Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Hosters' test download files

    Is there such place where i can download for a test 100mb files of various US hosters

    thx in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    2,608

  3. #3
    yeah, but sometimes it's very hard to find that file, only with google

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    WebHostingTalk
    Posts
    16,966
    Ask them instead?

    I am sure the reason you want to test the speed is because you are interested in their service right?
    Specially 4 You
    .
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

  5. #5
    yeah, but it takes time to request like a dozen of hosters
    we have changed 2 hosters already, since some of our visitors are heaving speed issues.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    2,608
    Quote Originally Posted by daizzzy View Post
    yeah, but it takes time to request like a dozen of hosters
    we have changed 2 hosters already, since some of our visitors are heaving speed issues.
    That sounds more like either an application problem or a location problem.

    1) Check your application handles lots of visitors well
    2) Choose a location near your visitors.

    Choosing the host who you can download a test file from fastest isn't going to be the best for your consumers in most circumstances - it's only indicating the speed to yourself.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    305
    I try to keep a list for myself, but its likely outdated. Thought about starting a WHT wiki entry for it before.

    Code:
    OVH.net - http://proof.ovh.net/
    OVH (Roubaix (Paris?), France EU) - http://proof.ovh.net/files/100Mb.dat
    
    LeaseWeb.com - http://mirror.leaseweb.net/
    LeaseWeb (Haarlem, Neatherlands EU) - http://mirror.nl.leaseweb.net/speedtest/100mb.bin
    LeaseWeb (Frankfurt, Germany EU) - http://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/speedtest/100mb.bin
    LeaseWeb (Manassas, VA US) - http://mirror.us.leaseweb.net/speedtest/100mb.bin
    
    Hivelocity.com - http://hvvc.net/100mbtest
    Hivelocity (Tampa, FL USA) - http://img.hivelocity.net/dl/100MB.file
    
    WiredTree.com - http://speedtest.wiredtree.com/
    WiredTree (Chicago, IL USA) - http://speedtest.wiredtree.com/100mb.bin
    
    LimestoneNetworks.com - http://www.limestonenetworks.com/datacenter/speedtest.html
    LimestoneNetworks (Dallas, TX USA) - http://208.115.252.42/speedtest/test100.zip
    
    HostDime.com - http://www.hostdime.com/facilities/speed-test/
    HostDime (Orlando, FL USA) - http://72.29.70.131/128mbfile.tgz
    HostDime (New Delhi, India APA) - http://109.73.166.3/file_128MB
    HostDime (London, UK EU) - http://109.73.162.240/~phpinfot/128mbfile.tgz
    HostDime (Amsterdam, NL EU) - http://109.73.174.10/128mbfile.tgz
    HostDime (Paraiba, Brazil SA) - http://187.45.182.231/128mbfile.tgz
    HostDime (Guadalajara, Mexico NA) - http://200.57.85.129/128mbfile.tgz
    
    peer1.com - http://www.peer1.com/infrastructure/data_centers.php
    PEER 1 (Fremont, CA USA) - http://speedtestfmt.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Los Angeles, CA USA) - http://speedtestla.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (San Antonio, TX USA) - http://speedtestsa.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Atlanta, GA USA) - http://speedtestatl.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Miami, FL USA) - http://speedtestmia.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Herndon, VA USA) - http://speedtestva.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (London, UK EU) - http://speedtestuk.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Toronto, CA NA) - http://speedtesttor.com/100_MB.BIN
    
    Linode.com - http://www.linode.com/speedtest/
    Linode (Tokyo, JP APA) - http://tokyo1.linode.com/100MB-tokyo.bin
    Linode (London, UK EU) - http://london1.linode.com/100MB-london.bin
    Linode (Dallas, TX USA) - http://dallas1.linode.com/100MB-dallas.bin
    Linode (Atlanta, GA USA) - http://atlanta1.linode.com/100MB-atlanta.bin
    Linode (Fremont, CA USA) - http://fremont1.linode.com/100MB-fremont.bin
    Linode (Newark, NJ USA) - http://newark1.linode.com/100MB-newark.bin
    
    SingleHop - http://www.singlehop.com/why_singlehop/data_center_details.php
    SingleHop (Chicago, IL USA) - http://leap.singlehop.com/speedtest/100megabytefile.tar.gz
    SingleHop (Elk Grove Village, IL USA) - http://dft.singlehop.com/100megabytefile.tar.gz  
     
