Thread: WHMCS Templates

Thumbs up WHMCS Templates

Hey there,

I've done my personal research but right now I'd like to ask you guys a few questions, I'd like to hear your opinion

First of all a small description of the concept, the idea... I've seen there's room for new and fresh styles for WHMCS, there aren't many in the market and what exists is not what I have in mind... (I explain that below )
    I've been developing custom templates for companies for a few years now (independent work, nothing too big) and right now I'd like to share my work with people willing to purchase them .

WHMCS templates were quite difficult to make in the past because of a few silly smarty schemes they used in their system, for example the title of the pages were all in each single file! and not on a centralized one!... something they just fixed a few months ago there were other aspects too, but I'd take so much time explaining them, nothing too serious...

Anyway, I guess that's why not many people makes themes for WHMCS, the continuous updates, some decentralized objects, etc...

I'm working on 3 different WHMCS templates that are completely different to what a common client-area looks like, these are not plain web-site integrations or a different color scheme, they are total remakes with different styles and pretty much similar work to what Hostbill has been doing with their paid themes, has anyone seen them? if not, take a look:
    https://hostbillapp.com/clientarea//...themes/&step=0

I'm just wondering:

- Would you use a non-integrated client area with your hosting website? because the main intention of my templates is trying to create an isolated area for your customers, something you should only change the logo, maybe the color scheme and that's it.

- Would you change your current WHMCS theme for a new one looking like those ones offered by Hostbill?
    Unfortunately Hostbill does not have much community activity, so I don't know if people actually like those themes or not, I've trying to find opinions but no one seems to be using them or at least they use it in secret hehe...

I'm preparing a few screenshots of the themes I'm working on, so you can have a look of what I've been doing in the past months, I might have them ready for tomorrow... I'll register a domain soon and start the brand...

I'd like to extend this idea to cPanel, which I'm currently learning for themes customization, and I already have great ideas for that (2 themes so far) however since there's current development on x4 I prefer to wait a few months before start working on them...

The idea is to change the style of client areas and admin panels drastically, that all look different from each other, I don't know, I feel is enough of these common Header - Footer integrations we see everyday hehe.

What are your thoughts?
    Bye!

P.S. Would you rate my English from 1 to 10? I'm working on that too haha, any correction will be well received

For WHMCS Templates I believe you mean the overall design, I suggest looking at whmcsdesigns.com I use Sam's design for cPanel.

They also have a admin area which looks nice in my opinion. As for your English I'd rate it a 10. Nicely paragraphed too.

Awesome!, their work is excellent! I'm happy to know there's people actively working on that

I'm kind of worried that billing scripts don't have the style development that scripts such as Wordpress, Joomla or forums have... I understand the demand is totally different (for example whmcsdesigns have 3 designs so far hehe), and what exists is based on complete web-hosting templates with the integrated client area... whmcsdesings follows pretty much what I want to pursue.

It's still a field to explore!...

May I ask you what is this Sam's design for cPanel? any URL where I could review it?
    And yes, by Template I mean the Theme, sorry

Thanks,
    Last edited by danfelbm; 11-07-2013 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danfelbm View Post
    Awesome!, their work is excellent! I'm happy to know there's people actively working on that

I'm kind of worried that billing scripts don't have the style development that scripts such as Wordpress, Joomla or forums have... I understand the demand is totally different (for example whmcsdesigns have 3 designs so far hehe), and what exists is based on complete web-hosting templates with the integrated client area... whmcsdesings follows pretty much what I want to pursue.

It's still a field to explore!...

May I ask you what is this Sam's design for cPanel? any URL where I could review it?
    And yes, by Template I mean the Theme, sorry

Thanks,
    Sure mate his cPanel theme site is: cpaneldesigns.com.

You would definitely see sales if your WHMCS client area theme is worth the money. Also your English is perfect 10/10