Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    87

    * Never signed up with Burstnet

    First off, they have the worst support system EVER, for a company tht claims to be in business for years, they sure take 3 days on average to talk to someone. When you finally talk to someone it's another 2 days for there another response.

    Anyhow, when Volumedrive did there magic trick and Burstnet sent out mass emails to Volumedrive customers (we all know the story no need to type all that out) they promised to match what I had at Volumedrive. I was one of the lucky/unlucky one that had his server left with Burstnet and they agree to match my invoice with specs included. After about 3 weeks my server was offline and after 5 days they said i was on a shared 100mpbs but i should be on a 1gig port so they adjusted that with another excuse. On 10/10 they cut off my server again and after 5 days they said it was bandwidth abuse. I was confused because on Volumedrive it was 1gig unmetered and never had a complaint from them before, EVER. Anyhow, Burstnet replied saying for that price it's unfair to get such speed, well... You were the people that send unauthorized email claiming to match something you CAN'T match. It comes down to this with them people, they put the server online so i can make a backup but i can't use it for public purposes due to bandwidth "abuse", my service end 10/21 and the last time i used that server was 10/15 so i moved to another reliable server provider. The nerve of these people to actually send me new billing after server cancellation. smh, at lease there billing system works because they bill you a month ahead and you will keep spamming everyday even when your due 20 days away.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    The offer was to match "reasonable" deals for Volumedrive refugees.
    Your offer was not reasonable, nor sustainable, hence why probably in the situation they were in.
    At a 100Mbps port, as we were led to believe, that was fine...once you start using hundreds of Mbps at that sub $100 low pricing, sorry, but not going to happen with us.
    You can be as mad as you want, but direct that at VD from selling you something unsustainable, and yourself for purchasing something you knew was too good to be true.

    It is not a requirement, nor a need, for us to take over your ridiculous service offer/pricing, when YOUR provider screwed you over.

    As far as you other issues, our billing systems are automated, invoice and bill in advance, and refund if you cancel before new service term. All plainly spelled out in our service agreement.

    You may not like it, and be left in a poor situation following your provider's failures, but BurstNET did absolutely nothing wrong here, and actually tried to help you. Looks like you didn't get your way, and just want to kick a gift horse in the mouth here for trying to help you get your data.

    PS - Our support system is Kayako, one of the most popular in the industry. You could not be more off base stating that our "support system sucks", and you are cutting up tons of other providers in the industry using the same software therefore.
    .
    .
    Last edited by HostJedi; 10-29-2013 at 04:04 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,711
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    PS - Our support system is Kayako, one of the most popular in the industry. You could not be more off base stating that our "support system sucks", and you are cutting up tons of other providers in the industry using the same software therefore.
    .
    .
    I guess by support system, he meant your support team and not the actual support software.
    Kushal || Host4Geeks LLC || Own Network - Hardware - IP Ranges - cPanel & WHMCS Authorized Partners.
    Managed VPS - cPanel - Softaculous - Monitoring - DDoS Protection - Fully Managed - East Coast - West Coast - London
    Reseller Hosting - WHMCS || CloudLinux || SSL || SSD || Daily Backups || LiteSpeed || US / UK || DDoS Protection
    Announcing our Indian Expansion - #LevelUP Your Web Hosting Experience - Subscribe now for Early Access & Discounts!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    The offer was to match "reasonable" deals for Volumedrive refugees.
    Your offer was not reasonable, nor sustainable, hence why probably in the situation they were in.
    At a 100Mbps port, as we were led to believe, that was fine...once you start using hundreds of Mbps at that sub $100 low pricing, sorry, but not going to happen with us.
    You can be as mad as you want, but direct that at VD from selling you something unsustainable, and yourself for purchasing something you knew was too good to be true.

    It is not a requirement, nor a need, for us to take over your ridiculous service offer/pricing, when YOUR provider screwed you over.

    As far as you other issues, our billing systems are automated, invoice and bill in advance, and refund if you cancel before new service term. All plainly spelled out in our service agreement.

