Possible WHMCS bug - Quantum Vault processing in 5.2.12

Since upgrading to 5.2.12, we've seen an abnormally high number of rejected Quantum Vault payments. Upon manually triggering a capture, the payment goes through fine.This is only happening to some of our customers. Some Quantum Vault payments go through just fine. We can't see any corresponding data (value, longevity, service type, billing day of the month, etc) that makes the customers with failed payments show up, though that could just be due to the small sample size.

Here's the kicker: The WHMCS logs say that WHMCS never even attempted to capture payment. Our Quantum reports don't list any declined transactions on the appropriate dates, nor do they list any declined (or any, for that matter) transactions under the affected customer's name, on or near the billing date.

Since WHMCS support is such a trainwreck, I wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem before we open a ticket.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

HI

their is a bug with 5.1.12 with some processing, apparently they have a bug fix that you have to request on helpdesk, I asked on saturday but yet to have a response.

maybe wait for .13
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

No such problems here yet with Quantum Vault and WHMCS 5.2.12. But we've only processed a couple of payments since this last update so what you've experienced could still very well be a bug. Waiting with you to see if anyone else reports an issue.

We have this problem - not with the Quantum Vault module, but our own in-house gateway module - where no cards are being automatically charged at all. Invoices are generated properly, but cards are not even attempted (no log in the gateway of any attempts).

If we attempt the captures manually, it works fine - so we do have similar symptoms.

WHMCS support sent us a patch this morning which they said should resolve the issue, so we will wait and see if tomorrow's billing run includes properly charging the cards.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Last edited by Chris-M; 10-28-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Amend type in first line

There is a patch to fix this (replacement for one file). You have to put in a ticket to support to get it. I received it today.

I think this particular issue irks me more than anything and it doesn't just involve Quantum Vault. This issue is being reported here, Twitter and on their own forums. They've basically broke automatic credit card processing for some, if not quite a few, of their users and... silence. They know it's broke, they have a fix for it and they aren't telling folks it's broke and they are making folks submit a ticket to get this issue patched. I'm guessing because they don't want to issue yet -another- patch so close to all of their others.

An e-mail at least alerting users to this issue would have been more than appropriate.

I've managed to not be frustrated at most of their lack of communication surrounding all of their issues this month, but that's over now. They are really starting to irritate me with this lack of communication nonsense.

I can remember being this irritated at ModernBill back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    Here's the kicker: The WHMCS logs say that WHMCS never even attempted to capture payment. Our Quantum reports don't list any declined transactions on the appropriate dates, nor do they list any declined (or any, for that matter) transactions under the affected customer's name, on or near the billing date.
    Just to confirm, the patch that WHMCS issued privately via a support ticket yesterday fixed this issue for us - today's billing run went through properly.

Finally experienced the same issue. And wonder of wonders, they responded to my request for the patch (which consists of one file) within 1/2 hour.

It's too bad they're not being proactive about this and actually telling their customers about a known bug collecting payment. Grrrr.

Thanks. We opened a ticket and requested assistance. Now taking bets on what the outcome will be:

1) Ask us to submit this as a feature request on their forum
    2) Claim it isn't a bug / operating as designed
    3) Blame Quantum Vault
    4) Provide a patch that fixes this issue but converts all recurring prices to -$1000.00, then starts issuing daily mass refunds.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates