* Unmanaged KVM VPS in L.A.

Hi there,
    I ve been looking into the offers section and used google but I cannot find any reliable provider.

I need an unmanaged KVM VPS in Los Angeles with L.A. IP address which I want to use for OpenVPN Access Server only.

Budget $5-9 per month.
    Last edited by WebHostFreak; 10-28-2013 at 05:52 PM.

You can run OpenVPN on most virtualization... any reason you need it on KVM only?
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

Its hard for me to get OpenVPN Access Server running on a OpenVZ. I tried it but didn't work out. There are many threads in the internet regarding this problem but no real solution.. So I prefer KVM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostFreak View Post
    Its hard for me to get OpenVPN Access Server running on a OpenVZ. I tried it but didn't work out. There are many threads in the internet regarding this problem but no real solution.. So I prefer KVM.
    Which articles are you reading? It's actually fairly easy and should not take you more than 15-20 minutes to setup OpenVPN.

- Daniel

Yes, I would recommend to go with OpenVZ, cheaper and better performance for what you want.
    Cloudzy
    Cheap Windows VPS | Linux VPS | Bitcoin VPS | Forex VPS
    Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, PerfectMoney, CryotoCurrency and Bitcoin
    In business for more than 14 years - Since 2008

I tried it several times with a OpenVZ VPS, I enabled IPtables, TUN/TAP, I asked the web host (EZPZ).. everything was setup right but I always got the same Error after trying to start the server through the OpenVPN Panel:
    "iptables service not started because of error (SVC_RUN_EXCEPT)"

I tried it on a DigitalOcean VPS (KVM) and it worked out immediately right after installation.

IPtables wont work on open vz but they will work on kvm based vps

No doubt KVM or Xen have better compatibility and flexibility to run openvpn. Many people posted in wht about tun/tap, try to search around.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

with $5 u can get around 512 MB ram with KVM. how many hard disk and bandwidth u may need? 8 GB diskspace and 750GB bandwidth is ok for u?

I have a KVM VPS with FrontRangeHosting. They just merged with Total Server Solutions, and migrated my KVM VPS from Colorado Springs to Los Angeles this past weekend. The result has been a significant performance and connectivity boost, so I can't complain. Much of the performance boost is due to a change from standard drives to all SSDs. (The Colorado Springs/"Denver" location is being closed out, with VPSs going to Los Angeles and Atlanta.)

I saw this offer for low end KVM VPS about two weeks ago on LowEndTalk, which also includes KVM VPSs:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/148...rom-3-00-mo/p1

This is the last offer I saw on LowEndBox. If you scroll down, you can see a KVM VPS:
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/front-rang...nver-colorado/

I'm not sure how the merger affects these offers, nor do I know if they will still be honored. They may or may not apply to the new Los Angeles location. If you are interested, you should ask.

I am just a customer of FrontRangeHosting, and have no other business relationship with them. I have several small VPSs with other companies, in addition to FrontRangeHosting. The FrontRangeHosting one is the only KVM VPS that I have - the rest are OpenVZ.

Quote Originally Posted by cfgguy View Post
    IPtables wont work on open vz but they will work on kvm based vps
    Where did you read that?

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostFreak View Post
    I tried it several times with a OpenVZ VPS, I enabled IPtables, TUN/TAP, I asked the web host (EZPZ).. everything was setup right but I always got the same Error after trying to start the server through the OpenVPN Panel:
    "iptables service not started because of error (SVC_RUN_EXCEPT)"

I tried it on a DigitalOcean VPS (KVM) and it worked out immediately right after installation.
    Sounds like ipt_MARK not being loaded