Gmail & Hotmail Going to Spam Folder

Running into a problem with Gmail and Hotmail/Outlook - both are hitting the spam folder. Yahoo, AOL and others are fine. We are not spamming and are not on any black/gray lists. In checking DKIM signatures from various sources, some say they are signed nd some say not. Attached is a header from a Yahoo email. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  

I'd flag that as spam too. What do the headers say on an email that was flagged?
    Affordable web hosting, design, & domain registration services since 2001
    www.serve-you.net

Thanks for looking. Our transactional emails are going to spam - attached is an example.

Quote Originally Posted by serve-you View Post
    I'd flag that as spam too. What do the headers say on an email that was flagged?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  

Need to see headers from an actual email that has been flagged as spam. It should say why.
    Affordable web hosting, design, & domain registration services since 2001
    www.serve-you.net

Have you setup SPF/DKIM records for your domain name?
    If you steal from one author, itís plagiarism; if you steal from many, itís research

If the mail is a legitimate mail for the receiver ( not for the sender) , then try

1. Verifying if dkim is properly setup. There are many docs and verification tools online to help you.

2. Verify if the spf is properly setup for your domain.

3. The server may have a history of sending spam. Clean up the server and ensure ip is not black listed anywhere.

Try sending a mail to the PORT25 Mail verifier and post the results.

http://www.port25.com/support/authen...-verification/

Quote Originally Posted by serve-you View Post
    Need to see headers from an actual email that has been flagged as spam. It should say why.
    Thanks. We aren't receiving any notification that the message is spam. Testing shows the messages to be going to spam.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincheri View Post
    Check your server maillogs for any actual spam messages, check the server IP listed in any blacklists
    Thanks. No spam messages are being received. Our IP has not been black or graylisted.

Quote Originally Posted by subhash View Post
    Have you setup SPF/DKIM records for your domain name?
    We did (or think we did). Our server guy said things are setup just fine but some testing in Google using this tutorial through gmail ( appmaildev.com/en/domainkeys/ ), shows no dkim signature is being attached.

Quote Originally Posted by fabin View Post
    If the mail is a legitimate mail for the receiver ( not for the sender) , then try

1. Verifying if dkim is properly setup. There are many docs and verification tools online to help you.

2. Verify if the spf is properly setup for your domain.

3. The server may have a history of sending spam. Clean up the server and ensure ip is not black listed anywhere.
    Thanks. Yes I have tried a ton of different test sites and am getting varying info (some saying dkim & spf are setup correct and some saying they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisd View Post
    Try sending a mail to the PORT25 Mail verifier and post the results.
    Thanks. Our server person had us test yesterday via port25 and he said it indicates the spf & dkim are properly setup and signed. I've attached a report. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It all seems to pass and you got SPF, DKIM and so on.

My best bet would be contacting Microsoft and Google about why your mails are hitting junk, but I really doubt they will respond.

Maybe you should make a gmail account and send a mail to that, see what the headers says about the received mail, often you can find the junk reason there.

Thanks again for the help and great suggestion about using gmail to see how google sees the email. I have side by side comparisons of my email vs a Paypal email. Notice the paypal email says signed-by paypal. Most large providers are showing the same "signed-by" (although webhostingtalk.com's email does not). Do you know what Google additional "signed-by" requirements are? Thanks

It all seems to pass and you got SPF, DKIM and so on.

My best bet would be contacting Microsoft and Google about why your mails are hitting junk, but I really doubt they will respond.

Maybe you should make a gmail account and send a mail to that, see what the headers says about the received mail, often you can find the junk reason there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mail.png  

When I check my own mails the "signed-by" field does show.

Googles documentation also says that if the DKIM is valid it will show there.
    https://support.google.com/a/answer/180707?hl=en

My guess is that your signing to few headers in the email, when I look at your headers you only sign a few:
    Code:
    h=Date:From:To:Subject;
    Where I sign:
    Code:
    h=From:Subject:Date:Message-ID:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:In-Reply-To:References;
    Also how long is your key? It must be larger than 1024 for google to consider it valid.

Very good find with the Google documentation, thanks. So the problems then are:
    1. Signing too few headers;
    2. Possibly key is too short (has to be at least 1024 characters).

I will check these things out. Thanks a lot for the help.

When I check my own mails the "signed-by" field does show.

Googles documentation also says that if the DKIM is valid it will show there.

My guess is that your signing to few headers in the email, when I look at your headers you only sign a few:
    Code:
    h=Date:From:To:Subject;
    Where I sign:
    Code:
    h=From:Subject:Date:Message-ID:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:In-Reply-To:References;
    Also how long is your key? It must be larger than 1024 for google to consider it valid.

Check IP reputation in mxtoolbox

Set right spf rdns dkim keys

And in few hours emails should go in inbox

To fix this issue you need to set spf/DKIM records to your domain at your hosting provider.

Easier said than done, unfortunately. We have 3 server admins tweak the settings to no avail. One was able to at least have Google recognize the email being signed.

Quote Originally Posted by willlane View Post
    Very good find with the Google documentation, thanks. So the problems then are:
    1. Signing too few headers;
    2. Possibly key is too short (has to be at least 1024 characters).

I will check these things out. Thanks a lot for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by my247webhosting View Post
    Check IP reputation in mxtoolbox

Set right spf rdns dkim keys

And in few hours emails should go in inbox
    Quote Originally Posted by my247webhosting View Post
    To fix this issue you need to set spf/DKIM records to your domain at your hosting provider.

Had 3 server guys in and none could figure out the problem. Last guy took one look at the port25 email & found out we were sending using IP6 but configured for IPV4. Took him 2 minutes to figure it out. Now email going straight to the inbox.