    FDC Servers - http://lg.fdcservers.net/
    FDC Servers (Denver, CO USA) - http://lg.denver.fdcservers.net/100MBtest.zip
    FDC Servers (Chicago, IL USA) - http://lg.chicago.fdcservers.net/100MBtest.zip
    FDC Servers (Zlin, Czech Republic EU) - http://lg.zlin.fdcservers.net/100MBtest.zip
    
    SecuredServers - http://www.securedservers.com/speedtest.htm?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=430&width=638
    SecuredServers (Phoenix, AZ USA) - http://174.138.175.114/100mb-file.zip
    
    Softlayer.com - http://www.softlayer.com/advantages/datacenters/overview/
    Softlayer (Washington, DC USA) - http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (Seattle, WA USA) - http://speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (Dallas, TX USA) - http://speedtest.dal01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (San Jose, CA USA) - http://speedtest.sjc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (Houston, TX USA) - http://speedtest.hou02.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (?, Singapore APA) - http://speedtest.sng01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    
    dacentec.com - http://mirror.dacentec.com/
    Dacentec (Lenior, NC USA) - http://mirror.dacentec.com/100MB.bin
    
    oplink.net - http://speedtest.oplink.net/raw/
    oplink (Houston, TX USA) - http://speedtest.oplink.net/raw/100mb.zip
    
    IOFLOOD.com - http://www.ioflood.com/faq.php
    IOFLOOD (Phoenix, AZ USA) - http://www.ioflood.com/100mbtest.bin 
    
    DedicatedNow.com - http://speed.fortressitx.com/blocks/
    DedicatedNow (Clifton, NJ USA) - http://speed.fortressitx.com/blocks/100M
    
    VolumeDrive.com - http://volumedrive.com/tos/
    VolumeDrive (Scranton, PA USA) - http://www.volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz
    
    JoesDatacenter.com - http://www.joesdatacenter.com/Network_Overview.html
    Joe's Datacenter (Kansas City, MO USA) - http://joesdatacenter.com/100MB.zip
    
    WholeSaleInternet.com -
    WholeSaleInternet (Kansas City, KY USA) - http://www.wholesaleinternet.com/100mbit.bin
    
    Burst.Net - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1133745
    BurstNet (Scranton, PA USA) - http://66.96.192.225/bigtest.tgz
    BurstNet (Los Angeles, CA USA) - http://184.82.225.2/bigtest.tgz
    BurstNet (Miami, FL USA) - http://184.22.119.122/bigtest.tgz
    BurstNet (Chicago, IL USA) - http://184.82.112.146/bigtest.tgz
    BurstNet (Manchester, UK EU) - http://184.22.119.122/bigtest.tgz
    
    serverius.com - http://speedtest.serverius.com/
    serverius (Dronten, NL EU) - http://speedtest.serverius.com/2000/100mb.bin
    
    Server.lu - http://www.server.lu/support-faq
    Server.lu (?, Luxemburough EU) - http://www.server.lu/speed.test
    
    GNAX.net/NetDepot.com - http://www.netdepot.com/atlanta-hosting/atlanta-data-center.html
    NetDepot (Atlanta, GA USA) - http://www.netdepot.com/speedtest/100MB.BIN
    NetDepot (Dallas, TX USA) - http://74.81.88.106/speedtest/100MB.BIN
    
    QuadraNet.com - http://www.quadranet.com/la_datacenter.php#
    QuadraNet (Los Angeles, CA USA) - http://www.quadranet.com/speedtests/100mb.bin
    QuadraNet (Dallas, TX USA) - http://www.dal01.quadranet.com/speedtests/100mb.bin
    
    liquidweb.com - 
    liquidweb (Lansing, MI USA) - http://www.liquidweb.com/data/100mb.bin
    
    SwiftWay.net - http://speedtest.swiftway.net/
    SwiftWay (Amsterdam, Neatherlands EU) - http://speedtest.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    SwiftWay (Amsterdam, Neatherlands EU) [EvoSwitch] - http://speedtest-netherlands1.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    SwiftWay (Amsterdam, Neatherlands EU) [EasyNet] - http://speedtest-netherlands2.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    SwiftWay (Chicago, IL USA) - http://speedtest-chicago1.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    SwiftWay (Freemont, CA USA) - http://speedtest-california1.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    
    Steadfast.net - http://steadfast.net/corporate/lookingglass.php
    Steadfast Networks (Chicago, IL USA) - http://testfile.chi.steadfast.net/data.bin 
    Steadfast Networks (New York, NY USA) - http://testfile.nyc.steadfast.net/data.bin
    
