How do i know i need VPS?

Hello guys. I am wondering what is the breaking point in which i have to make the transition from Shared hosting to VPS?

1. your provider suspends you for resource use
    2. your providers throttles your usage for resource usage
    3. your providers warns you of resource over usage
    Lowest Host/Empire Technology LLC
    Offering Quality Shared, Reseller, VPS servers, and Dedicated Servers
    24x7 Tech Support http://empire-hosting.net
    XEN Servers Now http://xenserversnow.com - Budget XEN VPS /

when you need more resources assigned for your website for better process and more visitors ,Dedicated IP,more disk space and ... you can switch from shared hosting to VPS
    ServerSub.com - Managed and Unmanaged Virtual & Dedicated Server|XenServer Windows & Linux VPS
    - New York City|Miami|Singapore|Hong Kong|UK|Netherlands|Germany|France|Canada​|Lithuania|Dallas
    - VPS and Dedicated Servers in 11 Global location 100% Pure SSD Reseller & Shared Host
    cPanel NOC| Microsoft SPLA| PayPal, Credit Card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Payza, WebMoney, PerfectMoney Accepted!

Or if you want to install your own software which can't be done in shared hosting.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by HostingBig View Post
    That was really helpful, thank you!

That was really helpful, thank you!
    your welcome
    Lowest Host/Empire Technology LLC
    Offering Quality Shared, Reseller, VPS servers, and Dedicated Servers
    24x7 Tech Support http://empire-hosting.net
    XEN Servers Now http://xenserversnow.com - Budget XEN VPS /

Quote Originally Posted by HostingBig View Post
    Personally I'd say none of these. They're just indications that you've outgrown your current shared hosting account. You could still upgrade to a higher-level shared / semi-dedicated, with a different provider if necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Or if you want to install your own software which can't be done in shared hosting.
    Yep. Or you want access to things you can't get at on shared hosting (eg. mail logs). Or you want more isolation from other users. Or you're frustrated by the lack of control. When you move to VPS you're still using shared hardware - it's about control and isolation, not resources.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

If you have any reason to such as;

1. One site is slower than the other site on the same server, which leads _ to believe they need a VPS

2. You are noticing your usage is quite high, and the cost of shared hosting is similar to VPS after license costs etc

3. You want more control, or need more control. Perhaps you want to be able to assign IP's to your own domains/accounts without needing to submit a ticket or call your web host.

If you don't think you fit in the above, then save your money and go for a SSD shared hosting provider. Personally I like Dathorn, but its a reseller account.

If you do fit in the above, then the answer should be obvious.

Hope this helps!

I would say you've outgrown shared hosting and need to move to a VPS when you feel that your site's performance is suffering as a result of your shared host over committing resources.

shared servers hosts so many websites. so if your site grow then you have to be prepared for warning from hosting provider because they dont want you to take all the available resources. and when you grow your common sense will guide you that you need more control and more freedom and more cpu,ram. then you need a vps.