administrator
    I think CentOS is a pretty cool guy. eh runs mah server and doesnt afraid of anything...
    ^ That sig/meme is so old, I just don't have the heart to change it. I hope the cool kids around still get it... 2008 was a good year!
      0 Not allowed!

Hope Things are Right in all aspects.

Dear Friend,

Its right from two ends(you & your provider),
    What ever anyone say its right or wrong, from my point of view, its right, that the provider gave you some grace period to take off your data. so you can migrate your data in a safer way.

If you are taking a legal action from your side to the provider, then ultimately the relationship between you and your provider is cut. Then its sounds good to terminate your account immediately as you are no more a customer to them.

Hope time will make you to understand the issues from both sides.
    Cheer up brother and find a better host.
    Let's move on.
      0 Not allowed!

Considering that you threatened the host with legal action the only thing sensible for them to do is to terminate your relationship with them. I doubt you have an actual contract in place with them so they are fully within their rights to terminate your services at any time for any reason. Having said that the unused portion of your prepayment should be refunded and I am sure it will be unless you violated their TOS in such a way that forfeits any account credit.

I would have terminated your account on the spot if you threatened legal action against my company. I am not in the business of providing services to potential legal opponents and considering the nature of the business there is no way that I am going to facilitate your communication with your legal team by providing you with email services.

Come to think of it the argument could be made that your service was terminated in order to make sure that the defendant did not have access to the plaintiffs email.

Legal Threats, Chargebacks, Repeated Spamming, etc... You no longer exist as far as my company is concerned.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello Colin,

Quote Originally Posted by codu View Post
    OK lets not get personal, you are trying to pick a fight.
    This thread has 5 posts of mine and you won't find a single word to judge my attitude as rude. And about the words you quoted, I have a reason. I just replied to @AHFBWEB in his own style when he called me a fool for no reason. If his words are not offensive or rude and his attitude here is righteous, the same are mine.

A company can terminate a service at any time if they have that in their terms and conditions.
    You are right! But the service provider failed to provide a good reason. There TOS doesn't mention about termination of account on the event of legal litigation. They just said " We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time for any reason."

The service agreement period is of 30 days. They sent me this termination notice after 11 days and gave me the grace period of 2 days.

You can chargeback on your card/PayPal if you really believe YOU are being ripped off, or if this is just your ego playing up.
    Firstly, I asked for refund before thinking about legal proceedings(within the first 2 days) when I was unsatisfied with their support. They simply refused to refund a single penny. I tried all other ways, spoke their VC. They simply refused to offer the refund.

Then I said that I have my rights to ask for refund. They said no. Later, I said that legally I have a right to ask what I deserve. They said no. Then I said I will proceed legally. They were calm. They haven't responded for a week. They waited for some days, they claimed my payment which I paid through credit card. Soon after claiming the payment, they sent me this termination thing. Forgot to say, before sending this termination email, they replied "Based on your most recent email to me this evening, it appears you are pursuing legal action against companyX. Is that true?". I replied with "Yes"

I contacted their billing manager. He replied that they can't speak further. No problem. I sent emails to the VC before coming to WHT. No reply.

I still have some questions myself. If they really feel that I was threatening them why would they wait until they claim the funds? Why didn't they simply say that at beginning when I first ask for legal litigation and terminate the account when the VPS account has no data? Why don't they they just refund the money for unused period(18 days of service period left) and terminated the account?

I ask myself, who are really threatening here? The customer who asks for the service/refund? Or the vendor who black mails with their little tricks?

Why would the hosts consider the customer is threatening when he speaks about his rights when they were violated?

@WHT users

The money I paid is a small amount $44. It is not a big deal to look for a new host. There is no question of staying with that service provider who stole my money.

Anyhow, I started this thread on WHT to get clarified somethings I don't know. I am not frustrated of something or lost my mind. But I wonder why some guys are so excited and losing temper, calling me fool. They say that they are helping me. But I don't see any help in those posts. They want me to give more chances to call me a fool. Very funny.
    Last edited by Steven F; 11-15-2013 at 03:55 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Well! I think that the thread is being derailed. Some guys loosing their temper and going too far calling me a fool. As I stated in my recent post, my words about legal action are not a threat.

I am expecting no more replies. I request the moderators to close this ticket immediately.
    Last edited by youser; 11-10-2013 at 02:23 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Well! I think that the thread is being derailed. Some guys loosing their temper and going too far calling me a fool. As I stated in my recent post, my words about legal action are not a threat.

I am expecting no more replies. I request the moderators to close this ticket immediately.
    LEGAL ACTION IS A THREAT...that is the entire point everyone has been making. If you tell someone you plan to take legal action it is no different than saying you are going to punch them.

You need to get with the program here...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by leckley View Post
    LEGAL ACTION IS A THREAT...that is the entire point everyone has been making. If you tell someone you plan to take legal action it is no different than saying you are going to punch them.
    It is like reporting about a robbery is considered a threat.

Calling it a threat all together doesn't make my intention wrong. My point is simple, the Host failed to help me. I asked for refund. They said no. I requested them to give me a solution. They failed. I said I will approach legally.

One cannot be a fool if he is called so all together. A doesn't change to B when you altogether call it a B. It's that simple.

Is my intention is to damage the company reputation? No. Do I want want to hurt their staff's feeling? No. Did I abused their staff? No. Did I repeatedly try their services asking for charge backs? No. It is my first time.

My words about legal action are very serious and I still don't think it is a threat.
    Last edited by youser; 11-10-2013 at 03:00 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

It is like reporting about a robbery is considered a threat.

Calling it a threat all together doesn't make my intention wrong. My point is simple, the Host failed to help me. I asked for refund. They said no. I requested them to give me a solution. They failed. I said I will approach legally.

One cannot be a fool if he is called so all together. A doesn't change to B when you altogether call it a B. It's that simple.

Is my intention is to damage the company reputation? No. Do I want want to hurt their staff's feeling? No. Did I abused their staff? No. Did I repeatedly try their services asking for charge backs? No. It is my first time.

My words about legal action are very serious and I still don't think it is a threat.
    Is that a joke?
      0 Not allowed!

>Is that a joke?

Funny!
      0 Not allowed!

>Is that a joke?

Funny!
    You really should stop replying to this thread. You were wrong and you need to just accept that and move on.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave - Just199 View Post
    You really should stop replying to this thread. You were wrong and you need to just accept that and move on.
    This thread is started by myself and I am accountable to answer the replies made to my post.

Why don't you stop replying first?
    Last edited by youser; 11-10-2013 at 03:41 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

have at it
      0 Not allowed!

As you wish.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12