Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Almost $1000/m for a server and when you try to use you cant

Hard.

Try to transfer a VM image from one server to another server.

File of 80gb. If i do the trasfer with 10 or 20mbit, its oks, but if i bust the speed to 200mbit or more, my ip got nullroute.

Why pay 1000 per month for a server with 1gbit connection if you cant use 200mbit?

I'm sad!

I'm getting out of this amateur datacenter.

$1000/m is a LOT. What kind of hardware specs do you get for this?
    KnownSRV.com - Fast, Quality and Secure MANAGED VPS with fast SSD drives in h/w RAID10
    Full network and hardware customization possible - let's talk your needs. Optional 500gbps DDoS protection!
    █ PayPal, Credit Cards, Skrill, Payza, PerfectMoney, WebMoney and BitCoins accepted

What is the firm name you mentioned ?

Quote Originally Posted by HostFill View Post
    File of 80gb. If i do the trasfer with 10 or 20mbit, its oks, but if i bust the speed to 200mbit or more, my ip got nullroute.

Why pay 1000 per month for a server with 1gbit connection if you cant use 200mbit?
    Do you have a GbE connection on *BOTH* servers?

Some hosts sell GbE ports with pooled connections, which can slow down sustained transfers. But this usually only slows you down, it doesn't nullroute you. Have you contacted your provider about this?
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by SceneSRV View Post
    $1000/m is a LOT. What kind of hardware specs do you get for this?
    Yes, 1000 is a lot. 2x 2620, 16x 1tb 192gb of ram, 1gbit of connection (but you cant use).

Quote Originally Posted by hkcolocation View Post
    What is the firm name you mentioned ?
    For now, I prefer not to mention names. But be sure to talk about this and more.

=)

For now, I prefer not to mention names. But be sure to talk about this and more.

=)
    Curiosity

I have seen host unknowingly capping speed without client noticing not IP nullroute seems to be new of its kind host.

Yes. Mee to. I use a cheap server that never give-me a problem. But this high price server, give a lot of problems.

I just don't like to talk about company names.
    If they are bad, the users will know this.

But believe me.
    If I come here to make this post. It's because I'm really nervous.
    And I'm nervous because this is not the first problem that I have with this server.
    Working with servers for over 6 years and never seen anything so bad like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    Do you have a GbE connection on *BOTH* servers?

Some hosts sell GbE ports with pooled connections, which can slow down sustained transfers. But this usually only slows you down, it doesn't nullroute you. Have you contacted your provider about this?
    I think 200/mbps isn't a lot to ask when you are paying 1000/month

BTW, if you get null-routed, may be it is their DDOS protection

Yes. Mee to. I use a cheap server that never give-me a problem. But this high price server, give a lot of problems.

But believe me.
    If I come here to make this post. It's because I'm really nervous.
    And I'm nervous because this is not the first problem that I have with this server.
    Working with servers for over 6 years and never seen anything so bad like this.
    You are not paying for a dedicated Gbit connection. Read the server specs again. Do you think any host on their right mind willl offer you dedicated GBIT connection plus a monster like that for under 1k? Nope. A dedicated port alone will cost you 500$ or more.

Angry

Nop. I just have a file with 80gb inside this server and trying to transfer to other server, in other location.

Tried with ssh, scp and cant. Put the file inside a web server, and cant. 30 ~ 40 seconds after the transfer start, it get down. On kvm in this server, i do "ping google.com" and can't. Then i change IP and its back to work. 10 or 20 min after, the (nulled) IP backs to work again.

But with curl and --limit-rate 19M, this works, if i use 20M get nullroute. Why they sell 1gbit port if they do a nullroute in your IP when you are going to use more then 200mbit?

And with this, now I know why I'm getting a lot of emails from solusvm master: (FTP Backup fail to upload). Trying to fix this problem for a long time, and now I know why.

Anyway, I'll cancel this. Its just $2000 in a trash. Its the second month with this server.

And have more. The server gets disconnected so many times for all the day. I have some customers with game vps, and they claim about this payers lost connection 2 or 3 times per day, all together, after 2 or 3 min it back on-line.

No way. Game Over for this server.

If you can't burst on a gigabit port, then the datacenter shouldn't offer them.. plain and simple.
    What is the point of even having a gig port if you can't do anything with it?

No where did the OP say hes trying to use a full gigabit or use it in an unmetered fashion.

Hes simply trying to transfer a image of a VM, and because its going so fast they are nullrouting him.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

I just need to find anyway to get my files. To get his files by downloading with 8 or 10mbps, will need a month to get all.

For my luck, when this file of 80gb got 46% downloaded with 19M of limit-rate, now this ip got nullroute too.

Someone know how to continue this download or reconnect to this download over another IP?

