webmail sign up script

I have a client that is wanting to offer webmail accounts

[email protected] for example..

but he does not want to have to go in and create the account each time so he is looking for a widget or something he can add to his site in order to do this.

I found this but its the closest thing I found so far and honestly I don't even know if it really does work as they say..

http://www.zubrag.com/scripts/cpanel...il-account.php

says you can do it via a url..

Is there anything like a signup form or script that's free or under 10 bucks (my client is broke) that I can suggest to them... I would think maybe WHM or WHMCS or even my OPENSRS would offer something but I have not found anything, and if I did I did not realize what its called I guess.

Thanks..

I took a look at Zubrag's script and it should work if you were to put some of the code in it's own function and have another script call things directly to add the email account, though I'm concerned regarding the outdated code practices I've seen.

To my knowledge WHMCS, since it's a billing platform does not have any addon's to create email accounts through a widget on an individuals website, and it would be strange if it did. WHM though does have API's, that you could work with for free.

I'd really suggest your client find the money to pay someone to make use of the cPanel/WHM API (http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/vie.../Api2/ApiEmail), it will cost more than $10, probably $50 to $100 but at least it would be done right. In the mean time, you can use the script you found. I don't think you are going to find too many scripts that are similar since building things like that are not widely popular, and there is not much money in building such simple standalone scripts.

Thanks Socket for the reply and input, I will let the client know and I really do appreciate it so very much.

Just to shed the light on on old thread I did find this here also..

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=253223

I know the code is old, but im gathing bits and pieces from different sources to build a more secure verion until the cpanel mod can be justified.