Exclamation Shared Hosting server specs and configuration needed

What are your server specs and configuration suggestions for a shared hosting?

Here are my requirements:

1. My target clients are owners of ecommerce websites, forums, online dating sites, and other website that uses more CPU than a normal website. I already have clients interested and waiting.

2. Im planning to get a managed server since I only know basic server stuffs and control panels. Is it better if I will buy unmanaged dedicated server and hire server admin for regular maintenance?

3. My monthly budget for all(server, control panel, server maintenance,etc) is $200.

I need more suggestions.

Location? What control panel?

why not buy a vps first with a little high configuration. That will cost you around $40-$50/month. Once you grow and your websites grow buy a dedicated server. Till then you will get use to it also. By the what are your requirements? as in bandwidth, storage.. etc..?
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    Location? What control panel?
    US location
    cPanel/WHM

Quote Originally Posted by alex0 View Post
    why not buy a vps first with a little high configuration. That will cost you around $40-$50/month. Once you grow and your websites grow buy a dedicated server. Till then you will get use to it also. By the what are your requirements? as in bandwidth, storage.. etc..?
    I already have VPS and with clients hosted. How can I check if I already need to upgrade server?
    For the storage, I need RAID-10

Thanks for the replies!

Check your resource usage from your control panel on your VPS. If it is getting utilized closely to 80-90%, then consider upgrading. Also consult your host provider first before making the final decision.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

Like Alex0 said, it depends on your usage. If you don't need a dedicated server at the moment, just upgrade your VPS.

I'd recommend getting a KnownHost dedicated box (they're managed and with coupons some should be < $200). They come with cPanel and you should be able to use CloudLinux to limit some of the clients CPU usage.

Also it can be more expensive or less expensive to get a server management company. To me, it makes more sense to have the main provider do the management. That way you have one business to work with, and you won't find yourself liaising as "man in the middle" between the server managers and the datacenter

My two cents.

Moved > Dedicated Server .

I Will Recommend to get dedicated server starter package there are many companies who are giving free cpanel with dedicated server or fully managed services.

I am planning to start with dedicated server instead of VPS because I am getting more clients in the next few weeks, and their websites uses more resources.

My current server is 2GB knownhost VPS and I can see server load is increasing and needs to be upgraded soon..

try looking in offers section. think u might get good offers with promo code. also u can look in lowendbox.com for more offers on dedicated servers.