    You may not like it, and be left in a poor situation following your provider's failures, but BurstNET did absolutely nothing wrong here, and actually tried to help you. Looks like you didn't get your way, and just want to kick a gift horse in the mouth here for trying to help you get your data.

    PS - Our support system is Kayako, one of the most popular in the industry. You could not be more off base stating that our "support system sucks", and you are cutting up tons of other providers in the industry using the same software therefore.
    .
    .
    Oh really? Well Burstnet sure DID MATCH it until they found out how much bandwidth I was using then you cry wolf correct??? Exactly.

    You took a knife an put in volumedrive back and when you got there customers (without knowing how much they will actually use) you thought you guys had a steal huh... That's what bad business practice will get you.

    Anyhow, he know i'm talking about there sorry support system.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by duttyrock View Post
    Oh really? Well Burstnet sure DID MATCH it until they found out how much bandwidth I was using then you cry wolf correct??? Exactly.
    At 100Mbps it is reasonable, at 1Gbps it not---plain and simple.
    We matched what we initially led to believe you had, which at no time was it that amount of bandwidth we agreed to.
    Sorry, but we have no obligation to match VD's pricing, and were only doing so for sustainable/reasonable offers.
    You know darn well your deal is just ridiculous, and your just made that you got called out on it, and can't get it from any other provider in their right mind.


    Quote Originally Posted by duttyrock View Post
    You took a knife an put in volumedrive back and when you got there customers (without knowing how much they will actually use) you thought you guys had a steal huh... That's what bad business practice will get you.

    That's hillarious.
    Yea, we are the ones that stabbed VD in the back.
    That's just too funny!
    Did you forget about the boatload of money they screwed us for when they snuck out the door.

    Any semi-intelligent person can see what is going on here.
    Why don't you just go back to Volumedrive...sounds like you two are a perfect match!
    .
    .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    87
    At 100Mbps it is reasonable, at 1Gbps it not---plain and simple.
    We matched what we initially led to believe you had, which at no time was it that amount of bandwidth we agreed to.
    Sorry, but we have no obligation to match VD's pricing, and were only doing so for sustainable/reasonable offers.
    You know darn well your deal is just ridiculous, and your just made that you got called out on it, and can't get it from any other provider in their right mind.
    In other words you lied, an actually it's not because Volumedrive is back in business an im sure they must be offering the same price.

    That's hillarious.
    Yea, we are the ones that stabbed VD in the back.
    That's just too funny!
    Did you forget about the boatload of money they screwed us for when they snuck out the door.

    Any semi-intelligent person can see what is going on here.
    Why don't you just go back to Volumedrive...sounds like you two are a perfect match!
    It is what it is, and please don't talk about semi-intelligent, because your system suck, Lol and this is from a company been in business how long?

    Anyhow, just informing people. Peace.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by duttyrock View Post
    In other words you lied, an actually it's not because Volumedrive is back in business an im sure they must be offering the same price.

    It is what it is, and please don't talk about semi-intelligent, because your system suck, Lol and this is from a company been in business how long? Anyhow, just informing people. Peace.

    The only thing you are informing people of is that we have common sense, and try to run a sustainable business, without giving the farm away.

    You're being ridiculous at this point.
    Go throw your temper tantrum somewhere else.
    .
    .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by duttyrock View Post
    It was 1gig unmetered and never had a complaint from Volumedrive before, EVER.
    That's the problem right there.

    1Gbps unmetered for a dedicated server below $100 per month is a recipe for disaster.

    Some hosts out there will promise you anything to get you signed up, but remember that you only get what you pay for. That's especially true with web hosting.
    ▄▀▄ Brian Harrison, Lead Engineer - Reprise Hosting (AS62838)
    ▄▀▄ Deals on cheap dedicated server hosting. IPMI included! Unmetered bandwidth.
    ▄▀▄ Website migration, 24/7/365 support, basic server setup, 15 day money back.
    ▄▀▄ Looking for DEALS on self-managed cheap VPS hosting? Visit VPSHostingDEAL.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    2,063
    Use some common sense, OP. Volumedrive went down for a reason.
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

    It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    United States, MI
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianHarrison View Post
    That's the problem right there.

    1Gbps unmetered for a dedicated server below $100 per month is a recipe for disaster.

    Some hosts out there will promise you anything to get you signed up, but remember that you only get what you pay for. That's especially true with web hosting.
    You would think though if BurstNET was going to illegally steal VolumeDrive's email/customer list; that they would at least check the pricing before they started talking out the side of their mouth.
    Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Go throw your temper tantrum somewhere else.
    .
    .
    You're not a part of WHT staff, people can come here to discuss their feelings about any company freely. I believe you're growing tired of people bashing your company and you can't take criticism because think nothing is wrong, and you think you own the place. Compare your posts to any other hosts here who get a bad review, your replies would look the worst out of them all. You might be the CEO of a large company, but you're just like the rest of us. There's dozens of bad reviews about you here and you complain and cry on each and every one of them.

    You took matters and problems into your own hands when contacting hundreds of clients from another company trying to gain their business, if you can't provide what they were given before yet you claim you can match it, why change your story afterwards?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Crothers View Post
    You would think though if BurstNET was going to illegally steal VolumeDrive's email/customer list; that they would at least check the pricing before they started talking out the side of their mouth.

    Congradulations! I was not aware that you were appointed a judge in Pennsylvania! Thank you for rendering a legal decision here and your impartial handling of the verdict!

    You, like a few others here, seems to not recall all the facts, or just not give a darn, and just want to troll us.
    We never offered to match EVERY Volumedrive price/deal, just those that were reasonable.
    Matching all of them would be insane...VD ended up in the situation they are in now for a reason.
    .
    .
    Last edited by HostJedi; 10-30-2013 at 12:58 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeambrose3 View Post
    You're not a part of WHT staff, people can come here to discuss their feelings about any company freely. I believe you're growing tired of people bashing your company and you can't take criticism because think nothing is wrong, and you think you own the place. Compare your posts to any other hosts here who get a bad review, your replies would look the worst out of them all. You might be the CEO of a large company, but you're just like the rest of us. There's dozens of bad reviews about you here and you complain and cry on each and every one of them.

    You took matters and problems into your own hands when contacting hundreds of clients from another company trying to gain their business, if you can't provide what they were given before yet you claim you can match it, why change your story afterwards?

    Thank you for your selective reading.
    We never offer to match EVERY ridiculous offer VD had, just the reasonable and sustainable ones.
    Who the heck wants to give hundreds of Mbps of bandwidth away for $65/month...not us---nor did we ever offer to.

    We have every right to call this guy out for being a big baby about not getting his way. He is just unhappy we are not allowing him to practically steal tons of bandwidth at minimal price from us, as he was doing to Volumedrive. He should be happy he got his data, and realize what he was getting from VD was ridiculous...and either change what he is doing, or adjust his budget accordingly. He is directing his anger at the wrong party, a company that tried to help him, not to the party that actually caused his problems: Volumedrive.

    Then of course the troll BurstNET bandwagon jumps on, ignores facts and reality, and twists some words to make it look like we caused all this guy's problems.
    Karma will attend to those individuals...it as a fine way of doing that.
    .
    .
    Last edited by HostJedi; 10-30-2013 at 01:01 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    United States, MI
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Congradulations! I was not aware that you were appointed a judge in Pennsylvania! Thank you for rendering a legal decision here and your impartial handling of the verdict!

    You, like a few others here, seems to not recall all the facts, or just not give a darn, and just want to troll us.
    We never offered to match EVERY Volumedrive price/deal, just those that were reasonable.
    Matching all of them would be insane...VD ended up in the situation they are in now for a reason.
    .
    .

    Good job trying to cause yet another misdirection.

    But, I'll play your game.

    Let's be more direct.


    1. How did you receive a list of VolumeDrive clients?
    2. How were you able to match which server in the rack is the client's in question?


    Those seem like important questions.

    But, let me guess, you won't answer either one of those questions. I'll be called a "Troll" again. Your fear in answering those questions will be answered with pure misdirection, some crying to the WHT moderators to have me banned from this topic and some public insulting.


