[Review] My experience with SkyNetHosting.net

Disclaimer: I was never a paying customer. Because of my experiences with them, I chose not to become one.

Support was the main reason why I opted to try this company out, as they boasted on their front page "Genuine 24x7x365 Customer Support with 1 Hour Support Response Time."

So I chose to make a support ticket to see if this was the case. I made a total of 2 - both of which took longer than an hour.

The first ticket: First Response was 2 hours
    Ticket ID: JQI-932-77127

My support ticket:
    I am looking into buying a reseller account with you guys and just wanted to see if your quoted 1 hour response time was accurate.
    Their response:
    All genuine support tickets will be updated in less than 1 hr.

I thought this was a perfectly reasonable response, and I wasn't too put off by the 2 hour response time, as the above request wasn't a legitimate request. So I decided to make a legitimate request;

The second ticket: First Response was 5 hours
    Ticket ID: JOJ-532-29282

My support ticket:
    Is it possible to integrate only ONE department in WHMCS with your support desk system?

I sell several products aside from just webhosting, so if someone makes a ticket in a VPS department, I wouldn't want you guys getting it.
    Their response:
    Its not possible to integrate only one department

Conclusion:
    First impressions mean a lot to me, and SkyNetHosting unfortunately did not come through because of the misleading promise they made on their front page.

Slightly confused, you never became a client?

To be fair they state "Customer Support with 1 Hour Support Response Time" and this is further confirmed in their response to your first ticket.

While I believe that pre-sales questions should always be answered quickly as that's most peoples first impression, customers should still come first and I'm not sure how you can review their customer support if you were never a customer?

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    Slightly confused, you never became a client?

To be fair they state "Customer Support with 1 Hour Support Response Time" and this is further confirmed in their response to your first ticket.

While I believe that pre-sales questions should always be answered quickly as that's most peoples first impression, customers should still come first and I'm not sure how you can review their customer support if you were never a customer?
    My WHMCS related ticket was in the technical support department, which is where I would have made my support tickets if I where a client.

I am not trying to intentionally bash this company, so if there is some sort of special support group that gets applied to paying members that triggers this 1 hour support response time, I will gladly give their 30 day money back plan a shot - my original post however was my experience so far.

I wanted to see if my experience was a shared one, and if the company deserves another look at - or if what I said was already confirmed.

Sign up with them and give them another try. I don't think this is a fair method of reviewing a company's service. Additionally, I don't understand why you were able to submit a ticket for technical support when there is actually nothing support could do for you?!

this company are cheater and dont think about to buy any service because there is your money wastage only

Well you should be a customer to review them to be honest, you can't just review them based on pre-sales tickets whether it's technical support or sales enquires. However this has been said before back in 2011. Can't find a recent one: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1100173.

But due to their reputation they have loads of customers, it would be hard for them to respond in 1 hour for every one. That would require a big team. If they had 200 customers let's say open a ticket, that's 3 replies every minute.
    Licensecart - We only sell High Quality licenses
    Visit us @ Licensecart.com ~ sales(➾)licensecart.com ~ webhostbundle.com
    WHT isn't what it used to be… power changes people :]

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    Well you should be a customer to review them to be honest, you can't just review them based on pre-sales tickets whether it's technical support or sales enquires.
    Agreed. While "technically" there is nothing wrong with the title of this thread, I found it to be a bit misleading once I read the actual content of the post. One would presume you'd hosted with them for a time before using such a title. Again "technically" your title is simply your pre-sales experience.

A real review should come after one has actually purchased service and experienced it first hand imo.
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

I have a reseller account with them and all my problems were solved (cant remember how much time they needed but im sure it was something reasonable).

About uptime and quality of service think they are 8/10
    Want cheap Facebook Likes or RDP(Remote Desktop 1Gbps)? PM
    or search for my threads in the Advertising Forums
    Demo available for both services

Quote Originally Posted by r3esolution View Post
    this company are cheater and dont think about to buy any service because there is your money wastage only
    Are you using their hosting or just making comment on the basis of OP post??
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

you were not a customer and have no legitimate beef

I know nothing about this provider and have no connection to them but your post is unfair. I have been researching for a new host for six months. I did not expect PRE-sale question to be answered like a real customer with a real problems would be. Your question might have been routed to a sales person who is not available 24/7 just like billing issues or sent to the bottom of the que while the tech staff was helping actual customers with real time problems that were affecting them not your hypothetical issue that may have required some research.

Sorry mate; but I hardly call this an experience; forget review. This was a BRIEF ENCOUNTER at most.

Was it so shocking and bad that your email took a few hours to respond to that you felt compelled to come onto WHT and make us all aware and warn the world of this atrocity? Have you reported this to the authorities/police yet?

/sarcasm

Sorry; I do not intend to be rude and I am sorry if you take offence but I just don't see for what purpose this thread was created and what it is aiming to achieve and the point of it. Your email took a little while to get answered; the most you waited was 5 hours is that seriously such a huge thing that you had to announce it to everyone?

Why didn't you just move onto the next host? Why spend your time to write something that I can't see how it is of any value to anyone. Why not just put it on your twitter instead? What exactly are you trying to achieve here or am I just looking into this too deep and trying to find a reasonable excuse for this thread. Perhaps it's a more simpler explanation; maybe it's just the case of you not having anything better to do? Enlighten me - please....
    Web Host Marketing Services
    SEO Services - Brand Management - Effective Ad Management - Business & Product Launches

Coming Winter 2014 - A Unique Hosting Service