hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : ASmallOrange and Cirtex Hosting

Forum Jump

ASmallOrange and Cirtex Hosting

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Web Hosting Master

ASmallOrange and Cirtex Hosting

Once upon a time (almost 5 years ago) one of the first hosts I had ever used was asmallorange - they were good but was more expensive than other hosts which prompted me to find cheaper alternatives.

Cirtex Hosting is by far the worst webhost around - don't ask me why as otherwise I will be here all day.

Yesterday I had just discovered something, ASmallOrange and Cirtex Hosting share the same nameservers not only that they also share the same support staff I believe.

So my question is... who's joined who? Has ASmallOrange taken over Cirtex or has Cirtex taken over ASmallOrange?

From my experience if ASmallOrange has acquired Cirtex Hosting then there's hope for Cirtex and they just may improve.

If on the other hand Cirtex has acquired ASmallOrange then god be with those customers who are with ASmallOrange being managed by Cirtex Hosting.

I think it may be the latter... it would be a great shame if ASmallOrange is now owned by Cirtex.

Your thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2013, 01:17 AM
Web Hosting Master

Maybe Cirtex Hosting leases servers from them. I do believe at one point they bought from FDC. A Small Orange is part of EIG and I never heard of them buying Cirtex

Old 11-07-2013, 01:25 AM
Web Hosting Master

Hmmm it could just be a coincidence that the poor support guy at Cirtex can't seem to resolve the FTP timeout I'm experiencing with Cirtex Hosting at the moment.

The poor soul from Cirtex has been trouble shooting this for the last 4 hours and I just noticed he's been carrying out tests connects from an ASmallOrange box; maybe they share the same support staff too?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2013, 01:43 AM
Web Host Reviewer

EIG owns them all.
And yes, Cirtex, Host V, and a few others, were all "brands" of ASO.
But now ASO is part of the EIG monster.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Web Hosting Master

What is ASO like now since I was with them many years ago?

It's been over 14 hours and Cirtex are still trying to fix an FTP issue which they claim to be 'malfunctioning'. Good thing i'm not hosting any important sites with them.

I'm surprised ASO and Cirtex belong to the same basket.

Clearly EIG is not very popular. I hope those last few independent web hosts remain independent and not sell out to EIG otherwise I fear we will soon see the demise of the internet!

Old 11-07-2013, 11:36 AM

Its Seems that EIG has acquired a lots of hosting Companies.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadyawebhost View Post
Its Seems that EIG has acquired a lots of hosting Companies.
They sure have, there's a big list of them over at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enduran...national_Group