    You're one helluva CEO. I'm curious to meet you, I think I'm going to drive down there and see if your personality in real life matches the one you portray online.
    Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Go throw your temper tantrum somewhere else.
    This shows me that you don't care about your customers or possible new customers. You have to look at the customer like the person who is making you with money, but it is true, successful business and morality doesn't exist anymore. It is like in politics, there are no such thing like a moral politician.


    Regards
    ROWEBCA
    Server Services

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Crothers View Post
    1. How did you receive a list of VolumeDrive clients?
    I am interested to that answer also
    Quote Originally Posted by Crothers View Post
    2. How were you able to match which server in the rack is the client's in question?
    I think that was easy according to labeling maybe ?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    43
    Every time I decided to buy a vps from them I came to similar topics so I gave up. I am not going to buy from them

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    United States, MI
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by PascM View Post
    I think that was easy according to labeling maybe ?
    Possibly, there would still be some disconnect.

    My concern is this, if BurstNET isn't able to guarantee beyond a reasonable doubt if that was 100% their hardware, including all drives and so on. Didn't BurstNET sell a faulty product?

    If the server wasn't 100% intact, as far as I'm concerned BurstNET owes a whole bunch of refunds. Since the product offered is drastically different than what was expected.
    Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    312
    So, let me get this straight...

    They matched Volumedrives offer, then later realize it is unsustainable and backtrack on it?

    That's what it sounds like to me.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,557
    seems like you cant read.


    Quote Originally Posted by NateN34 View Post
    So, let me get this straight...

    They matched Volumedrives offer, then later realize it is unsustainable and backtrack on it?

    That's what it sounds like to me.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    2,149
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianHarrison View Post
    That's the problem right there.

    1Gbps unmetered for a dedicated server below $100 per month is a recipe for disaster.

    Some hosts out there will promise you anything to get you signed up, but remember that you only get what you pay for. That's especially true with web hosting.
    Yeah. Fully agree with you.
    That price is simply impossible
    Andrius Petkus, Chief commercial officer @ Bacloud.com data centers.
    Build your cheap dedicated server, Affordable high power Windows SSD VPS
    Payment methods: Bitcoins, Credit cards, PayPal, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Safety Pay, Cashu, Bank transfer.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,294
    Quote Originally Posted by marylisa View Post
    Every time I decided to buy a vps from them I came to similar topics so I gave up. I am not going to buy from them
    From whom?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by NateN34 View Post
    So, let me get this straight...

    They matched Volumedrives offer, then later realize it is unsustainable and backtrack on it?

    That's what it sounds like to me.

    If I recall, without knowing for sure who this client is, this matches one individual I am aware of with a situation that resembles this, and if it was him:

    No, we were not fully informed what he had, or claimed he had, with VD, agreed to a deal with specs we were aware of, and then found out afterwards that was not the case.
    .
    .

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    United States, MI
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    If I recall, without knowing for sure who this client is, this matches one individual I am aware of with a situation that resembles this, and if it was him:

    No, we were not fully informed what he had, or claimed he had, with VD, agreed to a deal with specs we were aware of, and then found out afterwards that was not the case.
    .
    .
    Convenient, how do you sleep at night? Nobody really believes anything you say.

    It seems like to me you lied to customers, told them you have their servers and then just setup your own hardware. Lying to them. I've not seen a single post on here about people renting "their" server from you and having their data.

    Make's me wonder what the real story is behind VD, how much of that damage did you cause? Since we see you make ethically questionable choices everyday anyway.
    Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Crothers View Post
    Convenient, how do you sleep at night? Nobody really believes anything you say.

    It seems like to me you lied to customers, told them you have their servers and then just setup your own hardware. Lying to them. I've not seen a single post on here about people renting "their" server from you and having their data.

    Make's me wonder what the real story is behind VD, how much of that damage did you cause? Since we see you make ethically questionable choices everyday anyway.


    There have been tons of posts on WHT about us helping get clients their servers and data back.
    You'd rather just ignore that and troll us though, due to some old grudge you have against us.
    People can see you for what you are, I don't need to do that for them.

    Post reported yet again to the WHT mods, as you have once again trolled us, this time going well above the line with your false statements and just pain harassment of our firm.

    Time will prove otherwise with VD, as things are currently making their way thru the court system, both from us and other parties. Not a single statement I have made about VD has been untruthful. You can eat crow once the court docs become public.
    .
    .

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    United States, MI
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    There have been tons of posts on WHT about us helping get clients their servers and data back.
    You'd rather just ignore that and troll us though, due to some old grudge you have against us.
    People can see you for what you are, I don't need to do that for them.

    Post reported yet again to the WHT mods, as you have once again trolled us, this time going well above the line with your false statements and just pain harassment of our firm.

    Time will prove otherwise with VD, as things are currently making their way thru the court system, both from us and other parties. Not a single statement I have made about VD has been untruthful. You can eat crow once the court docs become public.
    .
    .


    So it's trolling because you don't wanna answer the hard questions eh?

    Again, I'll ask:

    1. How did you get the VD email list?
    2. How could you possibly associate customers to a dedicated server?

    You refuse to answer those questions. Not sure why. Tells me you're hiding something.
    Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Crothers View Post
    So it's trolling because you don't wanna answer the hard questions eh?

    Again, I'll ask:

    1. How did you get the VD email list?
    2. How could you possibly associate customers to a dedicated server?

    You refuse to answer those questions. Not sure why. Tells me you're hiding something.


    Because these questions are for the court to sort out, and we are not discussing it publicly further.
    Anything we state on that now, can hinder our suit against VD, and ability to collect on their debt with us.
    They are already in court from one party, and soon to be served on our claim as well.

    Stating we are lying, and making up complete nonsense that we didn't give everyone their VD servers hardware and data left, is so ridiculous, that it has gone from trolling to complete harassment and libel.

    VD and BurstNET's situation has absolutely no bearing on you, you were not an active client of either company (making assumption here, as you have not posed any thing compiling about VD, which knowing you, you'd be harassing them too otherwise). Why you are sticking your nose in a situation that does not concern you, just to harass us, is the absolute definition of trolling. Now you've just gone past that with absolute lies and libel.
    .
    .

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Crothers View Post
    So it's trolling because you don't wanna answer the hard questions eh?

    Again, I'll ask:

    1. How did you get the VD email list?
    2. How could you possibly associate customers to a dedicated server?

    You refuse to answer those questions. Not sure why. Tells me you're hiding something.
    what has it possibility got to do with you?

    Most likely nothing.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by DOF|Chris View Post
    what has it possibility got to do with you?

    Most likely nothing.

    Has nothing to do with him.
    The guy just has a grudge against us, as he was unhappy with service from us years ago, and trolls us on WHT any chance he gets.
    We complain to the WHT mods about him, they clear up his nonsense posts typically, he stops for a couple months, then he goes right back at it again.
    This is a clear instant of trolling, and getting well past that now.
    .
    .

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    United States, MI
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Has nothing to do with him.
    The guy just has a grudge against us, as he was unhappy with service from us years ago, and trolls us on WHT any chance he gets.
    We complain to the WHT mods about him, they clear up his nonsense posts typically, he stops for a couple months, then he goes right back at it again.
    This is a clear instant of trolling, and getting well past that now.
    .
    .

    Removed my post, not worth it.

    However, "unhappy with service years ago" is another lie from you.
    Last edited by Crothers; 10-31-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Crothers View Post
    Removed my post, not worth it.

    However, "unhappy with service years ago" is another lie from you.

    I honestly have no idea what your grudge is against us.
    I had though it was some service related issue you had years ago.
    If that's not it, then I have no idea why you troll us.
    .
    .

Similar Threads

  1. Just signed up
    By CWWebworX in forum New Members
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 02:19 PM
  2. Have you signed up yet?
    By MikeTrike in forum Shared Hosting Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 10:25 AM
  3. Just signed up......
    By PHFM in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 12:42 PM
  4. Just signed up
    By FireTown in forum New Members
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 04:32 AM
  5. Self signed vs not self signed (ssl certs)
    By Fizzadar in forum Running a Web Hosting Business
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 01:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •