Thread: Helpscout

Helpscout

Has anyone tried Helpscout? We've been looking at it and thinking of using it.

https://www.helpscout.net/features/ right?

I believe they have a 15 days trial for you to try it.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    https://www.helpscout.net/features/ right?

I believe they have a 15 days trial for you to try it.
    Yes, we are trialing it. I just wanted others' opinions on it who have been using it for a while.

It is just a help desk right? No billing system?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    It is just a help desk right? No billing system?
    Correct. The only customer-facing interface is via e-mail. On the admin side there is of course a web interface to manage the tickets.

Just to update this thread:

We ended up purchasing it as the trial went well. I think it works well for us. There is a feature called workflows that lets you set rules for filtering the emails. We use this for filtering things like our server notifications from CPanel or CSF.

I've also found their support to be quite helpful the few times we've needed it.

I'd still love to hear from others who have used this or are thinking of using this service.

Do you find the lack of the customer facing interface an issue? I would say most support requests are via email though.

Do you use the Docs/Knowledgebase feature?

It looks like a pretty nice app, although an extra $25/month just for Docs does seem like it would be a bit expensive for small users.

Quote Originally Posted by mwdmeyer View Post
    Do you find the lack of the customer facing interface an issue? I would say most support requests are via email though.

Do you use the Docs/Knowledgebase feature?

It looks like a pretty nice app, although an extra $25/month just for Docs does seem like it would be a bit expensive for small users.
    We've actually since started using Zendesk. We loved Helpscout, but love the additional features of zendesk even more, such as the capability for phone support, the help center you can set up, and so forth.