Why don't you contact your provider and let them know if the issues you're having?
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Looking to switch providers? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

its a monster server why not try to split files and transfer in pieces

Quote Originally Posted by RSNET-John View Post
    Why don't you contact your provider and let them know if the issues you're having?
    I'm trying... after 3 hours and 22 min:
    "I apologize for the issue but please standby as our network technicians look into the issue. I am going to transfer your ticket into their department."

After this reply, pass more 3 hours, and still the same!

Quote Originally Posted by bhanuprasad1981 View Post
    its a monster server why not try to split files and transfer in pieces
    I will need to split this file in 80 files of 1gb. The maximum that i can download before it get nullroute, is 1.3 ~ 1.6GB.
    Hard. I'm tired! I have only this Sunday to do it.
    And this file of 80GB is the first VPS, I'll need to transfer something about 20 VPSs. =/

And for the "monster server", Its not. 16x 1tb over LSI 9240i, works with the same speed of 4x 1tb.

I promised to me, I'll never get again a big server. I just got this, because I wants to save money with Windows licenses.
    Only one datacenter license for all VPSs, but... I'll just stop with Windows too.
    If Microsoft do something like ease program to get licenses I'll have this, if not... goodbye Microsoft.
    Apart from being expensive, there is no easy way to buy.
    Last edited by HostFill; 11-03-2013 at 01:27 PM.

I'm trying... after 3 hours and 22 min:
    "I apologize for the issue but please standby as our network technicians look into the issue. I am going to transfer your ticket into their department."

After this reply, pass more 3 hours, and still the same!
    It's the weekend, I can almost guarantee you that their network engineers are limited. You will just have to wait, most likely until tomorrow as I'm sure that they don't see this is a major issue.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Looking to switch providers? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Is it managed and double check speed ,is it in 200 Mbps or 200MBps ?
    Fastest . Reliable . Affordable Web Hosting by MNCHOST.COM

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers | Premium Bandwidth | New SSD-US Servers

Toss this server away and transfer to OVH.

They are offering new server range on 7th Nov

I'll need to get this file in 80 parts of 1gb.

Up without sleep over to 50 hours. I tired a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RSNET-John View Post
    It's the weekend, I can almost guarantee you that their network engineers are limited. You will just have to wait, most likely until tomorrow as I'm sure that they don't see this is a major issue.
    Sure, I understand that too. Today is a Sunday, for a cheap servers, itīs not a problem.
    But for who sell servers with this config, with this price, have a lot of advertisements on the website.. "Support 24 x 7", 100% SLA guarantee at premium network and more...
    If I own a company like this, for sure, I'll put on my website: "Support is limited on the weekends"...

Another think is... I'll never call a company name here to say: "this company is bad". I donīt like to do it!

You should contact them, not sure what is going on.

you need to find better provider, as if it guaranteed the speed and bandwidth, you should use it otherwise it's misleading.

I'll need to get this file in 80 parts of 1gb.

Up without sleep over to 50 hours. I tired a lot.
    GO TO SLEEP!
    its unhealthy to stay up for so long.

open a limited rsync while you sleep , and deal with it after you wake up fresh.
    i really wonder who is that provider so we would know to stay away from their "1gbps" offers.
    beast5.com Đ - Managed Hosting Solutions 2004 - 2016

I got about 3 hours of sleep here on the chair.

Wake up now, and still the same.

I have more one reply at the ticket, look:

"The ticket is in the Network Department for the network technicians to look at. I understand the hassle and frustration this must be but a network technician will respond shortly."

Shortly?

you really shouldnt buy that server. a dual 2620, that much hdd and ram alone cost more than 1000$ but u was offered a GBe port too. its looks too cheap to me.

Sure, I understand that too. Today is a Sunday, for a cheap servers, itīs not a problem.
    But for who sell servers with this config, with this price, have a lot of advertisements on the website.. "Support 24 x 7", 100% SLA guarantee at premium network and more...
    If I own a company like this, for sure, I'll put on my website: "Support is limited on the weekends"...

Another think is... I'll never call a company name here to say: "this company is bad". I donīt like to do it!
    Would you mind giving us a tip/hint/clue on who this company is? For the sake of the community and us be made aware of

Edit:

And this is totally unacceptable. Since they have their SLA in place, why dont you request your money back? I think its the best solution
    Last edited by Epidrive; 11-04-2013 at 01:27 AM.
    Epidrive Webhosting Solutions - Premium Quality Hosting Made Affordable
    Berry Servers - The Most Affordable VPS Servers

Your existing host or new host don't help you to do the transfers ?
    ⓐ➒AlphaNine Networks / Datacomm / GSP

Shared hosting | cPanel reseller | VPS | Dedicated Servers | SSL | VOIP | GSP | Management |
    99.9% uptime | 24/7 Support | Easy Control Panels | Operating Since 2000 |

Current users may know, but prospective users won't know until they sign up and waste their money. Money that could have been saved had they avoided the company after seeing some bad reviews. (This is all assuming the host is actually bad.)

you may try softlayer or singlehop

Quote Originally Posted by espns View Post
    Curiosity

I have seen host unknowingly capping speed without client noticing not IP nullroute seems to be new of its kind host.

