comodo ssl certificate

I ordered a comodo SSL certificate yesterday and they asked for proof of address so provided proof of that, but now they say...

"We have accepted the bank statement. In order to verify the existence of your organization we must be able to find it listed either in an official government database or a third party database such as Dunn & Bradstreet along with the phone number(www.dnb.com)"

But I am unsure how to register with dnb.com and if there is a cost for this, seems a bit overkill as I am only a sole trader.

Can anyone please provide some assistance?

Out of curiosity, what kind of SSL certificate are you trying to get them to assign?

instantssl

Comodo is a known bottom-feeding spammer. Step one is getting any SSL cert which is NOT from them. They use robots to scan for SSL connections and then send 'renewal' notices to the owners of the cert. Kind of like getting those "renew your yellow pages ad" scam in the mail. They are the only SSL vendor which does this - and if you contact them about it their sales droids will immediately deny they know nothing about it. Been that way for at around 10 years that I know of. Bottom feeders...

An InstantSSL or from Thawte the QuickSSL only needs to verify that your email address is attached to the domain registration. We have bought hundreds of them and never once had to verify any info beyond an email address.

Comodo is probably trying to milk you for more info they can put into their spammer database. They do not need business verification to issue a instant/quick SSL cert.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnStern View Post
    An InstantSSL or from Thawte the QuickSSL only needs to verify that your email address is attached to the domain registration. We have bought hundreds of them and never once had to verify any info beyond an email address.
    +1 I have ordered several InstanSSL's and they have never needed an address from me. Ask them about what the address is for and why they need it

It's the SSL certificate with the "Corner of TrustLogo", I know it probably means very little to customers, just that I like the look of it.