    COLOUnlimited.com - http://www.colounlimited.com/speedtest
    ColoUnlimited (Dallas, TX USA) - http://www.colounlimited.com/128mb.test.file.zip
    
    CoreNetworks.net - http://corenetworks.net/network/
    CoreNetworks (Lansing, MI USA) - http://corenetworks.net/100MB-testfile.zip
    
    DotVPS.net - https://dotvps.net/speed-tests.php
    DotVPS (Scranton, PA USA) - http://tech.dotvps.net/speeds/100mb.test
    DotVPS (Amsterdam, NL EU) - http://93.174.91.7/speeds/100mb.test
    DotVPS (Nordrhien-Westfalen, DE EU) - http://apollo.dotvps.net/~speedtes/100mb.test
    
    Serverboost (?, Netherlands EU) - http://www.serverboost.nl/snelheid/100mb.bin
    
    Gigenet.com - http://www.gigenet.com/information-center/internap-optimized-network/speed-tests.html
    Gigenet (Arlington Heights, IL USA) - http://www.gigenet.com/files/100MB.zip
    
    Ecatel.nl - http://ecatel.nl/
    Ecatel (The Hague, NL EU) - http://mirror.ecatel.net/speedtest/100mb.bin
    
    ReliableServers.com - http://speedtest.reliableservers.com/
    ReliableServer (Newark, NJ US) - http://speedtest.reliableservers.com/100MBtest.bin
    
    choopa.com - http://speedtest.choopa.net/
    choopa (Newark, NJ US) - http://speedtest.choopa.net/100MBtest.bin
    
    YISP.com - http://www.yisp.com/about/network
    YISP (Amsterdam, NL EU) - http://37.220.34.2/file1000mb.bin
    YISP (Amsterdam, NL EU) [We Dare] - http://46.182.104.7:81/file1000mb.bin
    YISP (Miami, FL US) - http://www.yisp.com/file1000mb.bin
    
    EDIS.at - http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/edis-e3-99-256mb-kvm-in-switzerland-austria-us/
    EDIS (Graz, AT EU) - http://at.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (Zurich, CH EU) - http://ch.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (London, UK EU) - http://uk.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (Milano, IT EU) - http://it.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (Frankfurt, DE EU) - http://de.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (Chicago, IL US) - http://us.edis.at/100mb.bin
    
    Hetzner (?, Germany EU) - http://hetzner.de/100MB.iso
    
    ---OTHER---
    CDN TEST FILES:
    
    Cachefly.net - http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    
    gogrid.com - https://wiki.gogrid.com/wiki/index.php/GoGrid_CDN#Performance
    http://test.cdn.gogrid.com/50Mfile

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    US; UK/EU; Asia/Australia
    Posts
    893
    You should contact the host you want to test and ask for an IP and a test file.
    Then you can tracert the hoster's servers and download speed.
    Keep in mind straight download speed is no guarantee your visitors will have good experience.
    Maybe your CMS does not handle them well or maybe you have more visitors than your hosting account can handle. Or maybe you have CPU hungry plugins which are not able to cope with the visitors on a shared host.
    You should address your visitor's complaints to your host, maybe he will be able to sort it out.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by HackedServer View Post
    I try to keep a list for myself, but its likely outdated. Thought about starting a WHT wiki entry for it before.

    Code:
    OVH.net - http://proof.ovh.net/
    OVH (Roubaix (Paris?), France EU) - http://proof.ovh.net/files/100Mb.dat
    
    LeaseWeb.com - http://mirror.leaseweb.net/
    LeaseWeb (Haarlem, Neatherlands EU) - http://mirror.nl.leaseweb.net/speedtest/100mb.bin
    LeaseWeb (Frankfurt, Germany EU) - http://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/speedtest/100mb.bin
    LeaseWeb (Manassas, VA US) - http://mirror.us.leaseweb.net/speedtest/100mb.bin
    
    Hivelocity.com - http://hvvc.net/100mbtest
    Hivelocity (Tampa, FL USA) - http://img.hivelocity.net/dl/100MB.file
    
    WiredTree.com - http://speedtest.wiredtree.com/
    WiredTree (Chicago, IL USA) - http://speedtest.wiredtree.com/100mb.bin
    
    LimestoneNetworks.com - http://www.limestonenetworks.com/datacenter/speedtest.html
    LimestoneNetworks (Dallas, TX USA) - http://208.115.252.42/speedtest/test100.zip
    
    HostDime.com - http://www.hostdime.com/facilities/speed-test/
    HostDime (Orlando, FL USA) - http://72.29.70.131/128mbfile.tgz
    HostDime (New Delhi, India APA) - http://109.73.166.3/file_128MB
    HostDime (London, UK EU) - http://109.73.162.240/~phpinfot/128mbfile.tgz
    HostDime (Amsterdam, NL EU) - http://109.73.174.10/128mbfile.tgz
    HostDime (Paraiba, Brazil SA) - http://187.45.182.231/128mbfile.tgz
    HostDime (Guadalajara, Mexico NA) - http://200.57.85.129/128mbfile.tgz
    
    peer1.com - http://www.peer1.com/infrastructure/data_centers.php
    PEER 1 (Fremont, CA USA) - http://speedtestfmt.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Los Angeles, CA USA) - http://speedtestla.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (San Antonio, TX USA) - http://speedtestsa.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Atlanta, GA USA) - http://speedtestatl.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Miami, FL USA) - http://speedtestmia.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Herndon, VA USA) - http://speedtestva.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (London, UK EU) - http://speedtestuk.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Toronto, CA NA) - http://speedtesttor.com/100_MB.BIN
    
    Linode.com - http://www.linode.com/speedtest/
    Linode (Tokyo, JP APA) - http://tokyo1.linode.com/100MB-tokyo.bin
    Linode (London, UK EU) - http://london1.linode.com/100MB-london.bin
    Linode (Dallas, TX USA) - http://dallas1.linode.com/100MB-dallas.bin
    Linode (Atlanta, GA USA) - http://atlanta1.linode.com/100MB-atlanta.bin
    Linode (Fremont, CA USA) - http://fremont1.linode.com/100MB-fremont.bin
    Linode (Newark, NJ USA) - http://newark1.linode.com/100MB-newark.bin
    
    SingleHop - http://www.singlehop.com/why_singlehop/data_center_details.php
    SingleHop (Chicago, IL USA) - http://leap.singlehop.com/speedtest/100megabytefile.tar.gz
    SingleHop (Elk Grove Village, IL USA) - http://dft.singlehop.com/100megabytefile.tar.gz  
     
    FDC Servers - http://lg.fdcservers.net/
    FDC Servers (Denver, CO USA) - http://lg.denver.fdcservers.net/100MBtest.zip
    FDC Servers (Chicago, IL USA) - http://lg.chicago.fdcservers.net/100MBtest.zip
    FDC Servers (Zlin, Czech Republic EU) - http://lg.zlin.fdcservers.net/100MBtest.zip
    
    SecuredServers - http://www.securedservers.com/speedtest.htm?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=430&width=638
    SecuredServers (Phoenix, AZ USA) - http://174.138.175.114/100mb-file.zip
    
    Softlayer.com - http://www.softlayer.com/advantages/datacenters/overview/
    Softlayer (Washington, DC USA) - http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (Seattle, WA USA) - http://speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (Dallas, TX USA) - http://speedtest.dal01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (San Jose, CA USA) - http://speedtest.sjc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (Houston, TX USA) - http://speedtest.hou02.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (?, Singapore APA) - http://speedtest.sng01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    
    dacentec.com - http://mirror.dacentec.com/
    Dacentec (Lenior, NC USA) - http://mirror.dacentec.com/100MB.bin
    
    oplink.net - http://speedtest.oplink.net/raw/
    oplink (Houston, TX USA) - http://speedtest.oplink.net/raw/100mb.zip
    
    IOFLOOD.com - http://www.ioflood.com/faq.php
    IOFLOOD (Phoenix, AZ USA) - http://www.ioflood.com/100mbtest.bin 
    
    DedicatedNow.com - http://speed.fortressitx.com/blocks/
    DedicatedNow (Clifton, NJ USA) - http://speed.fortressitx.com/blocks/100M
    
    VolumeDrive.com - http://volumedrive.com/tos/
    VolumeDrive (Scranton, PA USA) - http://www.volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz
    
    JoesDatacenter.com - http://www.joesdatacenter.com/Network_Overview.html
    Joe's Datacenter (Kansas City, MO USA) - http://joesdatacenter.com/100MB.zip
    
    WholeSaleInternet.com -
    WholeSaleInternet (Kansas City, KY USA) - http://www.wholesaleinternet.com/100mbit.bin
    
    Burst.Net - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1133745
    BurstNet (Scranton, PA USA) - http://66.96.192.225/bigtest.tgz
    BurstNet (Los Angeles, CA USA) - http://184.82.225.2/bigtest.tgz
    BurstNet (Miami, FL USA) - http://184.22.119.122/bigtest.tgz
    BurstNet (Chicago, IL USA) - http://184.82.112.146/bigtest.tgz
    BurstNet (Manchester, UK EU) - http://184.22.119.122/bigtest.tgz
    
    serverius.com - http://speedtest.serverius.com/
    serverius (Dronten, NL EU) - http://speedtest.serverius.com/2000/100mb.bin
    
    Server.lu - http://www.server.lu/support-faq
    Server.lu (?, Luxemburough EU) - http://www.server.lu/speed.test
    
    GNAX.net/NetDepot.com - http://www.netdepot.com/atlanta-hosting/atlanta-data-center.html
    NetDepot (Atlanta, GA USA) - http://www.netdepot.com/speedtest/100MB.BIN
    NetDepot (Dallas, TX USA) - http://74.81.88.106/speedtest/100MB.BIN
    
    QuadraNet.com - http://www.quadranet.com/la_datacenter.php#
    QuadraNet (Los Angeles, CA USA) - http://www.quadranet.com/speedtests/100mb.bin
    QuadraNet (Dallas, TX USA) - http://www.dal01.quadranet.com/speedtests/100mb.bin
    
    liquidweb.com - 
    liquidweb (Lansing, MI USA) - http://www.liquidweb.com/data/100mb.bin
    
    SwiftWay.net - http://speedtest.swiftway.net/
    SwiftWay (Amsterdam, Neatherlands EU) - http://speedtest.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    SwiftWay (Amsterdam, Neatherlands EU) [EvoSwitch] - http://speedtest-netherlands1.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    SwiftWay (Amsterdam, Neatherlands EU) [EasyNet] - http://speedtest-netherlands2.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    SwiftWay (Chicago, IL USA) - http://speedtest-chicago1.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    SwiftWay (Freemont, CA USA) - http://speedtest-california1.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    
    Steadfast.net - http://steadfast.net/corporate/lookingglass.php
    Steadfast Networks (Chicago, IL USA) - http://testfile.chi.steadfast.net/data.bin 
    Steadfast Networks (New York, NY USA) - http://testfile.nyc.steadfast.net/data.bin
    
    COLOUnlimited.com - http://www.colounlimited.com/speedtest
    ColoUnlimited (Dallas, TX USA) - http://www.colounlimited.com/128mb.test.file.zip
    
    CoreNetworks.net - http://corenetworks.net/network/
    CoreNetworks (Lansing, MI USA) - http://corenetworks.net/100MB-testfile.zip
    
    DotVPS.net - https://dotvps.net/speed-tests.php
    DotVPS (Scranton, PA USA) - http://tech.dotvps.net/speeds/100mb.test
    DotVPS (Amsterdam, NL EU) - http://93.174.91.7/speeds/100mb.test
    DotVPS (Nordrhien-Westfalen, DE EU) - http://apollo.dotvps.net/~speedtes/100mb.test
    
    Serverboost (?, Netherlands EU) - http://www.serverboost.nl/snelheid/100mb.bin
    
    Gigenet.com - http://www.gigenet.com/information-center/internap-optimized-network/speed-tests.html
    Gigenet (Arlington Heights, IL USA) - http://www.gigenet.com/files/100MB.zip
    
    Ecatel.nl - http://ecatel.nl/
    Ecatel (The Hague, NL EU) - http://mirror.ecatel.net/speedtest/100mb.bin
    
    ReliableServers.com - http://speedtest.reliableservers.com/
    ReliableServer (Newark, NJ US) - http://speedtest.reliableservers.com/100MBtest.bin
    
    choopa.com - http://speedtest.choopa.net/
    choopa (Newark, NJ US) - http://speedtest.choopa.net/100MBtest.bin
    
