Thread: Billing Script?

Billing Script?

I've seen a lot happening around WHMcs...

I am starting to reopen my web portal for clients and future clients what billing system should I use?

I know there is Blista , BoxBilling , Clientexec and WHMcs.. I've always liked to use WHMcs but is it still good a professional to still use or should i go with an alternative .

Moved > Hosting Software and Control Panels .

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Still many people use whmcs i think
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

Tons left whmcs. I switched to Clientexec and love it. Clientexec v5 will be awesome when it is released.

Boxbilling is garbage. Half the time it won't process orders when you start growing. Either that or it won't process payments or even ask for them.
    █ █ █

Re: Billing Script?

Isnt blesta nice? I can see just three files are encoded, so it can be customized well.

Is clientexec developed with php, is it encoded?
    The coder.

Well Mate blesta is nice but still many hosting companies prefer WHMCS only.

I am considering between WHMcs and Clientexec I really like clientexec and feel that I might just go with them.

Re: Billing Script?

Have u tried blesta?
    The coder.

Your list is missing HostBill, but unless you have a big budget, it is quite an expensive (though nice!) tool. As much as I have knocked on WHMCS for the last few weeks over this security debacle, it is still a good and robust tool. ClientExec (which I've used in the past), however, is stable, reliable and gets the job the done - it just may not have all the bells and whistles (such as plugins and additional modules) WHMCS has. v5 looks nice, though, and will not hesitate to try the new version when it comes out.

Whichever one you pick make sure you are 100% happy with it. The worst possible thing would be having your business dependant on software that no longer does what you need it to do.

Personally I'd say:

1) Check it has the exact features you need
    2) Check it's got a stable development path, and isn't being left months with nothing happening.
    3) Speak directly with the developers about their willingness to add features, do custom work, etc
    4) If the main developers aren't able to do custom work for you, find someone you can use as at some point you may need them.

Whilst the chances of finding software that does exactly what you want are pretty low, picking the one that comes close, then having someone decent customise it for you is going to be your best option. Don't however think 'oh well everyone uses X so I guess I'll use it too'.
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

If we ever left WHMCS it would be for HostBill.

However, when HostBill gets as popular as WHMCS they will see as many exploits. And will they be as proactive as WHMCS in fixing these exploits? There might be a lot of them but they are very good at fixing them too.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

We're very happy with Blesta and will be migrating as soon as our customer audit is done. ClientExec v5 looks extremely promising as well.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

Blesta and ClientExec sound promising
    our clients have good demand for clientexec
    VMakerHOST » Providing Amazing Services since 2010
    Three Datacenter Locations: Chicago, Netherlands & Singapore
    █ Reseller Hosting with WHMCS | End User Support | Premium Network | 24x7-365 Support
    ShoutCAST, Web Hosting, Virtual Servers & Dedicated Servers. Managed options available

Blesta would be my #1 choice, after plenty of horror stories with WHMCS and Hostbill recently (and personal experience of those stories), I'm SO glad I'm on Blesta now.

It lacks a few of the features they have, but the Dev team is actually involved with the clients (respond to forums posts on a daily basis, prioritize development based on what the clients want, etc)...and it's coming along very nicely.

We use WHMCS and it's probably the most requested billing software amongst our customers.
    Blazing Fast Hosting From A2 Hosting - Design Your Perfect VPS Hosting Package
    -Pay Only For The Resources You Need - High-Performance SwiftServers - SSDs With Page Loads Up To 300% Faster Than Standard Hosting! - 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - A2 QuickInstaller - Choose Your Linux OS - Instant Activation - Risk-Free Money Back Guarantee - Choose Your Hosting Location

Quote Originally Posted by NexDog View Post
    If we ever left WHMCS it would be for HostBill.

However, when HostBill gets as popular as WHMCS they will see as many exploits. And will they be as proactive as WHMCS in fixing these exploits? There might be a lot of them but they are very good at fixing them too.
    I've personally never seen the hostbill code, but I don't expect it to be as terrible as whmcs. So that's a unfair assumption there.
    █ █ █

Quote Originally Posted by rits View Post
    I've personally never seen the hostbill code, but I don't expect it to be as terrible as whmcs. So that's a unfair assumption there.
    I thought I heard that Hostbill was based on WHMCS. Could be wrong though.

How about ClientExec?
    If you steal from one author, it’s plagiarism; if you steal from many, it’s research

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    I thought I heard that Hostbill was based on WHMCS. Could be wrong though.
    Are you trying to suggest that Hostbill is using WHMCS code for their own software? Are you just spreading a rumor further without any actual knowledge? If so, to what end?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
    Are you trying to suggest that Hostbill is using WHMCS code for their own software? Are you just spreading a rumor further without any actual knowledge? If so, to what end?
    From: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...0&postcount=19 WHMCS-Matt:
    I know it's widely accepted that copying is the highest form of flattery, so thank you for that but HostBill, come on, your copying of WHMCS is outright blatent! You appear to have taken a lot of inspiration from WHMCS. Actually, let me rephrase that - copied a lot of layout from WHMCS and practically all of the tables/text within it are identical...
    From: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...8&postcount=24 WHMCS-Matt:
    I'm certainly not wasting my time here, and not here to have a slanging match with you, just pointing out to everyone that you have plagiarised a lot of your text & layout straight from our WHMCS software (even parts of our site aswell) and now we see you aren't denying that fact. You've clearly recognised we're doing a good thing, it's just questionable the way you've gone about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HostBill View Post
    I'm happy to answer this question. Not sure about WHMCS, but i guess they're using lot of oldfashioned solutions since it will work on PHP4. HostBill is designed for PHP5.1 and will run only with this or higher versions. Written entirely in OOP using MVC pattern (HostBill will soon become "framework" for custom solutions for other developers who want to contribute and create their addons to it) and it is no secret that HostBill uses PDO as database handler for models and its known as fast and secure solution.

So finally: No code were taken from whmcs (it even would be hard as its source is encoded as well as HostBill is).
    I'd like to point out that I'm not a HostBill user nor am I distributor for any competing products. In a hosting billing software, there's only so many ways to collect the same data.

Here you have the developer of HB say that none of WHMCS' code was used. I have not seen anyone show any proof through the years that any WHMCS code is actually in the HB code base.

So why do these rumors persist? Surely it's not because they are persisted by folks with agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
    Can't seem to find the post, too many WHMCS threads, but I believe they said that Hostbill used the same code techniques.

@Jay H: Well, at that time (4 years ago), I did look in the HostBill template, and to me it was clearly that HTML tables had been copied. I am not using HostBill, and have not looked into the templates again after that, I would guess they have been changed completely since then.

At the same time, it is clear that it is no big task to decode ioncube files, so I was suspicious, and still is. To me it seems that HostBill out of nowhere suddenly had a fully developed solution, wich I would think should take many years to create from scratch ...

Also there has been security fixes from HostBill only a few days after the same fixes was done on WHMCS, but I don't remember wich one it was any longer, it is years ago. Maybe it was the Smarty security thing ...

But, I don't care, I don't use HostBill, and will soon migrate away from WHMCS.