Legalities for Reseller Hosting

I will be running a reseller hosting account and would like to learn more about Legal stuff. Is buying stuff from HostLegal.com still a good idea? Their stuff is from 2010.

I'm looking for good Terms&Conditions etc

One thing you might want to do is to visit a few of hosts you're following and check their TOS. Also the TOS of your dedi lease or reseller host to make sure your clients won't be breaking the rules.
    10 Gigs Hosting | We heart our customers
    Robust Litespeed Hosting without the Overhead ★
    W: www.10gi.gs

You might need to check your local government rules too. It really depends on every company. You can't just copy paste it from others.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by RCKG View Post
    I will be running a reseller hosting account and would like to learn more about Legal stuff. Is buying stuff from HostLegal.com still a good idea? Their stuff is from 2010.

I'm looking for good Terms&Conditions etc
    Some resellers will include your legal documents for free. I'm not sure if HostLegal.com is still relevant, but you can always start with those documents and then edit them as you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    You might need to check your local government rules too. It really depends on every company. You can't just copy paste it from others.
    Yeah, I actually am not based in US... I'll check with my host for advice too, maybe they have some templates. I'll visit some local hosts too..

HostLegal seems like a useful place but wish they had more updates!

You can always use HostLegal's documents as a template, they cover most of the things but its fairly general. You will definitely need to find out more about your local governing law and add/modify the terms documents accordingly.

Hello.

You have to look in to your upstream (reseller) providers TOS and make your own TOS according to your needs and local government rules and regulations. Also you have to make it comply with your payment gateway tos.
    [DC'S] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. CHINA HK. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS. GERMANY. SOUTH AFRICA
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 14 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

A standard guideline would be to make sure your ToS has similar terms as your provider's ToS. Ultimately, your clients are still hosted on your provider's server and their websites should conform to their ToS. You may also consider adding new terms to align yourself with local laws if necessary.
    HostWithLove.com - World Class Hosting Personalized - 9 Locations Across 4 Continents
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated and Dedicated Servers
    cPanel/WHM | CloudLinux | LiteSpeed | MariaDB | R1Soft CDP | SpamExperts Outbound Filtering
    Locations: Dallas, Los Angeles, Lansing, Orlando, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam, London, New Delhi and Hong Kong