Maxmind - fraud detection

Hello,

I was part of an e-commerce business and have encountered a couple of fraud incidents. At the moment I am intending to start my own business and I was recommended to use Maxmind company services.

Therefore, I would like to understand it’s features better, before purchase. I’ve read the information on maxmind.com, and have a general idea of how it works but I still have few questions:

The list of Maxmind suggested features included many criterions – Am I able to choose the criterions and score which I want Maxmind to alert? What criterions can I choose from? What are the default settings?

In addition, I would like to know what are the sources of Maxmind information? How could they identify IP or a range of IP’s as high risks?

Thanks ahead!

Did you check this already: http://www.maxmind.com/en/web_services_score2

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Maxmind is a waste of time, we stopped using it we can tell 99% of the time who is trying to scam.
    Been running a successful independent web hosting company for over 13 years

Quote Originally Posted by victormeldrew View Post
    Maxmind is a waste of time, we stopped using it we can tell 99% of the time who is trying to scam.
    I disagree, Maxmind is awesome

Maximd is a great solution for small and medium business with a low number of transactions. If you do bigger business you will need to look into other solutions like RedBus or similar.

Yeah, I saw the list of maxmind checks, but I would like to know what checks are getting an high "high-risk" score?

Max Mind

Max Mind is pure awesomeness I've been using it for the last three years I love it !

The score is high only if the details entered and the IP the order is from have a big distance in them. Like a person who entered UK details using a US IP.

Also, you can perform phone verification which is something we have enabled on all orders, we burn through a good $20 of phone verification a day.
    TrentaHost INC. || Fully Managed DDoS Protected Services Globally (NA - EU - Asia)
    Reseller Hosting- Pure SSD | Litespeed | Imunify360 | CloudLinux | 24x7 Support | Mailchannels
    Linux & Windows DDoS Protected SSD VPS - cPanel / WHM | DDoS Protection | Let's Encrypt | Pure-SSD
    DDoS Protected Locations : Portland, OR (North America) | Amsterdam, NL (Europe) | Singapore (Asia)