Providers that would allow me to colocate a cable modem

In line with my regular irregular requests; I am in search of providers that will allow me to colocate a cable modem and have a coaxial drop to my cabinet.

Welcoming anyone's experience or input!

Thanks

Would depend on location as the datacenter in question may not have a feed from your cable provider?

I would assume you are in the US?

Going to be a case by case basis for sure. First thing is to find a DC where the cable company has coax plant already installed. If anything, most of the cable co's would be more likely to have fiber in there for metro Ethernet services than to have coax plant in there. So they would either have to put in a node to service coax off the fiber, or run coax into the building via their existing plant outside. In my area, charter communications will run coax from outside instead of placing a node, even if the fiber is already in place, I guess due to the cost of the node equipment.

Given that, the construction cost to get coax in to the building, to a demark point and set an amp/tap, then run a feed to your rack, isn't going to be that cheap either, and to do all that work for a single cable modem customer spending ~$100-$200 per month may simply not meet their minimum ROI so it may not happen.

there a few data centers that offer cable services, they are hard to find but they do exist, what location(s) are you looking for?
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - colocation, dedicated and cloud quotes

I am looking for datacenters in the United States, any states.

Thank you

i think continuumdatacenters.com has comcast in the building hit up sales and ask.

albert at colocation america has it in LA

you could also try the free hostvoice service here at WHT, I am sure several of the subscribers offer cable tv connections

We have a number of customers who have DSL to their cabinets, especially as a backup or out-of-band link. I've not ever seen a DC that had coax cable service available though - our local cable provider built in with fiber, as I'm assuming most would do.
    Rob Tyree
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting
    Fiberhub - SAS70 Type-II Colocation in Las Vegas and Seattle

It's an odd request for sure, but some people do want it, often for backup from what I've seen. Comcast has coax where we're at in CHI although fiber is available through them as well.
    Charles W. @ Nexeon Technologies, Inc. - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    Dedicated servers, colocation, cloud, game servers, on-site & remote DDoS protection, and more! Managed options available.
    Data Centers in Chicago, New York, & more! IPv4 and IPv6 available! Contact us for data center buildout & network consultation.
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and Dallas.

If you see Comcast in the data center they will normally run COAX also at the same time. You will find Comcast in areas that are a little more populated so if you see a data center in a metro area (not a business park) good chance Comcast will already be there and you will just have to pay Comcast for the monthly fee and the data center a small nominal cross connect fee.

It really depends if it's worth it. Sometimes just running 10mbit or 100mbit ethernet even might be more cost effective.
    Hyperconnezion - your fast path to success
    IT management, Cloud and Data Center Services in Asia Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    We have a number of customers who have DSL to their cabinets, especially as a backup or out-of-band link. I've not ever seen a DC that had coax cable service available though - our local cable provider built in with fiber, as I'm assuming most would do.
    We have clients who have coax. But usually they ask about phone lines or DSL.

But we are in Europe, so I can not help you.

Regards,

ColoHouse in Miami also has Comcast coax available (or had it till 2011 last time I checked).

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    We have customers with Coax drops as well. I'm not an expert in the network side, but I do know it's a little longer turn around time, and a bit more of a pain to setup. But I think most data centers can and will
    InfoRelay Online Systems, Inc.
    Colocation | Cloud | Data Centers | Bandwidth | Managed Services
    New York / Northern Virginia / Chicago / Dallas / Miami / Los Angeles / San Jose
    www.InfoRelay.com/Services/Data-Centers