Avoid LevelHsosting

I had an account with Level Hosting which was deleted by them quoting some spurious reasons. (deleted last month)

No intimation, no mails, no warnings. Just deleted everything.

I have more than 30 hosting account services but have never come across such a pathetic display of attitude.

Just avoid them. And I am writing this with responsibility. They can't be trusted.

Sorry to hear that. How long were you with them? Was all billing up to date?

As long as you have backups the only thing you can do is get your site(s) shifted to a new provider.

That sounds painful.

You say they quoted some spurious reasons. What were the reasons they gave you (even if they sounded spurious)?

Please make sure you let the moderators know the domain you hosted with them so that your experience can be verified. (You are wanting to warn others off, and that carries much more weight if someone has independently verified your link with Level Hosting).
    James

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

Without any notice how a business company do this !!
    AdroitSSD LLC - Incredible™ Cloud Hosting Platform | Monthly 100% Uptime Record
    Cheap Hosting - Lightspeed | Softaculuos | SpamExpert | - Higher Disk I/O | 30Min Ticket Response
    WordPress Optimized SSD Hosting | Pure SSD | Realtime Malware Scanner | cPanel

Re: Avoid LevelHsosting

Sorry to hear this.

Don't worry. Do you have backups?

Choose another trusted hosting company. ensure they aren't fly by night like that damn level hosting.
    Last edited by Eversmile Hosting; 11-05-2013 at 08:08 AM.

They've 6+ years old, so hardly fly-by-night. Although they do have who-is privacy enabled, which always worries me.
    James

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Host Dingle View Post
    Without any notice how a business company do this !!
    Depends on what and why.

Like, last week we had a new client, signed up from UK, paid, etc.... Days later we found they uploaded a phishing site.... Furthermore, they were from Dubai, so they used someone elses details to sign up... So, things like these do not need an explanation sent, a straight suspension is obvious.
    Regards,
    Peter
    UK Web Hosting - Professional & Reliable Managed Hosting and OpenVZ VPS Hosting!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesOakley View Post
    They've 6+ years old, so hardly fly-by-night. Although they do have who-is privacy enabled, which always worries me.
    i would not sign to a host that does whois privacy lol
    means they got something to hide and they do!

Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting View Post
    Depends on what and why.

Like, last week we had a new client, signed up from UK, paid, etc.... Days later we found they uploaded a phishing site.... Furthermore, they were from Dubai, so they used someone elses details to sign up... So, things like these do not need an explanation sent, a straight suspension is obvious.
    Mine were simple wordpress sites on home improvement and travel. Nothing that should warrant an action. Was hosted with them for over 2 years when those jokers suddenly deleted the account.

It's astonishing that you didn't get any warning whatsoever.

Yea, that is bad. Hopefully you do this, but it's always a good idea to keep your own backups (regardless of your host's backup strategy).
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

I doubt a company that has been around as long as they have and operating with a stable reputation would do something like this intentionally. I am curious to know the other side of this story.

I'm sorry to hear that. Did the provider have anything to day? How about backups, did you have any at all?
    Budget Hosting www.hostkoi.com
    Budget Servers www.dediserverhost.com
    HKWS Group: HostKoi - DediServerHost

I was with LevelHosting for a while, but cancelled after they had to disconnect their Toronto server because it came under a DDoS attack. It sounds like OP was doing something that was prohibited. I'd like LevelHosting to explain what "some spurious reasons" is. If it's something illegal (phishing, piracy, etc) then web hosts will usually disconnect the account ASAP without notifying them first or providing them a backup to try and put a stop to the customers intentions.
    Little Apps
    Open Source Software

I am considering levelhosting but what happened with this whole instance?

Quote Originally Posted by notaninja View Post
    You'll have to ask the OP as LevelHosting hasn't replied to this thread in over a few weeks. Since they still haven't replied, I'd assume that they're just ignoring it.

Quote Originally Posted by notaninja View Post
    To sum this up, they are irresponsible and can't be trusted. So avoid. Rest, it's up to you.

so bad, had to weigh in

I just feel so frustrated, I had to post somewhere. Was referred to them by personal friend of the owner of the company, so I blindly switched over and brought/referred others, too, so I'm embarrassed for referring them. I get a gut-wrenching feeling everytime my referrals tell me there's a problem. Unfortunately,

I stuck with them for a year, just because I wanted to support local company and give them a chance, but the downtime and probs are so bad. My friends and I had various accounts, from the cheap to their mid-level, but none were immune. Unexplained downtime, IP blocking (yeah - not good if you've got multiple users/emails for the same account and IP), and the poor customer service (on the phone, seem to be nice people and try to be helpful, but mostly, especially in email, never seem to know what's going on. Couple times even tried 'suggesting' it was my side/fault, when in the end, it was clearly their end, and everyone else was experiencing the problem). I'm sorry but I've never, ever submitted so many tickets to a webhost than I have in the last year. And this is my shortlist...

We've mostly moved our accounts now. Even now, as I post, this is the second time on the remaining website that there's downtime this year already, and it's been as long as the previous big 'attack.'

Sorry - really wanted to support these guys, but just can't work this way or with you.