Angry GoDaddy extends redemption period. Same time releases domains to public on the cheap

That's the twisted game GoDaddy is playing! I'm 7 days past the redemption period, still see the domains in my accounts dashboard under expired domains, but I can't re-register the domains at regular prices, only the public can do that! They permanently extended the redemption fee penalty of $282 (not including privacy) for 3 domains way past their policy of 42 days, but anyone now can register all 3 for less than $30! I searched for the domains on GoDaddy and found them open to the public!

I wonder how many people they've done this to? I don't care now if they release the domains to me at regular prices, I'm mad as hell! 7 days I waited past the redemption period to renewel at regular prices, but GoDaddy wont allow me, just the public! They'll settle for change from the public, but not from me! Are they taking crazy pills?!!!

I've talked to GoDaddy support about why they extended the redemption period penalty fee, and all this person could tell me is that GoDaddy sometimes holds on to domains before releasing to the public. I don't think he sidestepped my question purposely, but didn't have an answer. Anyway, GoDaddy released the domains to the public cheaply, just not me! I still have to pay a penalty! If you add the redemption fee, a year renewel and privacy to all 3 domains, it will cost me over $315 for 3 domains. No thanks!
    Last edited by UnhappyCamper; 11-06-2013 at 11:23 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Can't you get a friend to buy them for less than $30 and transfer them to you?

I know its not the point, but a possible solution.
      0 Not allowed!

Thought of that...

I thought of that, evocart, but I have to open an account somewhere else. I'm gonna transfer my other domains off of GoDaddy as soon as I have time. Maybe within a week. They lost my money!
      0 Not allowed!

Try Namecheap, I've never had any issues with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Try doing a Google search for review's before choosing a domain provider. Why people continue to use GoDaddy baffles me beyond belief.
      0 Not allowed!

* I'm wrong! I'm still within the redemption period!

OMG! I made a mistake. I'm still within GoDaddy's redemption period! It ends November 11th! My fault for not rechecking the dates, from expiration up until the end of redemption. My figures were wrong!

Please delete this post! GoDaddy has done no wrong!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by UnhappyCamper View Post
    OMG! I made a mistake.
    It happens to the best of us

Closed by request.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!