Need a Cheap VPS with good Processing Power

I need a good VPS for doing some heavy duty processing. All other specs besides the processor are secondary, however I will need at least 256mb or RAM. I was looking at ChicagoVPS, are there any better options?

You should check the offers section.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTD21 View Post
    I need a good VPS for doing some heavy duty processing. All other specs besides the processor are secondary, however I will need at least 256mb or RAM. I was looking at ChicagoVPS, are there any better options?
    Read reviews first... you're not going to be able to utilize 'heavy duty processing' with them (or any cheap lowend provider for that matter). When using a VPS, you share resources with other customers on the same node. Sometimes VPS providers pack hundreds of clients on the same node. Once your usage starts having a negative impact on other paying customers you'll be suspended pretty quickly.

Whats your budget? You may be better off with a cheap <$50 dedicated server that offers you an actual CPU instead of some oversold cheap OpenVZ VPS.
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

if your running something power hungry, dedicated server is more suites you. but how much is your budget? you can't really get something powerful with 256mb of RAM
    RouterHosting
    Cheap Windows VPS | Linux VPS | Dedicated Servers Within Your budget
    Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, Payza, PerfectMoney, Moneybookers, BitCoin and ....
    Instant Windows and Linux VPS Activation

Cheap VPS with good Processing Power
    normally in such combination your VPS will be suspended for over usage of CPU resources.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Are you looking for any specific location?

I am a customer of chicagovps.net vps for a year now. They have good deals and their performance is ok.

Cheap VPS with good Processing Power
    An oxymoron if I've ever seen one :-)

You'll be best served with a low-end dedicated server if you need to do some consistent intensive processing of data. As others have mentioned, cheap VPS providers will likely suspend you for resource abuse if you're running processes that hog the CPU.
    ▄▀▄ Brian Harrison, Lead Engineer - Reprise Hosting (AS62838)
    ▄▀▄ Deals on cheap dedicated server hosting. IPMI included! Unmetered bandwidth.
    ▄▀▄ Website migration, 24/7/365 support, basic server setup, 15 day money back.
    ▄▀▄ Looking for DEALS on self-managed cheap VPS hosting? Visit VPSHostingDEAL.com

Do you need your VPS to be particularly in Chicago or any US location will do?
    Let us know what you intend to host on your VPS so we can help you out. As people above have mentioned you cannot run anything decent on a cheap node. Good and reliable processing power costs.