    YISP.com - http://www.yisp.com/about/network
    YISP (Amsterdam, NL EU) - http://37.220.34.2/file1000mb.bin
    YISP (Amsterdam, NL EU) [We Dare] - http://46.182.104.7:81/file1000mb.bin
    YISP (Miami, FL US) - http://www.yisp.com/file1000mb.bin
    
    EDIS.at - http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/edis-e3-99-256mb-kvm-in-switzerland-austria-us/
    EDIS (Graz, AT EU) - http://at.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (Zurich, CH EU) - http://ch.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (London, UK EU) - http://uk.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (Milano, IT EU) - http://it.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (Frankfurt, DE EU) - http://de.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (Chicago, IL US) - http://us.edis.at/100mb.bin
    
    Hetzner (?, Germany EU) - http://hetzner.de/100MB.iso
    
    ---OTHER---
    CDN TEST FILES:
    
    Cachefly.net - http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    
    gogrid.com - https://wiki.gogrid.com/wiki/index.php/GoGrid_CDN#Performance
    http://test.cdn.gogrid.com/50Mfile
    Thats a good collection. Good Work
    Do you mind if I use your list

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by HackedServer View Post
    I try to keep a list for myself, but its likely outdated. Thought about starting a WHT wiki entry for it before.

    Code:
    OVH.net - http://proof.ovh.net/
    OVH (Roubaix (Paris?), France EU) - http://proof.ovh.net/files/100Mb.dat
    
    LeaseWeb.com - http://mirror.leaseweb.net/
    LeaseWeb (Haarlem, Neatherlands EU) - http://mirror.nl.leaseweb.net/speedtest/100mb.bin
    LeaseWeb (Frankfurt, Germany EU) - http://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/speedtest/100mb.bin
    LeaseWeb (Manassas, VA US) - http://mirror.us.leaseweb.net/speedtest/100mb.bin
    
    Hivelocity.com - http://hvvc.net/100mbtest
    Hivelocity (Tampa, FL USA) - http://img.hivelocity.net/dl/100MB.file
    
    WiredTree.com - http://speedtest.wiredtree.com/
    WiredTree (Chicago, IL USA) - http://speedtest.wiredtree.com/100mb.bin
    
    LimestoneNetworks.com - http://www.limestonenetworks.com/datacenter/speedtest.html
    LimestoneNetworks (Dallas, TX USA) - http://208.115.252.42/speedtest/test100.zip
    
    HostDime.com - http://www.hostdime.com/facilities/speed-test/
    HostDime (Orlando, FL USA) - http://72.29.70.131/128mbfile.tgz
    HostDime (New Delhi, India APA) - http://109.73.166.3/file_128MB
    HostDime (London, UK EU) - http://109.73.162.240/~phpinfot/128mbfile.tgz
    HostDime (Amsterdam, NL EU) - http://109.73.174.10/128mbfile.tgz
    HostDime (Paraiba, Brazil SA) - http://187.45.182.231/128mbfile.tgz
    HostDime (Guadalajara, Mexico NA) - http://200.57.85.129/128mbfile.tgz
    
    peer1.com - http://www.peer1.com/infrastructure/data_centers.php
    PEER 1 (Fremont, CA USA) - http://speedtestfmt.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Los Angeles, CA USA) - http://speedtestla.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (San Antonio, TX USA) - http://speedtestsa.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Atlanta, GA USA) - http://speedtestatl.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Miami, FL USA) - http://speedtestmia.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Herndon, VA USA) - http://speedtestva.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (London, UK EU) - http://speedtestuk.com/100_MB.BIN
    PEER 1 (Toronto, CA NA) - http://speedtesttor.com/100_MB.BIN
    
    Linode.com - http://www.linode.com/speedtest/
    Linode (Tokyo, JP APA) - http://tokyo1.linode.com/100MB-tokyo.bin
    Linode (London, UK EU) - http://london1.linode.com/100MB-london.bin
    Linode (Dallas, TX USA) - http://dallas1.linode.com/100MB-dallas.bin
    Linode (Atlanta, GA USA) - http://atlanta1.linode.com/100MB-atlanta.bin
    Linode (Fremont, CA USA) - http://fremont1.linode.com/100MB-fremont.bin
    Linode (Newark, NJ USA) - http://newark1.linode.com/100MB-newark.bin
    
    SingleHop - http://www.singlehop.com/why_singlehop/data_center_details.php
    SingleHop (Chicago, IL USA) - http://leap.singlehop.com/speedtest/100megabytefile.tar.gz
    SingleHop (Elk Grove Village, IL USA) - http://dft.singlehop.com/100megabytefile.tar.gz  
     
    FDC Servers - http://lg.fdcservers.net/
    FDC Servers (Denver, CO USA) - http://lg.denver.fdcservers.net/100MBtest.zip
    FDC Servers (Chicago, IL USA) - http://lg.chicago.fdcservers.net/100MBtest.zip
    FDC Servers (Zlin, Czech Republic EU) - http://lg.zlin.fdcservers.net/100MBtest.zip
    
    SecuredServers - http://www.securedservers.com/speedtest.htm?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=430&width=638
    SecuredServers (Phoenix, AZ USA) - http://174.138.175.114/100mb-file.zip
    
    Softlayer.com - http://www.softlayer.com/advantages/datacenters/overview/
    Softlayer (Washington, DC USA) - http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (Seattle, WA USA) - http://speedtest.sea01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (Dallas, TX USA) - http://speedtest.dal01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (San Jose, CA USA) - http://speedtest.sjc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (Houston, TX USA) - http://speedtest.hou02.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    Softlayer (?, Singapore APA) - http://speedtest.sng01.softlayer.com/downloads/test100.zip
    
    dacentec.com - http://mirror.dacentec.com/
    Dacentec (Lenior, NC USA) - http://mirror.dacentec.com/100MB.bin
    
    oplink.net - http://speedtest.oplink.net/raw/
    oplink (Houston, TX USA) - http://speedtest.oplink.net/raw/100mb.zip
    
    IOFLOOD.com - http://www.ioflood.com/faq.php
    IOFLOOD (Phoenix, AZ USA) - http://www.ioflood.com/100mbtest.bin 
    
    DedicatedNow.com - http://speed.fortressitx.com/blocks/
    DedicatedNow (Clifton, NJ USA) - http://speed.fortressitx.com/blocks/100M
    
    VolumeDrive.com - http://volumedrive.com/tos/
    VolumeDrive (Scranton, PA USA) - http://www.volumedrive.com/bigtest.tgz
    
    JoesDatacenter.com - http://www.joesdatacenter.com/Network_Overview.html
    Joe's Datacenter (Kansas City, MO USA) - http://joesdatacenter.com/100MB.zip
    
    WholeSaleInternet.com -
    WholeSaleInternet (Kansas City, KY USA) - http://www.wholesaleinternet.com/100mbit.bin
    
    Burst.Net - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1133745
    BurstNet (Scranton, PA USA) - http://66.96.192.225/bigtest.tgz
    BurstNet (Los Angeles, CA USA) - http://184.82.225.2/bigtest.tgz
    BurstNet (Miami, FL USA) - http://184.22.119.122/bigtest.tgz
    BurstNet (Chicago, IL USA) - http://184.82.112.146/bigtest.tgz
    BurstNet (Manchester, UK EU) - http://184.22.119.122/bigtest.tgz
    
    serverius.com - http://speedtest.serverius.com/
    serverius (Dronten, NL EU) - http://speedtest.serverius.com/2000/100mb.bin
    
    Server.lu - http://www.server.lu/support-faq
    Server.lu (?, Luxemburough EU) - http://www.server.lu/speed.test
    
    GNAX.net/NetDepot.com - http://www.netdepot.com/atlanta-hosting/atlanta-data-center.html
    NetDepot (Atlanta, GA USA) - http://www.netdepot.com/speedtest/100MB.BIN
    NetDepot (Dallas, TX USA) - http://74.81.88.106/speedtest/100MB.BIN
    
    QuadraNet.com - http://www.quadranet.com/la_datacenter.php#
    QuadraNet (Los Angeles, CA USA) - http://www.quadranet.com/speedtests/100mb.bin
    QuadraNet (Dallas, TX USA) - http://www.dal01.quadranet.com/speedtests/100mb.bin
    
    liquidweb.com - 
    liquidweb (Lansing, MI USA) - http://www.liquidweb.com/data/100mb.bin
    
    SwiftWay.net - http://speedtest.swiftway.net/
    SwiftWay (Amsterdam, Neatherlands EU) - http://speedtest.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    SwiftWay (Amsterdam, Neatherlands EU) [EvoSwitch] - http://speedtest-netherlands1.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    SwiftWay (Amsterdam, Neatherlands EU) [EasyNet] - http://speedtest-netherlands2.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    SwiftWay (Chicago, IL USA) - http://speedtest-chicago1.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    SwiftWay (Freemont, CA USA) - http://speedtest-california1.swiftway.net/100MB.bin
    
    Steadfast.net - http://steadfast.net/corporate/lookingglass.php
    Steadfast Networks (Chicago, IL USA) - http://testfile.chi.steadfast.net/data.bin 
    Steadfast Networks (New York, NY USA) - http://testfile.nyc.steadfast.net/data.bin
    
    COLOUnlimited.com - http://www.colounlimited.com/speedtest
    ColoUnlimited (Dallas, TX USA) - http://www.colounlimited.com/128mb.test.file.zip
    
    CoreNetworks.net - http://corenetworks.net/network/
    CoreNetworks (Lansing, MI USA) - http://corenetworks.net/100MB-testfile.zip
    
    DotVPS.net - https://dotvps.net/speed-tests.php
    DotVPS (Scranton, PA USA) - http://tech.dotvps.net/speeds/100mb.test
    DotVPS (Amsterdam, NL EU) - http://93.174.91.7/speeds/100mb.test
    DotVPS (Nordrhien-Westfalen, DE EU) - http://apollo.dotvps.net/~speedtes/100mb.test
    
    Serverboost (?, Netherlands EU) - http://www.serverboost.nl/snelheid/100mb.bin
    
    Gigenet.com - http://www.gigenet.com/information-center/internap-optimized-network/speed-tests.html
    Gigenet (Arlington Heights, IL USA) - http://www.gigenet.com/files/100MB.zip
    
    Ecatel.nl - http://ecatel.nl/
    Ecatel (The Hague, NL EU) - http://mirror.ecatel.net/speedtest/100mb.bin
    
    ReliableServers.com - http://speedtest.reliableservers.com/
    ReliableServer (Newark, NJ US) - http://speedtest.reliableservers.com/100MBtest.bin
    
    choopa.com - http://speedtest.choopa.net/
    choopa (Newark, NJ US) - http://speedtest.choopa.net/100MBtest.bin
    
    YISP.com - http://www.yisp.com/about/network
    YISP (Amsterdam, NL EU) - http://37.220.34.2/file1000mb.bin
    YISP (Amsterdam, NL EU) [We Dare] - http://46.182.104.7:81/file1000mb.bin
    YISP (Miami, FL US) - http://www.yisp.com/file1000mb.bin
    
    EDIS.at - http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/edis-e3-99-256mb-kvm-in-switzerland-austria-us/
    EDIS (Graz, AT EU) - http://at.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (Zurich, CH EU) - http://ch.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (London, UK EU) - http://uk.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (Milano, IT EU) - http://it.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (Frankfurt, DE EU) - http://de.edis.at/100mb.bin
    EDIS (Chicago, IL US) - http://us.edis.at/100mb.bin
    
    Hetzner (?, Germany EU) - http://hetzner.de/100MB.iso
    
    ---OTHER---
    CDN TEST FILES:
    
    Cachefly.net - http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    
    gogrid.com - https://wiki.gogrid.com/wiki/index.php/GoGrid_CDN#Performance
    http://test.cdn.gogrid.com/50Mfile
    What a healthy list

    Just wanted to mention, we recently switched out some of ours. You can find the new ones here:
    http://quadranet.com/company/los-angeles/
    http://quadranet.com/company/dallas/
    http://quadranet.com/company/miami/

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,183
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by BenTenn View Post
    Thats a good collection. Good Work
    Do you mind if I use your list
    Thanks. Feel free to use it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Cisneros View Post
    Just wanted to mention, we recently switched out some of ours. You can find the new ones here:
    Thanks Dustin, will update.

    Quote Originally Posted by 24x7group View Post
    Ours also changed:
    I'll update yours too

  13. #13
    bump for some more

Similar Threads

  1. Test Download Files
    By MPDon in forum Running a Web Hosting Business
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 12:19 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 04:02 AM
  3. Download Test
    By Blackman in forum Other Reviews
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 02:22 AM
  4. Making test files for download
    By Eiolon in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 09:15 PM
  5. Test Files to download?
    By NotAfraid in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2003, 06:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •