Best options for 2U-4U Seattle colocation?

Was searching for Seattle colo space but had a hard time finding companies with reasonable MB/s rates.

Interested in hearing about decent Seattle, WA area options. While checking in this forum I noticed FDCServers now has a Seattle option. Are they pretty good about uptime and using a good bit of the "1GBps" they offer?
    Last edited by nwtron; 11-03-2013 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added question mark

Quote Originally Posted by nwtron View Post
    Was searching for Seattle colo space but had a hard time finding companies with reasonable MB/s rates.

Interested in hearing about decent Seattle, WA area options. While checking in this forum I noticed FDCServers now has a Seattle option. Are they pretty good about uptime and using a good bit of the "1GBps" they offer?
    What type of price are you looking for per megabit? What is your actual utilization? Are you comfortable exploring other locations?

Lastly I see you mentioned 2U-4U, are you seeking single server colo or multi server rackspace?
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Closest I can match FDCServers package:

1Gbps, at least 400W power provisioning, single preferably 4U server

Seem to be plenty of reasonable options if I am flexible with regions. I'm interested if there are any decent Seattle options, disappointed with what I found through self search given the amount of software companies in the area. Would think lots of big and small tech companies would lead to decent colo options. However from what I've seen $200-300/mo wouldn't even cover network connection at listed Seattle rates.

I don't know of any providers in Seattle that majorly play the oversold game. You can get some really reasonable 1-5TB on 100/1000mbps lines, but I do not know of anybody doing 100/1000mbps unmetered on small colo without $1-2/meg.
    █ Brian Kearney, Stealthy Hosting/Server Stadium Seattle, WA [AS23033] Skype: StealthyHosting
    Custom Dedicated Servers
    Low Cost Instant Dedicated Servers

█ Email: Sales@StealthyHosting.com

Try Digital Fortress, it's in front of the Alphagraphics building on Elliot over by the viaduct.

I've never dealt with them for something as small as 4U, but I know their cab rate was really reasonable, more so even than the SIX.

Which brings me to my second suggestion, SIX? Or the Digital Fortress DC in Tacoma is another option, it's cheaper, but not Seattle proper... And who wants to drive to Tacoma

Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

Thanks, Digital Fortress looks like a viable possibility. Assuming their single server pricing is at all in line with their cabinet offer.

try ******* or world link in seattle
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - Colocation, Miner Hosting, Dedicated and Cloud Hosting Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Crothers View Post
    I've never dealt with them for something as small as 4U, but I know their cab rate was really reasonable, more so even than the SIX.

Which brings me to my second suggestion, SIX?
    By SIX, do you mean the Westin Building? The SIX is just a peering exchange.

There are numerous colo providers in the Westin Building:
    Equinix, Colocenters, PEER1, FiberCloud, Swift, the building itself, etc. We have space in PEER1 and know that they for sure offer Octal cabinets there, effectively 5U + 4A usable. They however do not offer single server colo, and I presume most or all of the above do not either. I also don't think any of them offer bandwidth cheap enough for your needs.

For $100 - $200/mo for a building x-connect, you can be connected to pretty much any provider in Seattle through the 19th floor MMR, including Cogent or HE. However, that's probably out of your budget. You may be better off just finding a tenant with one of the above that already has Cogent or HE bandwidth.

$200 - $300/mo total is pretty hard to find anywhere with 1Gbps included, without being highly oversold, since you're still generally looking at around $0.50/Mb. You should either considering dropping your bandwidth requirement to how much you actually need, or raise your budget significantly.
    ASTUTE INTERNET: Advanced, customized, and scalable solutions with AS54527 Premium Performance and Canadian Optimized Network (Level3, Shaw, CogecoPeer1, GTT/Tinet),
    AS63213 Cost Effective High Performance Network (Cogent, HE, GTT/Tinet)
    Dedicated Hosting, Colo, Bandwidth, and Fiber out of Vancouver, Seattle, LA, Toronto, NYC, and Miami

Quote Originally Posted by hhw View Post
    By SIX, do you mean the Westin Building? The SIX is just a peering exchange.
    Yep, the one on 6th or 5th or whatever. I've only ever been in it once and I know it's essentially a colo convention in there. I've heard of people getting amazing prices and services, so I always recommend people check out the SIX and it's participants.

Last time I was in that building and meeting folks, I was working at AWS admittedly, so it's been a while. I may not know how "things work" there. But it's a good lead anyway.
    Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothers View Post
    Try Digital Fortress, it's in front of the Alphagraphics building on Elliot over by the viaduct.

Which brings me to my second suggestion, SIX? Or the Digital Fortress DC in Tacoma is another option, it's cheaper, but not Seattle proper... And who wants to drive to Tacoma

The South Seattle facility is in Intergate West in Tukwila, much better drive than Tacoma

We have space in both facilities, highly recommended.
    █ Brian Kearney, Stealthy Hosting/Server Stadium Seattle, WA [AS23033] Skype: StealthyHosting
    Custom Dedicated Servers
    Low Cost Instant Dedicated Servers

█ Email: Sales@StealthyHosting.com

check out Tony at Adtaq or *******.