Thread: HostMada

* HostMada

your server is down again... how about you do something about this?

what a joke "We offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee with all of our plans which is monitored by reliable third party companies. Whether it's the day or night, you can be confident that your website is safe in our professional hands."

My site was down the whole night and even their site was down, so I can't submit a ticket...

October 30, 2013 22:55:49 San Francisco United States Failed

This is the response I get when I test my site with siteuptime.com...

Great service. I don't recommend them at all.

Hi Tym,
    I'm really sorry what's happened for.
    If a client abuses of our server (CPU Abuse or DDos Attack) he affects every client whose account is registered in that server.
    The actions have been taken and everything is working fine now.
    Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Andrea Mada

Doesn't seem to work fine.

Check this result from pingdom:

Load time 26.65s

Compared to another site, the same filesize of the page requests (around 200kB)

Load time 4.91s

Even your site is down:

Quick check for: hostmada.com (http)

Date City Country Time (s) Result
    October 31, 2013 05:54:42 San Francisco United States 10.006 Failed

This says enough, I guess

Indeed there are some problems with the server. As I told you before we are getting quite a lot of attacks lately that causes the server to be slow sometimes.
    We are working with the data center accomodating the server to get this issue solved as soon as possible.
    Meanwhile we do apologise for the troubles caused. Please , bear with us as we are doing our best to restore the normal work of the server.
    Last edited by HostMada - Andrea; 10-31-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Well, I understand, things happen, but still.. it's more then a full day since the server is down. This thing doesn't help too much for SEO rankings. I have a website on another host that lost a few rankings because of server downtimes, so I know how important this is now...

2 days and counting... Can't even connect to cPanel to get a backup up the site to move it somewhere else... speechless

Finally the downtimes are over. We have gift to each of our client +3 free days of service so next invoice date has changed for everyone.
    We got in touch with the data center and they told us that it was caused mainly to backup processes running.

Yeah.. true, now it loads, at least.. but 40 seconds for a WP site with 4 posts? Really? Your site loaded in more than 20 seconds, tested with pingdom tools.

You think 3 free hosting days mean anything? You can offer me 3 months, I won't keep my sites on your hosting, no offence. Good luck in the hosting business, I guess you're new to this

PS: remove this from your pages:

"We offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee with all of our plans which is monitored by reliable third party companies. Whether it's the day or night, you can be confident that your website is safe in our professional hands."

I explained what the downtimes were caused by (data center) and you are continuing to complain about us.
    We do our best to guarantee an high uptime infact it's not frequent(it's never happened since we moved to another server) but if the data center encounter problems what can we do? We have already opened various support tickets.
    If 30 hours (or less) have been too long for you, you are free to proceed as you prefer of course.
    Good luck to you too.
    P.S. There is also an announcement about it https://hostmada.com/clients/announcements.php?id=2
    Last edited by HostMada - Andrea; 11-01-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andreamada View Post
    I explained what the downtimes were caused by
    Not really. In your second post and the announcement you linked it's DDoS, but in your third post .. "it was caused mainly to backup processes running"

Slightly confusing?

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    Not really. In your second post and the announcement you linked it's DDoS, but in your third post .. "it was caused mainly to backup processes running"

Slightly confusing?
    Hi Loon,
    they told us that there were DDos Attacks and at the same time there were also many backup processes running.
    Proof:
    http://prntscr.com/217cum

Finally the downtimes are over. We have gift to each of our client +3 free days of service so next invoice date has changed for everyone.
    We got in touch with the data center and they told us that it was caused mainly to backup processes running.
    3 days if free hosting isn't much tbh.

If 30 hours (or less) have been too long for you, you are free to proceed as you prefer of course.
    Good luck to you too.
    30 hours of downtime is actually a really long time. Not something that should happen.
    TaleHost | Quality Web Hosting | US / Asia
    LiteSpeed | Pure SSD | Softacolous | Automated Backups

During these 30 hours the sites haven't been always down but they were simply quite slow to load.
    They have been fully down only few hours.

3 days not enought as gift more like a joke atleast a free month! my opinion

30 hours of downtime is too much. we have backups in place and would shift clients to temporary servers while the issue was being fixed.

what 30 hours? that's what they say. it's not the 3rd day when the site is down. so, at least 50 hours and counting... even their site is down. as I said, they should think about changing the business, hosting is not for them.. and they consider themselves professionals... bad, bad, bad

If you're not happy with them, wait for their servers to come back up (good luck!), get a backup, get new hosting, and move on with your life.

It is both too easy to move your account and there are far too many providers out there for you to have to deal with sub-par service.

Well, that's what I want to do, but can't get the backup of my sites. I can't access FTP or cPanel or anything... can't connect to my sites in any way yet.. so, still waiting...

Although it's easier said than done, always keep your own backups.

Let's hope that they still have your data and you can get it. But still keep your own backups. You never know what could happen

Well, I do create my own backups, but I just didn't get the time to create them, because the websites are like 1-2 months old.. Don't have too much on them, but still. Yeah, I could have had my backups, but this doesn't mean they can't offer a decent service

Anyway, if the site won't come back in another day, I'll use the google cache to get the text back for my articles...

Quote Originally Posted by tym007 View Post
    Well, I do create my own backups, but I just didn't get the time to create them, because the websites are like 1-2 months old.. Don't have too much on them, but still. Yeah, I could have had my backups, but this doesn't mean they can't offer a decent service

Anyway, if the site won't come back in another day, I'll use the google cache to get the text back for my articles...
    Not faulting you - but it takes minutes and not days, weeks, or months to generate a backup. You state your sites were 1 to 2 months old - you had 1 to 2 months to generate a backup and download it.

Learn from this - don't make the same mistake twice [please].

Well, ofc I did. I have now backups from all the servers where I have my sites spread and they are hosted on Amazon S3... it takes a mistake like this to learn to be more careful

The site is loading quite well so you are able to get a backup of your files and to get a new hosting.
    Anyway as one of our client said the "Sites Have Been Up And Down Sporadically for 2+ hours".
    Proof: http://prntscr.com/21dl77
    During these 30 hours, as I said before, the sites have been simply slow to load while they have been fully down only for 2-4 hours.
    If you need further help or assistance related to the issue and/or to your hosting account open a Support Ticket in your Client Area.
    Last edited by HostMada - Andrea; 11-02-2013 at 05:24 AM.

Wow... i tried constantly to login to cPanel or connect with filezilla to download the files and it didn't work for almost 3 days and you say they were loading slow? I don't even know why I bother with you... I'll stop here. I said what I had to say

I've tried right now and I'm able to login to cPanel/WHM both with our own account and with clients' accounts and FTP is working fine too.
    I'm sorry but I can't assist you here.
    It's bad to say but if you are not happy with us, you can move to a new hosting, we don't force you to stay with us of course.
    Anyway it has been a pleasure having you as our client.
    Good luck and I'm really sorry if we have not satisfied you.
    Last edited by HostMada - Andrea; 11-02-2013 at 05:40 AM.

Well, right now it works. I just don't have time to monitor your host and post prinscreens, I already invested too much energy into this. Good thing I managed to move a site and since now it's working, I'll move what's left. Good luck in the future