Which one is best

Open Stack
    Cloud Stack

Citrix xenserver

also with which platform they should integrate :

Host Bill or

WHMCS

Im not sure you should be looking at it that way

personally, I would make a platform decision first (ie onapp, openstack, cloudstack) - then a hypervisor decision

it gets confusing as hypervisors like xenserver and vmware can also operate as a platform, so you need to consider that as well

for us, we liked a hypervisor neutral platform approach so that we maintained some flexibility and kept hypervisor options open

for example, with onapp, you can run xen,kvm, vmware

with cloudstack, you can run many hypervisors including xenserver, vmware, etc - same with openstack (though not sure if openstack supports xenserver or not)

basically - I would choose an agnostic platform, and leave your hypervisor options more open and flexible (but, thats just how I look at it)

for platforms - its rough to justify openstack/cloudstack unless you are willing to invest in your own internal engineering team to run and manage those platforms (which is perfectly reasonable for many organizations)

I guess there are 3rd party options to support/manage these platforms as well

we did a TCO on all of this and went with onapp - makes way more sense for us to use our engineering resources elsewhere and pay onapp their per core fee to support/develop the platform. others TCO analysis and numbers may vary obviously, but, for us it was a no brainer

for a billing platform - take your pick I guess. we like hostbill and its integration with onapp is pretty mature and is plug and play at this point
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Quote Originally Posted by cartika-andrew View Post
    Im not sure you should be looking at it that way

personally, I would make a platform decision first (ie onapp, openstack, cloudstack) - then a hypervisor decision

it gets confusing as hypervisors like xenserver and vmware can also operate as a platform, so you need to consider that as well

for us, we liked a hypervisor neutral platform approach so that we maintained some flexibility and kept hypervisor options open

for example, with onapp, you can run xen,kvm, vmware

with cloudstack, you can run many hypervisors including xenserver, vmware, etc - same with openstack (though not sure if openstack supports xenserver or not)

basically - I would choose an agnostic platform, and leave your hypervisor options more open and flexible (but, thats just how I look at it)

for platforms - its rough to justify openstack/cloudstack unless you are willing to invest in your own internal engineering team to run and manage those platforms (which is perfectly reasonable for many organizations)

I guess there are 3rd party options to support/manage these platforms as well

we did a TCO on all of this and went with onapp - makes way more sense for us to use our engineering resources elsewhere and pay onapp their per core fee to support/develop the platform. others TCO analysis and numbers may vary obviously, but, for us it was a no brainer

for a billing platform - take your pick I guess. we like hostbill and its integration with onapp is pretty mature and is plug and play at this point
    Thanks!

Host Bill or WHMCS ? which does better

I know that HostBill has integrations for OnApp, Cloudstack and OpenStack, I'm not sure what WHMC has and after a quick review of their site don't see those listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff3e View Post
    I know that HostBill has integrations for OnApp, Cloudstack and OpenStack, I'm not sure what WHMC has and after a quick review of their site don't see those listed.
    any recommendations for this to get configured ?

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Soft View Post
    Thanks!

Host Bill or WHMCS ? which does better
    It's all about what best works for YOU. You really need to come up with business requirements then choose your technologies based on those requirements. Business before technology.

Both WHMCS and HostBill play nice with the major platforms. However, they both offer different types of licensing models that may or may not fit your business requirements.

What Anthony said.

Decide first what you want to offer your clients or planned clients, what services you need, how you need it to work commercially, then find a platform to suit those needs.

Each offering, be it hostbill or whmcs, or onapp or vmware has strengths and weaknesses in different areas. How those factors impact your decision relates entirely to your specific requirements and what is important for your business.

Quote Originally Posted by dediserve View Post
    What Anthony said.

Decide first what you want to offer your clients or planned clients, what services you need, how you need it to work commercially, then find a platform to suit those needs.

Each offering, be it hostbill or whmcs, or onapp or vmware has strengths and weaknesses in different areas. How those factors impact your decision relates entirely to your specific requirements and what is important for your business.
    we have decided already , now any one to do that ?

What have you decided on?

What have you decided on?
    You know what , that is called point scoring . Good for nothing!

Just people love to increase the numbers of their threads by posting these kind of stuff.

Thank!

By the way decided for:

Host Bill + Cloud Stack

But confused for hypervisors: VMware, KVM, XenServer and Xen Cloud Platform (XCP) , which can be used to deploy both Windows and Linux flavours.

Need Help!

I'm confused anyway

You call my question about what you decided on 'point scoring' then answer it anyway, and ask for help, but aren't specific about what you need help with?

I'm confused anyway

You call my question about what you decided on 'point scoring' then answer it anyway, and ask for help, but aren't specific about what you need help with?
    By the way decided for:

Host Bill + Cloud Stack

But confused for hypervisors: VMware, KVM, XenServer and Xen Cloud Platform (XCP) , which can be used to deploy both Windows and Linux flavours.

Need Help!

I doubt dediserv is any type of post count race .....

If you are just starting out, I would take VMWare out of your choices. VMWare is very expensive in terms of licensing. You cannot use the free version. You must sign up for their service provider license program, which will charge you for vCPU's and memory assigned to each VM. You must also pay for management services such as vcenter and licensing for the hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Quartet-Andrew View Post
    I doubt dediserv is any type of post count race .....

If you are just starting out, I would take VMWare out of your choices. VMWare is very expensive in terms of licensing. You cannot use the free version. You must sign up for their service provider license program, which will charge you for vCPU's and memory assigned to each VM. You must also pay for management services such as vcenter and licensing for the hosts.
    whats about KVM?

whats about KVM?
    I can't really comment on using KVM and a billing system. I use KVM for personal use, no issues. Its a solid HV.

By the way decided for:

Host Bill + Cloud Stack

Need Help!
    what are you confused about?
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Quote Originally Posted by eming View Post
    what are you confused about?
    about hypervisor :

I want to use KVM

!

about hypervisor :

I want to use KVM

!
    You should go for KVM if you want to use full virtualization .

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

whats about

Cloud Stack +Xen server?

Why don't you try OnApp ? it has full integration with HostBill app

Quote Originally Posted by Quadcone View Post
    Why don't you try OnApp ? it has full integration with HostBill app
    We do integrate in with WHMCS as well, and have spoke with Blesta about future integration opportunities.

whats about

Cloud Stack +Xen server?
    Do you want a solution out of the box?
    Caroline Paine
    Commercial Operations Manager @ www.onapp.com
    Inquisitive Foodie @ www.inquisitivefoodie.com