I had this on FDCservers, when tried to sync servers with rsync. So, it's not new
    Servers up and running @: i3d.net, oshq.ru, ovh.lt, databank.lt, 1000mbps.com,databasebydesignllc.com, reliablesite.net, hivelocity.net, leaseweb.(de,nl)
    VPS: IntoVPS, databank.lt, hetzner.de, digitalocean.com, linode.com

I'd guess the high ingress throughput is triggering some kind of "auto null" DoS mitigation system.
    Rob Tyree
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting
    Fiberhub - SAS70 Type-II Colocation in Las Vegas and Seattle

Account closed, server cancelled without a chance to get my files =)

Tree days trying to get the files, and cant. My backups is outdated because I do not see that getting nullroute when the server is trying to do the backups.

Some time ago, I have opened a ticket on solusvm to ask why I'm getting some e-mails with the messages: "Backups upload failed". Now we know why!

I'll make like an ostrich sticking my head in a hole in the ground.
    Does anyone have a brown bag with two eye holes to lend?

Hey guy, feel free to be an idiot and pay $1000 for a server and don't get worry.

Now you're on vacation. Go do something like pick up a barrel and down the falls. I think it's best to do this, if your customers find you, this will be worse!

Yaaahhhh! Nice!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image004.jpg   mqdefault.jpg  

So who's the host ?
    VimHost█ Providing Web Hosting since 2003: 13 Years of Dedication to our customers ~ Premium Hosting in Canada
    Email Hosting | RTMP Hosting | FFMPEG Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by lonea View Post
    So who's the host ?
    I don't get the point of this thread if he doesn't name names. No one can help unless we know who the company is. And neither can future users avoid this company.

If I were you I would probably go with colocation, especially for the price you are paying a month it will end up saving you a lot in the long run.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Well. I don't like to burn company names.

But the company, loves to burn me!

Sorry guys... i'm really tired... too much. TIRED A LOT. On the last 60 hours, i got only 3 hours of sleep on the chair!

I think I'm not seeing more letters on the monitor. I'm typing out of habit.

Well. I don't like to burn company names.

But the company, loves to burn me!

Sorry guys... i'm really tired... too much. TIRED A LOT. On the last 60 hours, i got only 3 hours of sleep on the chair!

I think I'm not seeing more letters on the monitor. I'm typing out of habit.
    Of what value or point is this thread? Are you just hoping to have people agree with you? Without naming the host to let people know who to be weary of, or for the host to have a chance to respond, all it is is you complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by HackedServer View Post
    Of what value or point is this thread? Are you just hoping to have people agree with you? Without naming the host to let people know who to be weary of, or for the host to have a chance to respond, all it is is you complaining.
    They have UP the server again.

The Sales manager (I believe that is who own the company) told me that only now he became aware of the problem, and when he realized this was happening, take an immediate action by putting the server back online and asking to be removed from ddos protection so I can get my files. He also said was not aware of the problems that came with the server before and I should have talked to him about it before ordering the cancellation there several days ago. He said has the ability to easy fix all the problems that I was having with the server / connection. He offered me a monster hardware raid (he said did not know about the hardware installed and that's why this is not fixed before), 50% off for one month to see how this will be easily fixed and I'll have the server like it should to work.

But now, it's too late. I got the new severs in other DC something about 8 ~ 10 days ago.

And for the company name, if you take a look to the hardware and the price, you will easily find the company in your brain.

They have UP the server again.

And for the company name, if you take a look to the hardware and the price, you will easily find the company in your brain.
    You expect support and help and suggestions with your issue from this community and yet you do absolutely nothing to help the community back, such as outright naming the company and helping others avoid potentially the same situation... If you post the name of the company, perhaps someone here who has done business with them can point you at a direct contact who can resolve your problem... But right now, this entire thread is you just whining about your problem and looking for people to agree with you.

BudgetVM / Enzo - The amateurs specialist

I use servers for 6 or 7 years. During all this time, I never had such a bad experience.

They do not take long to meet the tickets. You can even be answered. But the person who answers, answers only to give you an answer, and do nothing.

How about 7 days to get a ptr record?
    How about 10 days to get a windows license?

Reply tickets only to give a reply, is better to have no reply.

I got other bad experience on the netdepot too. Like 10 days to get a ticket reply.
    Last edited by HostFill; 11-06-2013 at 03:57 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast