* LiquidWeb Support Staff

Do you guys know where is LiquidWeb's staff located ? Do they outsource their support ?

The reason for asking is, yesterday I asked them to upgrade my WHMCS on my Managed Cloud Server and the customer rep completely messed it up and my website was down for more than an hour and he couldn't fix it up and I had to restore it from my backup.

I know WHMCS or 3rd party installations are not covered by there SLA but what was so difficult in just updating WHMCS ? Even a non certified web admin could do the upgrade.

Not that I want to bash or write any negative review against them as I have been receiving decent service from them but makes me wonder what sort of staff or what level system admins do they employ.

That's no good. All of our support staff is located onsite at our data centers. Would you mind kindly messaging me your ticket # so I could look into this? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWebCale View Post
    That's no good. All of our support staff is located onsite at our data centers. Would you mind kindly messaging me your ticket # so I could look into this? Thank you!
    Oh Thats good to know.
    I have PMed you my Ticket ID and I wasn't complaining. Mistakes happen so Don't fire your staff but yeah would appreciate if you could look into it.

They have their own staff and don't outsource as far as I am aware.

I think you've gone way above and beyond, given what it costs for the management plans that they offer, to even attempt the upgrade for you. So I would suggest giving them a break even though it didn't quite go to plan, they shouldn't even have done it for you in the first place.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Mc View Post
    They have their own staff and don't outsource as far as I am aware.

I think you've gone way above and beyond, given what it costs for the management plans that they offer, to even attempt the upgrade for you. So I would suggest giving them a break even though it didn't quite go to plan, they shouldn't even have done it for you in the first place.
    I think he's being very calm and understanding given what happened. Looks like he is just asking a simple question.

The reason for asking is, yesterday I asked them to upgrade my WHMCS on my Managed Cloud Server and the customer rep completely messed it up and my website was down for more than an hour and he couldn't fix it up and I had to restore it from my backup.

I know WHMCS or 3rd party installations are not covered by there SLA but what was so difficult in just updating WHMCS ? Even a non certified web admin could do the upgrade.

Not that I want to bash or write any negative review against them as I have been receiving decent service from them but makes me wonder what sort of staff or what level system admins do they employ.
    █ █ █

Quote Originally Posted by rits View Post
    I think he's being very calm and understanding given what happened. Looks like he is just asking a simple question.
    I totally agree, my post was supposed to say "I think they've gone way above and beyond".

Outside of his questions which I answered I was saying that I don't believe he should hold it against them. A gesture of good will by them has led to the OP not being 100% satisfied.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Scott.Mc View Post
    I totally agree, my post was supposed to say "I think they've gone way above and beyond".

Outside of his questions which I answered I was saying that I don't believe he should hold it against them. A gesture of good will by them has led to the OP not being 100% satisfied.
    No worries all good
    █ █ █

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWebCale View Post
    Do you have any update on it ?
    You never responded back to me :|

Sounds a bit weird maybe the rep wasn't having a good day or just didn't know what their where doing.. WHMcs can be easily upgraded and it may be easy for many people but hey some people may have their ups and downs when it comes to WHMcs or any script period. maybe he clicked the wrong button or icon by accident who knows.

They're in Michigan.
    Zero outsourcing.
    To my knowledge, they don't even hire L2+ worldwide. It's all local.
    L1 may even be like that still.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    Sounds a bit weird maybe the rep wasn't having a good day or just didn't know what their where doing.. WHMcs can be easily upgraded and it may be easy for many people but hey some people may have their ups and downs when it comes to WHMcs or any script period. maybe he clicked the wrong button or icon by accident who knows.
    Actually WHMCS breaks if you have installed a custom web template over it and sometimes it requires tweaking at the source code level to get it properly up and running 100 %
    Sam
    Supportlobby.com - Expertise in Windows/Linux server support, IaaS and PaaS Management
    Spiralbean.com - Custom Software Development
    Email: exec @ activelobby.net | Skype: unni_active

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    They're in Michigan.
    Zero outsourcing.
    To my knowledge, they don't even hire L2+ worldwide. It's all local.
    L1 may even be like that still.
    Yeah they also have offices in Phoenix too I believe? Not sure what all they have out there.

Their support is like a lottery though. Once in a while you get someone who knows what they're doing. After I left, someone told me the trick is to escalate tickets.
    #---.#---###### | Host Mist LLC - Helping People Say Hello World™
    #---.#---#--#--# || Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, VPS, Dedicated
    ####---#--#--# }| Featuring multiple locations across the US & Germany.
    #---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.